Autotuned or not, you be the judge.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Jul 9, 2013.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She apparently is able to mimic Autotune with her voice.

[video=youtube;CXypB4tOlOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXypB4tOlOc[/video]

2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Would bang

3. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    ^ Me too.

4. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

Autotune all the way! It makes me laugh when I hear the lame ass amateur piano score to this boring song. Pound the same keys with very minor changes, no different then all the other wanna-be bands with their simple lame ass amateur guitar strums. The ability to write music has died right along with the ability to write lyrics.

5. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if that's not autotuned, that's pretty amazing. unfortunately it's a completely useless talent.

i'll bet if she put balls in her mouth and she sung like that, she could make dudes come without touching their dong. hey, she just made me cum without touching my dong.

6. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    1.5 million views on YouTube

7. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes. Just listen without watching. Very apparent.

8. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Anyone familiar with Auto-Tune knows that the robotic-sounding voice modulation is a big controversy in music. Singers like T-Pain and Kanye West have been criticized for using it, even while Web shows like "Auto-Tune the News" have become massive hits because of the process. So we have heard a ton of Auto-Tune singing recently, but never anything quite like that of Emmalene (Emma) Robinson, a St. Petersburg, Florida, high school junior who seems to be able to sing in Auto-Tune with no computer software helping her out.
    Robinson told Gainesville.com that her boyfriend, unbeknownst to her, posted a video of her singing Rihanna's "Stay" to Reddit's Music section, where he was careful to note that it had not been put through the Auto-Tune process. Her YouTube page jumped quickly from around 600 subscribers to more than 7,000. She says that half of the comments are very kind, while the other half either express doubt that her ability is legitimate or are outright rude. But she swears that her talent for sounding like Auto-Tune is authentic and that it is pretty much how she has always been singing. Of her style, she said, "I'd say it's a variation of yodeling or Celtic-type singing. It brings back those old Irish (songs) ... I don't know how I got it; I just can't sing without it."
    The comments on Reddit are actually very complimentary. People wrote things like, "Please cover every T-Pain song." Robinson said that some people have gotten in touch with her about professionally recording but she doesn't know how real any of the offers are. With her talent, though, it seems that stardom is in her future.

9. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not auto tuned. I've seen her interviewed where she just sings on cue. She just has a really wide range in her voice similar to yodeling.

10. Daemon

Daemon Asshole

Reputations:
    It doesn't sound like Auto-Tune, it sounds like someone trying to impersonate Auto-Tune. She's not able to reach those robotic high pitches. People use Auto-Tune because they can't reach certain notes. So if you can reach them, why try to make your voice sound robotic?