News Baltimore Post Freddie Gray Now the Wild West

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Miss America, May 28, 2015.

1. Miss America

Miss America Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Be careful what you wish for. Hate da police? OK. Now what do you have? Record murder rate and lawlessness. :yay: Maybe Baltimore needs a Paul Kersey:
    [​IMG]

The linked article is a great read. Parts of it quoted below:
    http://news.yahoo.com/baltimore-residents-fearful-amid-homicide-spike-083758282.html

BALTIMORE (AP) — A 31-year-old woman and a young boy were shot in the head Thursday, becoming Baltimore's 37th and 38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years.

Thursday's deaths continue a grisly and dramatic uptick in murders across Baltimore that has so far claimed the lives of 38 people. Meanwhile, arrests have plunged: Police are booking fewer than half the number of people they pulled off the streets last year.

"I'm afraid to go outside," said Antoinette Perrine, whose brother was shot down three weeks ago on a basketball court near her home in the Harlem Park neighborhood of West Baltimore. Ever since, she has barricaded her door and added metal slabs inside her windows to deflect gunfire.

"Before it was over-policing. Now there's no police," said Donnail "Dreads" Lee, 34, who lives in the Gilmor Homes, the public housing complex where Gray, 25, was chased down. "People feel as though they can do things and get away with it. I see people walking with guns almost every single day, because they know the police aren't pulling them up like they used to."

"It's so bad, people are afraid to let their kids outside," Perrine said. "People wake up with shots through their windows. Police used to sit on every corner, on the top of the block. These days? They're nowhere."

"Our officers tell me that when officers pull up, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them at any time," Batts said.

Batts provided more details at a City Council meeting Wednesday night, saying officers now fear getting arrested for making mistakes.

View gallery
    [​IMG]

"What is happening, there is a lot of levels of confusion in the police organization. There are people who have pain, there are people who are hurt, there are people who are frustrated, there are people who are angry," Batts said. "There are people, and they've said this to me, 'If I get out of my car and make a stop for a reasonable suspicion that leads to probable cause but I make a mistake on it, will I be arrested?' They pull up to a scene and another officer has done something that they don't know, it may be illegal, will they be arrested for it? Those are things they are asking."

With one weekend still to go, May 2015 is already the deadliest month in 15 years, surpassing the November 1999 total of 36.

Ten of May's homicides happened in the Western District, which has had as many homicides in the first five months of this year as it did all of last year.

Non-fatal shootings are spiking as well — 91 so far in May, 58 of them in the Western District.

"There was a shooting down the street, and the man was standing in the middle of the street with a gun, just shooting," Lee added. "Usually, you can't walk up and down the street drinking or smoking weed. Now, people are everywhere smoking weed, and police just ride by, look at you, and keep going. There used to be police on every corner. I don't think they'll be back this summer."

2. Apple the cat

Apple the cat Moral conscience of the Shed

Reputations:
    Moral of the story: Be very very very careful what you ask for...

3. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    the cops have a slight case of the blue flu. as they should.

you want it? you got it baltimore. enjoy the ride.

4. KDK12

KDK12 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good thin the heard. Fuck Baltimore, I'm glad they are suffering. Worthless nigress mayor and worthless nigress D.A.

5. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Moral of the story: It's the police's fault

6. KDK12

KDK12 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
  8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I hope this continues and baltimore turns into Camden.

It's about time someone boycotted insanity and coddling. Let the assholes kill each other. One police life is worth a thousand gangsters lives.

9. N Copter

N Copter Shot Dead Banned User

Reputations:
    Those who hate cops and want cops dead can now take joy in the paradise that is Baltimore.

Still waiting for he 5 threads on the front page about how much cops suck.

10. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Freddie gray was a pillar of the community. This record violence is not from cops doing less but from losing such a strong positive influence in the community. The people are suffering without Dr. Freddie to provide them with adequate narcotics to ease their chronic pain which stems from generations of abuse from whitey.

11. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    I drive to Baltimore to buy my weed. I go about every two months. My last trip was Tuesday night.
    I won't lie. I was scared.

12. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm glad you're all rejoicing because a city is burning to the ground thanks to the atrocious behavior of a minority of people. I'm sure all the law abiding business owners, families, and people going about their day as productive members of society appreciate how they're being chucked to the weeds.

13. N Copter

Reputations:
    This is what the local population, and some fools on this board, wanted. No cops anywhere in sight.

Eat that shit now.

14. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Honestly, the Police now have the right to demand unconditional support (knowing full well their are abuses happening) or they will back off on their job? Reagan fired the air traffic controllers for holding the nation hostage and while you can't fire a cop for "not acting" you can fire them for poor performance. If the arrests stay low start firing the leaders for incompetence in their job. If crime rates rise beyond single digits people start losing their job. That's how it works for me in the private world. It does not even matter what the reason is, if I don't perform I'm gone. It's outrageous that the police would act like a mercenary organization that values itself over their civic duty.

If you fire too many cops then mobilize the national guard until the new classes can be graduated. That won't be required however since once you start holding them accountable the whole problem will stop. 85% of cops are decent people but they have a long history of not policing the 15% of them that are bad guys and those dudes cause all the problems. Break the 10-15% who drive all the negative behavior and the whole atmosphere will shift. It's all bad leadership. Strong leaders in the police would not tolerate officers holding back in their service. The fact that it's not only tolerated but de facto supported tells you all you need to know about the quality of the leaders and the qualifications required to get their jobs.

15. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    They don't have weed in Philly? :wtf:

Dump Button and Gusbuss like this.
  16. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    they wanted the poelice to mello out. the poelice have mellowed out.

cops have legitimate concerns. when your bosses don't back you, you are fucked. will they be arrested the next time some piece of garbage gets hurt during an arrest? will a mob beat them to death at a traffic stop? they have a right to know that they will not be thrown to the wolves.

fuck all you assholes who don't get that.

17. N Copter

Reputations:

That is a well thought out and lucid response. You should put our money where your mouth is and move to Baltimore. You will have no worry about the cops overstepping any lines there. You'll never see them.

skunk anansie and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  18. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Almost 700,000 people live in Baltimore. Most of them are horrified and embarrassed at not only how their citizens are acting, but at the petulant behavior of it's City Officials and Police. Risking the lives of 700,000 people because you feel sad that your boss is a prick and the actions of 1% of the population just proves the disconnect of the Police and the people they're sworn to protect.

Fuck all you assholes who don't get that.

blindbella, mattzane227 and God like this.
  19. N Copter

Reputations:

Listen, what do you do for a living?

20. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does this apply to leaders of the city, above the police department, as well? Because captains, lieutenants, sergeants ect are also paranoid about liability now. "Leadership starts at the top". The leaders of the city are throwing cops under the bus. Maybe start with them?

The points about making national guard police and firing cops until new classes graduated are just....I dont even know. Where are these new cops coming from? Do they have clean backgrounds? Who is even applying to become a cop now? I can tell you my department has had two times as many retirements/leave for private sector jobs as new recruits hired. A national guard is not trained to do police work. I don't even know why I have to argue those points

Freedom Fries and CrucifiedAGT like this.