Politics Ben Carson Left a Sponge in a Patient's Brain

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ltd86, Oct 7, 2015.

1. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    2016 contender Ben Carson sued for malpractice at least 6 times, report alleges, including time former surgeon allegedly left sponge inside patient’s brain

[​IMG]

Surging presidential candidate Ben Carson was the target of at least six malpractice suits during his career as a neurosurgeon, according to a bombshell report published Wednesday, with one former patient alleging he left a sponge in her brain.

That patient, 69-year-old Floridian Darlene King, said in her suit that, during a 2008 surgery Carson performed on her for facial pain, the surgeon perforated her ear drums.

But when the pain didn't subside after the surgery, Carson said she could have a tumor and operated on her once again.

The second surgery, however, revealed that the item he had presumed was the tumor was "a sponge he had left in her brain," the suit, obtained by the National Enquirer, reportedly alleged.

Carson, who practiced pediatric neurosurgery for more than 30 years before retiring in 2013, faced another five suits that all accused him of botching various operations, the National Enquirer reported.

One patient, 27-year-old Karly Bailey, said Carson's brain surgery on her when she was 9 left her paralyzed on her right side.

"He's totally untrustworthy," Bailey told the Enquirer.

"My parents told him they weren't authorizing him to remove the whole tumor because of the risk," she said. "But he did what he g-------d pleased. He tried to remove all of the tumor, and injured my nerves and brain stem."

Carson, who has surged to a steady second place in several national and early-voting state polls, is widely celebrated for his career in medicine. At 33, he became the youngest division director in the history of Johns Hopkins Hospital when he was named director of pediatric neurosurgery. He also attracted international acclaim for being the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins.

But Carson, now 64, is dealing with increased scrutiny as he prepares to be a possible front-runner for his party's nomination.

In another suit unearthed by the Enquirer, a former patient named John P. Sparco claimed Carson and three other surgeons performed surgery to remove what they had diagnosed was a life-threatening tumor.

The procedure, however, revealed the tumor to be benign and left Sparco with "irreversible" pain, including deafness and slurred speech.

In yet another suit alleging a surgery gone awry, this one from 1999, a former Carson patient claimed the then-surgeon placed a shunt in her brain "upside down," resulting in severe post-operative pain.

The list of suits, compiled by the Enquirer, also includes an instance of another Florida woman accusing Carson of leaving her 15-year-old son "paralyzed from the waist down" and a 1994 situation when Carson allegedly admitted to failing to review a patient's body scans before surgery.

Some of the suits have been settled, while others remain pending, The Guardian reported earlier this year.

The Carson campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the suits.

A spokesperson for Carson also declined to respond to a request for comment to The Guardian for the publication’s May article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...actice-times-surgeon-report-article-1.2388847

Goods, 1Vegasgirl, GIRLY and 6 others like this.
  2. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    I told you he belonged in a padded cell. This guy is bat shit crazy.

Jet, popspot13, queerface and 15 others like this.
  3. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    spongeben squarepants

Jet, jrstinkfish, Dorb and 10 others like this.
  4. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    he thought the woman he operated on had a tumor because the imaging showed a mass in her head - it was a sponge the retard left behind :rofl:

5. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fucking lunatic!

Gusbuss and AmishGirl like this.
  6. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...he has 0.0 chance of becoming president even if this story was never reported.

7. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Spongebrain Dumbass.

8. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Seventh Day Adventist.

joe361 likes this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    He is a very dangerous person, i cannot believe his poll numbers. Are we so mentally ill as a society that we need to choose a mentally ill President now?

10. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    The patient was sponge-worthy.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    shrinkage, 1Vegasgirl, GIRLY and 6 others like this.
  11. maroon

Reputations:
    not to defend but that's typically the head nurses job to count & keep track of shit like that in the OR

12. dawg

Reputations:
    Just saw this meme in the ben carson thread down in politics. Oh the irony :giggle:

[​IMG]

Famous, stash, Butters Stoch and 3 others like this.
  13. dawg

Reputations:
    What was his total bill out of pocket to become a doctor? :coffee:

14. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    But..but...he's a brilliant brain surgeon! I heard so myself!

ltd86 likes this.
  15. ClintDagger

ClintDagger World's #2 Ranked Poster - Exec VP Larry, Inc VIP

Reputations:
    Sponge in the brain?

Ben Carson...
    [​IMG]

Slow, stash, Butters Stoch and 3 others like this.
  16. dawg

Reputations:
    He got a free ride to become a doctor. How many doctors would we have if everyone got a free ride? There would be no shortages on docs.

check1 likes this.
  17. maroon

Reputations:
    I know i'm going to regret offering my 2cents in this thread of rabid idiots but any brain surgeon that's been around the block a few times has all kinds of dissatisfied patients in his past. sometimes surgery just doesn't work on the very delicate brain, sometimes its a last ditch effort etc etc, there is no wiggle room... and sponges left behind happens more than we like to know or admit....just an fyi and for what its worth:rolleyes:,..... I really don't give a fuck.o_O

18. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    This. They left a sponge in my grandfather years ago and had to go back in. He got a settlement.

Also, we should remember that allegations of malpractice are not always true, or are matters of opinion. I mean, look at the lawyers who file these suits. You think they're above a little exaggeration?

Glad to see people still have a sense of fair play, however.

19. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  20. DeltaGold84

DeltaGold84 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I am shocked that this could happen. In the OR, they do very strict before and after counts of sponges, needles, gauze, pads, and any ither items that are in the immediate surgical field (operation area
    In the room). They do a final count before they close the wound to make sure everything matches up and if something is missing, they find it before anyone leaves the room and before they close the incision. Its extremely meticulous. For him to have left a sponge in the brain unaccounted for, is beyond comprehension. Especially considering you have an entire team of people in the room helping you make sure everything is accounted for. Fucking ponderous, man!