WTF Baltimore man who called 911 for help is dead after being punched by police

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by skylarbrie, Sep 26, 2016.

1. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    aol.com
    Baltimore man who called 911 for help is dead after being punched by police
    AOL Staff
    A 21-year-old black man was pronounced dead on Wednesday, after an altercation with county police officers who repeatedly punched him as they responded to a call for an ambulance.

According to the Baltimore County police department, officers were responding to a 911 call placed by the victim's girlfriend. As it turns out, it was actually Tawon Boyd who made the call.

"They really were supposed to be there to get him to the nearest healthcare facility," said Boyd's family attorney, Latoya Francis-Williams.

The police department later contested that, "Police originally thought the girlfriend was the caller because the information passed on to police from the dispatcher said 'female yelling on the phone'."

According to the police incident report: "The call stated that there is a female yelling in the background. 911 added that a female keeps saying 'Tell them hurry up'."

Boyd told officers that his girlfriend Deona Styron, who lived with him, "got him intoxicated and is secretly recording him while someone else is in the home."

See social media reaction to this case:

6 TWEETS

Social reactions to the death of Tawon Boyd

See Gallery

Dear America, We're tired. Sincerely, Blk ppl #TawonBoyd

#TawonBoyd has passed away after being beaten unconsciously by Baltimore police. He called about a break in in his… https://t.co/Gxvqw8I4yd

#TawonBoyd died after his gf called police for help when he was acting strangely. Now people are saying it's not sa… https://t.co/ZoY0bgU4RJ

He called for help & was beaten to death. How does that even sound remotely right to anyone willing to argue in favor of police? #TawonBoyd

keep #TawonBoyd and his family in your prayers. he lost his life after being brutally beat by police in Baltimore.

ANOTHER unarmed Black man named #TawonBoyd has died today.This time in Baltimore, after he was beaten to death by p… https://t.co/YEKRL0DHLc

SHOW CAPTION +

HIDE CAPTION –

The police report describes Boyd as "confused and paranoid." According to the report, Boyd attempted to enter two police cars and then ran to a neighbor's house and banged on the door, calling: "Help! Call the police!"

"It was obvious suspect Boyd was under the influence of a narcotic and/or suffering [REDACTED] and needed to be taken to the hospital for emergency evaluation," the report said.

By the time medical emergency workers arrived on the scene to take Boyd to the hospital, he reportedly had physical injuries inflicted by police.

During the altercation with police, Boyd reportedly scratched an officer's neck and accidentally kicked another officer, named Garland, "while trying to stand." Boyd also grabbed a third officer's face, according to police. That officer, Bowman, "delivered two closed fist strikes to the suspect's face with his right fist".

"He is literally attacked. And by attacked, I mean the witness [Styron] is describing that he [was] struck many times and struck to the ground," Latoya Francis-Williams said.

"Officer Bowman is the one that when he arrived, really started wailing on Mr Boyd, meaning Mr Boyd was on the ground in a prone position and Bowman sat on him, almost straddled his back, and put his left arm under Boyd's neck and pulled his head up in a choking fashion."

Francis-Williams added: "According to the witness, Mr Boyd was screaming, 'Stop, stop, I can't breathe.' That could have been from the choking but at the same time, officer Bowman is punching and striking Mr Boyd in the face and in the neck area.

"The witness described that after a little she's screaming, 'Stop,' and Mr Boyd is kind of foaming at the mouth or spitting and his body goes limp."

At some point, officer Bowman asked a medic to check Boyd's pulse. He reportedly did have an heartbeat prior to being transported.

An autopsy has not yet been released, however, Boyd's family attorney said there was "swelling on the brain and fluid on the brain because the doctors attempted to drain that.

"My understanding is his kidneys end up failing and at some point, his heart stops," she said.

Related: Also learn more about the Freddie Gray case:

66 PHOTOS

Freddie Gray, Baltimore Police, Riots

See Gallery

BALTIMORE, USA - APRIL 27: Police take security measures during a riot over the death of Freddie G
    Trump: African-Americans ‘in the worst shape they’ve ever been’
    Chaos in Charlotte after police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  2. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    He sounded rational.

Scarlett Ohara and Runaway like this.
  3. FeetToTaste

FeetToTaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This happened in Pittsburgh not too long ago. Not sure if there was ever a thread about it:

deadbeat, J Perez and skylarbrie like this.
  4. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    :jj:

No. 2 Pencil likes this.
  5. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I stopped reading at "Boyd reportedly scratched an officer's neck and accidentally kicked another officer, named Garland". "while trying to stand."

6. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  7. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    our police are a reflection of how far our country and society has fallen. overall we are a country of morons.

8. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Let me correct that title for you:

"Man who gave police reason to believe their life was at risk got himself killed"

As I've said before, I can think of a dozen different ways to get yourself killed by the police, and one way to guarantee you don't.

I can guarantee I will never get myself killed by police. It's very easy.

9. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I live in Baltimore County, WE DON'T CARE anything about this bullshit, There will be no protests here no riots here. We don't put up with bullshit and crime.

Made up stories on the internet that are nothing but half truths don't trigger people in the county. Go try this bullshit somewhere else.

[​IMG]

10. blckknight60

blckknight60 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    boot

licker

DaTenses likes this.
  11. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hey!!! I resemble that remark! :pissed:

doucheBag and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  12. baltimore mike

baltimore mike I wear panties 24/7 364

Reputations:
    that's how we do nigga

13. DaTenses

DaTenses Well-Known Member

Reputations:

14. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    so do i , buddy. so do i.

i am basically a high functioning retard like HPE

Dorb likes this.
  15. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:

thats where we are heading

16. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    Is it true that the woman screaming in the background of the 911 call was your wife?

17. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:

[​IMG]

18. baltimore mike

baltimore mike I wear panties 24/7 364

Reputations:
    she sound Asian?

19. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    Yas!

20. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All I'm saying is this: no way in the world I would want the be a cop these days. You would go into every situation second guessing everything you do.

Scarlett Ohara and No. 2 Pencil like this.