Shop Now At Amazon

bakermedia.com

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Gunnar, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Every once and a while I follow these internet paths through the Nick and Artie universe and end up somewhere.

So, this morning I stumbled on Mike Baker's July 2011 blog-based radio show (with his wife) where he talked about helping on N&A's trail show.

Mike is Nick's internet/tech guy and I think Mike did artiequitter.com too.

I would give Mike/Bakermedia pretty high marks on his ability to develop content (artiequitter has been really good).

Mike was on N&A a year or so ago. It lead to a big fight between Nick and Artie (I think Kamal being on verses MB). Artie started referring to Mike as "Mike Baker the bad radio maker".

I remember falling alseep and waking up to Artie eating like a pig, I got so pissed that went right in and fired off an email to nickandartie@nickandartie.com saying how I was never going to listen to the show again (or at least take a day or two off) because of Artie's eating.

The next morning I replayed the eating segment, which turned out to be the Mike Baker segment which made me email nickandartie@nickandartie.com again and apologize (because it was radio gold).

Anyways, Mike has his blog radio show archives on his bakermedia.com. I found the July 2011 show interesting (he talks about running the analytics on the N&A test show). This is the only data (e.g., how many listeners, nightly podcast downloads/plays N&A have) that I have ever heard of for N&A's show.

I hope I stumble onto the original "Mike Baker the Bad Radio Maker" episode again.

G.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I still remember that show, along with the Dukes of Hazzard one, as being some of the best from the early days. My take on that was that Nick had some deal with Baker where he agreed to let him come on the show as promotion for his business, and Artie was subconsciously rebelling by being a complete jerk during the whole thing. It happens a lot on TV and radio, a tech guy cuts you a deal for promotional appearances. Artie always pulled that stuff on the Stern show, for instance:[video=youtube;LuGaDjX9cn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuGaDjX9cn8[/video]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
    every show in the old .. cold .warm.cold studio was gold 2 me .

5. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    Baker the bad Radio maker was on more than once and he was horrifically bad. It was clearly a payola deal and Artie I think was pissed at how unprofessional it was to have someone that terrible on (unless they are your waiter). I'm going to inform the FCC and maybe we can get rick off the show.

6. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    " I'm going to inform the FCC and maybe we can get rick off the show." If only you weren't joking...

7. mpa

mpa New Member

Reputations:
    I am incapable of joking

8. kev

kev Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    I really don't feel like listening to that boring fuck talk about websites. What were the numbers like as far as listeners/downloads?

Oh yeah, on another show Baker was also criticizing Colin Quinn for trolling people on Twitter, he's a dumb fuck.

9. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I would like to know average number of nightly podcast downloads/listens of the show. Is it 10K, 100K, 1M? I would feel better at 1M.

Mike mentioned some trending stuff based on test show that was suppose to be good, I filtered it out.

Give me download numbers.

G.