Bad news for the NY Jets....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jets' Sheldon Richardson charged with resisting arrest after alleged road race in Missouri
    Updated July 30, 2015 11:20 PM
    By LAURA ALBANESE laura.albanese@newsday.com

18 Reprints + -
    [​IMG] Sheldon Richardson #91 of the New York Jets reacts after Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots was sacked late in the first half at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, Dec. 21, 2014 in East Rutherford, N.J. Photo Credit: Jim McIsaac

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Sheldon Richardson had vowed to his teammates that he'd never be in a newspaper again for his bad decisions. He vehemently denied that he is a "dope fiend." But hours after Richardson talked with reporters, a Missouri prosecutor announced that the Jets defensive lineman, who already has been suspended four games after testing positive for marijuana, has been charged with resisting arrest and a host of traffic violations stemming from an alleged July 14 road race that took place with a 12-year-old in the car.

St. Charles County prosecutor Tim Lohmar released a statement Thursday that said that Richardson, driving a 2014 Bentley Silver Spur on Interstate 64, was clocked at speeds as high as 143 mph and was racing another car when police attempted to pull him over. Richardson then allegedly sped up, exited, turned off his lights and ran a red light to avoid arrest.

Police allege that Richardson lost control of his car while fleeing and that the rear of the vehicle veered into oncoming traffic.

See alsoRead the probable cause statement
    Police caught up to Richardson when he turned into a driveway and, according to the probable cause statement, saw him reach toward something near his feet. A loaded gun later was recovered in that area, police said. The car reeked of marijuana, they said. Along with the 12-year-old, Richardson had two men with him, according to the statement.

"I smelled a very strong odor of burned marijuana emanating from the vehicle and all passengers smelled of burned marijuana," the statement said.

Resisting arrest is a Class A misdemeanor that can lead to up to a year in prison and a $1,000 fine.

Richardson is scheduled to be arraigned at St. Charles County circuit court on Oct. 27.

The Jets had no knowledge of the arrest until they saw media reports, a source said.

JetsJets' Richardson banned 4 games for pot
    "We are aware of the situation and are gathering information," the team said Thursday night. "This is a pending legal matter and we will have no further comment at this time."

A league spokesman said the NFL is looking into the matter.

It was a bizarre turn from only hours earlier, when a contrite-looking Richardson said he took full accountability for testing positive for marijuana in the offseason. He had to have tested positive at least twice to be suspended, according to the league's drug policy.

"I'm not a dope fiend," he said after the first day of practice. "I can say no, I just chose not to. I was in a depressing time in my offseason and that's just it. It's just that simple. There's money on the line and my money is worth more than some weed.

"I take full accountability for my actions," he added. "I apologized to my teammates and my organization and I told them they don't have to worry about my name being in the news again."

JetsJets know they have to step up while Richardson is out
    The 2013 Defensive Rookie of the Year said he was "a little disappointed and embarrassed, for my parents' sake. When an NFL player messes up, the whole world knows about it. The family goes through a lot. People at work don't know how to talk to them anymore."

Richardson, who is allowed to practice at training camp, took reps on the second team, his first-team spot taken by first-round draft pick Leonard Williams.

Coach Todd Bowles, apparently unaware of the arrest, said the team had "come to grips with" not having Richardson for a quarter of the season.

"Hopefully he'll get help with his problem, and with practice every day, we'll get him in shape and it should be a good lesson for him," Bowles said. "I'm sure his parents are as disappointed as anybody and he understands that and his actions will speak louder than his words."

2. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    This is why we can't have nice things.

bobp, stash, DarkFriday and 1 other person like this.
  3. Shithead

Reputations:
    Thugs

DarkFriday and jackieavenger like this.
  4. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:

This is off topic and I'm sorry. I've seen your avatar a number of times but I never explored its origins. I tracked the video down and I've never laughed so hard!

The funny is at 1:45

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  5. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    J-E-T- S! Jets, Jets,Jets.
    He's making good money, he has fans who adore him, he can probably get hot white women. But he acts like a twelve year old. An NFL career is short. Just behave for a few years.

Scarlett Ohara and yaddc like this.
  6. Shithead

Reputations:
    That would require rational thinking...These are just bulked up hood rats

TheJackiePuppet likes this.
  7. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Getting high with a 12 year old? Straight out the Hein handbook....

Xent and HowieHasBeen like this.
  8. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Driving a Bentley. smart financial advice. Hell be just another broke ass Reggie in ten years.

TheJackiePuppet and Nemo like this.
  9. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    143 mph In his Bentley. Guns weed yep he's in the NFL

WillieX and TheJackiePuppet like this.
  10. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's fucked. Endangering the life of a child while driving 143 mph.

11. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:

If they don't cut this moron today, the Jets are fools.

scoobyla and JRoyle411 like this.
  12. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    And Geno Smith is the QB :jj:

John Mahlin and RF76 like this.
  13. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I predict the NFL will give him another 4 games so he will be suspended 1/2 the season. Unless he failed a second drug test they can't hold the smell of pot in car as a second violation. The commissioner will still hit him with the extra four games just to let him know they aren't fucking around.

14. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have a feeling ten years from now Sheldon Richardson is going destitute. He is a great talent, but a complete moron. He is going to Josh Gordon his career.

15. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    143 mph in a Bentley...
    smell of weed
    12 year old in the car
    ....and a gun
    :facepalm:

16. MyLazyHand

Reputations:

The team needs to "get him in shape" ???? He signed a $10 million contract and someone else needs to motivate him?

We're making heroes of our ghetto thugs. This country has all of the wrong priorities.

TheJackiePuppet likes this.
  17. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  18. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Hmmmm...I notice a trend.

#BlackArrestsMatter

Why is so much criminal activity centered around young black males?

19. TheJackiePuppet

TheJackiePuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This should be "liked" a million times over! That might be the most accurate posting ever on this board, other than those about Howard being a sell out, or Beth being an attention loving gold digger, or Gary Puppet being a horny, lonely perverted puppet. We put these animals up on a pedestal like they are heroes, while everyday people that go about their lives are treated like dirt!

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  20. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Goddell should just fine him 25K and send him in his way to balance out the Brady fiasco.