because of Artie, Joe Buck will never get a shot at his own show again

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shivvy, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    :rofl:

that makes me laugh. Joe Buck is such a douche. Artie goes on his show and destroys it in the first episode :jj:

2. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Couldn't care less...He's an uptight elitist asshole....And reminds me of that asshole Greg of the Omegas......

[​IMG]

3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Jx1Is5NPaKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx1Is5NPaKk[/video]

4. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    Bob Costas is neck and neck with him

5. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;CVqKAcXcVVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqKAcXcVVY[/video]

​1:38-

Dude seems to have a good sense of humor, even about the Artie thing. I had to laugh at Bucks Snoop Dog impression. Just never though Joe Buck would do a Snoop Dog. :snicker:

6. koclem

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;5dmqGg6Ccvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmqGg6Ccvw[/video]

7. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Costas' Redskins commentary at halftime is douchery at it's finest. But, Al Michaels might be the worst of all. That prick has gotten a ton of people fired over the years. Esiason, Fouts, Dierdorf, a ton of support staff - he got Dennis Miller fired because he made a joke about Al's hair plugs. Rumor has it that he even tried to get Madden fired, but Madden was a bigger star than Al so he had to deal with it. Of course it's never blamed on Al, it's always a "network decision".

8. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    I don't know, Costas gets props for being the original voice of the ABA's Spirits of St. Louis (and that's IT!)

Joe Buck is the douchiest of the douches...I remember watching the Green Bay/Vikings game a few years back when Randy Moss fake mooned the Green Bay fans...I thought it was kinda funny, and Buck went on and fucking on about what a disgrace Moss was to football, blah, blah, blah...

This thread is Howard related because Costas wears a wig too...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    What a freaking idiot...it's a rivalry game for Chrissakes! If Moss would've actually taken his pants down and mooned the crowd, I could see, plus, if a GB WR would've done that at the Metrodome after catching a pass from Favre, everyone would've talked about how funny it was... :facepalm:

10. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  11. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Micheals is another douch that when he comes on the volume goes down and listen to the radio feed.......Matt Millen on Westwood one doing Monday night games was the best......

12. koclem

Reputations:
    :jj: that pretty much sums this db up

13. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    I HATE that they don't simulcast and that there's a delay on the TV feed...it would be SOOOO much better to listen to Raider games with Greg Papa and Tom Flores than be subjected to Fouts doing play-by-play (Gannon's not too bad though).

They used to simulcast Suns games with Al McCoy, but then they booted him from TV (for some reason)...last season, they had some retard Albert brother doing color, and it was just haaarible!

14. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    The less that fuck is on air, the better. Kudos to Artie!

15. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You mean the same joe buck that's announcing the World Series? Yeah... Artie ruined that guy...

16. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    :lol:

17. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    i didnt say he ruined his career, faggotface. i said he wont have his own show again :pie:

18. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The foreward in the book was forced

19. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/sports/17sandomir.html

The New York Times
    June 17, 2009
    TV Sports

Buck’s Debut Defined by Foul-Mouthed Comic

By RICHARD SANDOMIR

The first edition of HBO’s “Joe Buck Live” Monday night received more publicity than it could have reasonably planned for, but for the wrong reason. Buck wanted recognition for his interview with Brett Favre about Favre’s plan to play if recent surgery restored his right arm’s former power. Instead, the show hit the top 10 of Google Trends because of the foul mouth of the comedian Artie Lange of Howard Stern’s Sirius radio show.

Lange appeared in the final segment of “Buck Live,” along with the actor Paul Rudd and Jason Sudeikis of “Saturday Night Live.” But it became an exercise in narcissism by Lange, who capitalized on HBO’s freedom of expression to blithely demonstrate his scatological, homophobic, shock comedy.

On a network that has Bill Maher hosting a weekly series, and an archive of George Carlin and Chris Rock appearances, Lange knew he could roam freely, even if he does not wield profanity with master-level sophistication. But he thinks quick and dirty and has no boundaries. He jabbered like he owned the show, knowing he was upping his nightclub fees and book sales.

On Tuesday, Lange told Stern and Chris Russo, in interviews on Sirius, that his pre-segment guidance from Ross Greenburg, the president of HBO Sports, was to “go nuts” if the segment turned dull (which it did). But Greenburg said he only told Lange that if the segment dragged, “we need your energy.”

Late in the day, in response to questions by e-mail, Lange backtracked on Greenburg’s instructions. “He said, in front of several people, ‘Look, if these two guys you are on with are boring, feel free to add any energy and excitement you want.’ ” He said Greenburg did not tell him that “anything goes.” And he stuck by his claim that Buck told him beforehand to “let me have it.”

The larger question is what was HBO’s motivation in booking Lange? To goose viewership? To add a caustic edge to a new series starring someone known for calling baseball on Fox and for some goofy commercials, but not for his skills as a talk-show host? Greenburg and Buck said they wanted the Artie Lange who is a funny guy and a sports fan, the very same Artie Lange who behaved himself in taped appearances with David Letterman.

But to unleash Lange live against a host without the skill set of a Letterman or a Conan O’Brien was too risky.

“It is HBO and they know who I am,” Lange said in the e-mail. “I’m not Kathie Lee Gifford.” Immodestly, he added, “I may even wake the audience up after a mind-numbingly dull interview with Brett Favre.” He understood the opportunity set before him. He was savvier than those who invited him; he knew he could market himself on an HBO platform.

“My only agenda was to be funny and make the show good, which is what I did,” he said in the e-mail.

20. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;a2ako92dHvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ako92dHvE[/video]