Entertainment Beatles albums finally on interwebs

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Robert Higgins, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Jan 15, 2012
    Beatles Albums to Go on Streaming Services Starting at Midnight

Happy holidays from the Beatles: As of 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 24, the band’s music will finally be available on streaming services worldwide.
    The group announced the news in a 35-second video featuring a medley of its biggest hits that kicks off to the sound of the 1963 single “She Loves You.” An accompanying news release simply said: “Happy Crimble, with love from us to you.”
    However, the surviving members of the group, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, along with Universal Music Group, which controls the band’s recorded music, made no statements other than the fact that the Beatles’ catalog — 13 original albums and four compilations — will now be playable on nine subscription streaming music services: Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon Prime Music, Tidal, Deezer, Microsoft Groove, Napster/Rhapsody and Slacker Radio.

2. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    I'm a huge fan of this band - as I know most do say. This, however, is so anticlimactic and a non-event to me. I've purchased this catalog 7 times over (80s cassettes, 1987 CD masters, 2009 stereo remasters, 2009 mono remasters, 2012 vinyl stereo set, 2014 vinyl mono set, and the 2014 US Capitol collection [along with the other Capitol boxes in the mid 2000s]) not to mention the video set that was just released AND all the movies. I'm a fan. They have me hook, line, and sinker. Essentially anything just short of Paul deucing in a box.

I don't get why this is such a big deal. I'm not unique in the amount of times I have purchased this music. People have it. If there was ever a band that should have been the first band and an industry model for streaming it's this one. They don't need the peanuts that even they will make from streaming plays. I'm sure there is a VERY lucrative contract in place to have this music available, but if you go by the deals the rest of the music world has and look at the plays, I'm sure they too make zilch-o from streaming plays.

Streaming is a bull shit situation for artists. Being one, I don't support this shit one bit. Spotify and the like can all kiss my big hairy ass.
    AbeVigoda and Robert Higgins like this.
  3. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Jan 18, 2012
    Great. Now I can finally not give a shit digitally.
    Irish Joe likes this.