Because Howard grew up Jewish and Black...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Blur, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Blur

Blur Alumnus

Reputations:
    Seriously? We can't have opinions anymore?? Even Dwight Howard???

DWIGHT HOWARD
    RIPPED BY JEWISH ORG.
    'He Should Be Publicly Condemned'

[​IMG]The oldest "Pro-Israel" organization in the United States is lashing out at NBA star Dwight Howard -- claiming his "#FreePalestine" tweet is hateful and ignorant.

Howard tweeted -- and then deleted -- the message on Saturday ... and then issued an apology for commenting on international politics in the first place.

But the Zionist Organization of America -- an international group with more than 30k members -- says Dwight's apology isn't enough.

"He should be publicly condemned as strong as Donald Sterling was," ZOA President Morton Klein tells TMZ Sports.

"Anyone who uses the phrase 'Free Palestine' is either ignorant of the situation or hates the Jewish state of Israel. It's a hateful position."

Klein adds, "Celebs have great influence. When he makes a ridiculously false statement like 'Free Palestine,' it's frightening."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/14/dwight-howard-ripped-by-jewish-org-free-palestine/#ixzz37TKP6nCC

2. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  3. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    DING DING DING DING!!!!

Dwight Howard is a dope and I hate defending him, but he was just responding to a twttier msg asking Dwight Howard to send support for Palestinians who were killed. So he did. Similar to countless twitter ppl who ask for retweets for cancer victims, school shootings, etc. I think that's how he viewed it. Yes, Dwight is dumb and should be more careful, but I doubt he has any idea what is going on with Israel and Palestine.

I love that being "outraged" by something has become a full-time job for so many in this country. There's no entire organizations formed primarily to find things to be outraged about.

Blur likes this.
  4. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    It seems like anyone who has a nuanced view of the Israeli/Palestinian situation or EVEN just doesn't support -- 100% -- everything Israel ever does is an Anti semite these days.

I don't pretend to be an expert in this area, but I have listened and read as much as I could over the years and at the end of all that, I really have a hard time taking sides. I'd be willing to about certain events at certain times, both ways, but overall, it seems like an intractable, ridiculous, age-old religious and political WAR - with emphasis on religious. Boy, I love being an atheist.

jennyb and Blur like this.
  5. itsawig

itsawig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That is an uphill battle. They want a jewish commisioner to punish a black basketball player? That will surely backfire

6. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
  7. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are plenty of Israeli's who don't support what their own government is doing, but these American Jews that are safe and comfortable sitting behind their computers love to whine like a bunch of cunts....we even have a few posting here.;)

8. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    By looking at the picture in the article, he can probably blow his way out of any situation.

9. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Sterling should have played the anti semetic card. Bad job by him.

10. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jewish and Blacks the 2 you cannot fuck with. Liberals come out and cry.... Racists or anti semitic. Waaahhh

11. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Morton Klein? are we even sure he's jewish?

btw, i don't have anything against the jews. in fact, some of my very best friends have jewish friends.