Battery No.3

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by TYSON, Aug 27, 2010.

1. TYSON

TYSON New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Just came back from the local Apple repair shop with my third replaced battery for my macbook pro in the last 2 1/2 years. :mad: I love macs but this is bullshit.

2. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Seems like all notebooks have a short battery life.

3. TYSON

TYSON New Member VIP

Reputations:
    true but I hardly used my battery since I have it plugged in all the time. Only used maybe 100 cycles total on a battery which is nothing but the tech guy told me that it was defective (just like the other 2) oh well, as long as i'm covered I don't really give a shit hehe.

4. Tarpon1965

Tarpon1965 Resident Dawg Whisperer

Reputations:
    I'm working with one that has 50% of the capacity it started with. I try to cycle them correctly, but a year is about the best I seem to do. Fortunately, there are cheaper places than Apple to buy a battery for my macbook pro.

5. bill

bill Goofballa from Ding Dong U VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I wish somebody made a combo monster battery and heat shield for the mbp, say a quarter to half an inch thick. My son has the newest unibody and he says the battery life is awesome, but that doesn't help me with mine, it still works fine otherwise!

6. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mac batteries are notorious for butt-fucking out ... I burn thru 2 a year. It's the way they charge. I have a user with a macbook pro that plugs/unplugs/plugs etc with no problems.

I leave mine plugged in 90% of the time, and i have had 1 replaced so far in 2010... 2 the year before ....

7. Kracka-Mike

Kracka-Mike Temp Ban Gold

Reputations:
    Next time, shop on eBay. Why would you pay a fortune @ Apple shop when you can get the same thing 50% cheaper. And really, all notebooks are like that

8. Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I had a similar problem with my 2.5 year old 15" macBook Pro. I went through the original battery and 2 batteries under warranty, but when the second replacement died I went back to the Apple Store and told the "genius" that there was no way three batteries in a row would be defective. He ran test on my laptop and it turns out there was a flaw on the power supply control embedded on the main logic board. They know about this issue and, fortunately, he had one in stock. They replaced it for free since this problem surfaced when the mac was still under warranty. Get them to do the same thing for you at your nearest Apple Store - these older boards are becoming harder to find.