Attention Howard….Nosferatu Remake In The Works….Tailor Made For Howie….

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Aug 6, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    A 'Nosferatu' Remake Is In The Works, Sadly
    Another day, another remake of a classic film.

[​IMG]
    Dracula is back, again.

According to Deadline, the latest film to hop on the remake train is F.W. Murnau's 1922 horror classic, "Nosferatu." Robert Eggers ("The Witch") is writing and directing the untitled remake according to the trade, with Jay Van Hoy and Lars Knudsen’s Parts & Labor company producing for Studio 8.

It comes as little surprise that Murnau's silent film is being reworked, especially after news that another classic, Federico Fellini's "La Dolce Vita," is also being remade. This reimagining will be more one of the numerous adaptations of Bram Stoker's Dracula -- Murnau's film was anunauthorized retelling of the classic novel.

"Nosferatu" is regarded as one of the greatest, and scariest, horror films of all time, mainly for its chilling black-and-white cinematography, which leaves the audience in suspense while viewing the gothic corridors of the vampire's Transylvanian home. Even watching the film, and Max Schreck's eerie performance as Count Orlok, today is an unnerving experience -- turn the lights off and try watching it alone with the volume blasting (bearing in mind it is from the '20s).

But we can't help feeling disappointed by such news, since Dracula adaptations have been far overdone, not to mention the vampire sub-genre alone. The concept of a modern reworking of a silent horror film that chills mainly due to its lack of elaborate special effects and dialogue, seems antithetical. Still, we're open-minded and hopeful Eggers can bring something new and refreshing to the original, or at least to the genre. After all, Grantland called "The Witch" thescariest film at Sundance this year.

Mr Fantastic likes this.
  2. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect casting….Take off the wig…Wallah!!

[​IMG]

3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    "Robin, Nosferatu stole my look."

Mr Fantastic likes this.
  4. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Robin I was gonna take da part but here's the thing: They wouldn't let Ralph have final edit on the Nosferatu outfits. Quite frankly Robin, I like a longer cuff than their wardrobe wanted so I said g'byyye and headed for ze hills.

5. Harambe Burrito

Harambe Burrito Intelligent, average dick size and sensational Gold

Reputations:
    Zis is a vely insulting thlead, human.
    You have been varned.

TheMercenary likes this.
  6. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if only howard could act....this would be the perfect vehicle for him.

if it's a comic nosferatu i think he could get the part(although he claims he can act). i can't think of anyone else who would be right for the role.
    the original is fascinating...hard to believe it was made so long ago. maybe they can exhume klaus kinski(although kinski had a habit of overacting although he was amazing in aguirre-wrath of god) for the part. the actor who originally played the role was brilliant.
    why do they have the need to remake cassias....the answer is to sex it up and dumb it down for today's stupid audiences.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Mr Fantastic likes this.
  7. Homerj123

Homerj123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought they already remade this in 1979 with "Nosferatu the Vampire". I didn't actually see it, so maybe it was similar in name only.

8. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Nosferatu's look was based on what the stereotypical depiction of Jews was in the German press back in the day. Orlock represented the blood-sucking Jew that would terrify people by trying to take over the world . Claws, hook nose, big rat eyes. Kinda surprised that the Jews haven't protested. In any event, Howturd would be perfect for the role.

9. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's typecasting for sure, but Howchie was born to play this role.

isabella likes this.