Batman vs Superman Trailer Leak

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Zach, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Zach

Zach Say10 Says Smile

Reputations:
    LaserT, Sickboy, WillyBest and 3 others like this.
  2. xgohabsx

xgohabsx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    looks pretty f-ing cool

piledriver123 likes this.
  3. Harambe Burrito

Harambe Burrito Intelligent, average dick size and sensational Gold

Reputations:
    Marvel vill destloy them.
    Bit I admit zey are tlying.

Sickboy, ARM, Shortwave98 and 2 others like this.
  4. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The problem with trailers for Zack Snyder movies are they alway are exponentially better than the movie. Yeah, I know you can say that with most movies, but even more so with his movies. Snyder is very good at the visual aspect of film making. His movies are always beautiful. His problem is with everything else.

I was fooled by Man of Steel. The trailers for that movie promised one of the best superhero movies of all time and they delivered a mediocre movie. Same with Watchmen. And Sucker Punch wasn't even good enough to be mediocre.

5. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not sure why "Watchmen" isn't better received by the public. Granted, the theatrical cut left out a few sciences crucial to the plot. The Directors cut added almost a half hour to the film. He did change some elements of the climax but I thought the changes worked better. I love the book and I thought he did a great job with the Director's cut. I'm not sure what people want, he basically shot the fucking book. I think it's just in vogue for fanboys to say "Zach Snyder sucks...".

6. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I didn't hate The Watchmen. I just didn't think it was great. I felt he got the visuals of the book down perfectly, but I felt even in the Director's Cut that he missed much of the heart and soul of the book. Yes, it looked like the book, but it didn't feel like the book.

I will give you that it isn't all Snyder's fault. He had an undaunting challenge because the book is 12 chapters long with each chapter almost its own story. Kinda hard to put all that into one movie. There was no way he was going to capture everything from the book.

Ironically, I think his biggest problem is that he was too faithful to the book. Much of the dialog and scenes were word for word and note for note with the book. The problem is that it worked on the page, but doesn't work 20 years later on screen. Many of the worst parts of the movie were directly from the book because they just didn't work when transfered on the screen.

ARM and playitagainfred like this.
  7. BethsBraneCell

BethsBraneCell Sandy Cunt Banned User

Reputations:
  8. BatmiteReturns

BatmiteReturns Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm trying my fucking damnedest to wait. I want to watch the the thing in at least SD quality with good sound. Fuck that cam bullshit.

BUT IT'S SO FUCKING HARD!

Morrisb and Gretsch Man like this.
  9. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    agreed, it was too slavish to the book to work as a movie. for example, losing the space squid ending WORKED for the movie because it would have just looked dumb on screen. the decision to shortchange all of chapter 6 and Rorschachs affect on Dr Long cut the heart out of the movie. too bad netflix wasnt around then because a watchmen treatment like daredevil is now getting would have been perfect

10. playitagainfred

Reputations:
    i am weak. i watched it.

11. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm going on record and predicting this movie is going to crush any past or upcoming individual Marvel film. These two are the top of the superhero food chain.

That being said, Superman is looking way too dark. It looks like a lot of Frank Miller influence here, so that might be a good thing. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one.

12. playitagainfred

Reputations:
    Man of Steel was pretty good until Snyder turned it into Transformers 4. Its probably a mistake to dismiss this one out of hand - but if it DOES crater, Snyder has got to be finished. how can anyone with a pulse and a brain screw up Batman AND Superman in the same movie? It would be like taking chocolate and peanut butter, putting them together and having it come out tasting like dog shit

Head Censor and hidden dragon like this.
  13. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    I'm prepared to be disappointed, but I really liked this.

To be honest, the last Superman movie (Man of Steel) teaser gave me a woodie too and that movie wasn't anything approaching awesome and was a little on the south side of disappointing for me.

Samurai and jon1972us like this.
  14. Rob0729

Reputations:
    It will pretty much have to beat any Marvel movie or it will be considered a bust. It certainly will have to beat any non-Avengers Marvel movie to not be a bust.

The thing about Marvel movies is that they have staying power. They are good enough that people will see it 3-4 times in the theaters. If this movie sucks, it won't get that repeat viewership.

Honkey Donkey and Gretsch Man like this.
  15. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who wants to see two good guys fighting?

Zyro likes this.
  16. Shadoe Stevens

Shadoe Stevens Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm waiting for the Justice League vs Beer League trailer...

17. playitagainfred

Reputations:
    most likely the end of act 2 - a lex luthor engineered event. act 1, the world is trying to figure out superman - friend or foe? lex luthor and bruce wayne both see him as a potential threat (batman plans for all contingencies - JLA- Tower of Babel storyline) based off the massive destruction and death in Metropolis plus the very public execution of zod by kal-el. luthor manipulates an event (maybe the mutant gang invading a damaged and vulnerable metropolis if we are going to go all frank miller) to frame superman and batman steps up to take out the "criminal". they fight, then act 3 begins as they realize and figure out the manipulation and combine to go after luthor who likely has a giant scheme in play to grab power (POTUS story line perhaps)?

Bri7 likes this.
  18. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    That doesn't sound lame as hell when you read that comment back to yourself?

Comic nerds tend to want a direct translation from book to film. But movies or TV based on outside source material are supposed to adapt the source.

19. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Batsuit looks lame, Batvoice is on-point.

20. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    I loved The Watchmen! Never read the books untill after I saw the movie the first time.

Drungle and Wigward like this.