WTF Best Vacation Spot for a Single Guy

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by bossofbam, Jan 26, 2016.

1. bossofbam

bossofbam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    People of the Shed, I need your advice.

I'm pretty much the only one of my friends single and without kids. I haven't been on a real vacation in a long time, but god damn it, I'm taking one this year. My friends all want to be responsible assholes and go somewhere their young kids would enjoy. Yeah, I get it but it's annoying.

I wanna go someplace where I can sit by the ocean all day falling further and further into a drunken stupor. It would also help if there were single people there rather than obnoxious honeymooners. Since the internet is pretty worthless on this topic, I figured you guys could provide entertaining, if not helpful, suggestions.

Stern related because wiggy vacations at chimney manor.

2. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    South Carolina. Just make sure you run into my wife and get her drunk. You'll have a great time

3. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    Hedonism II Jamaica, sounds like just what you need. Just don't go during BBBW unless you're into that kinda thing.

4. BethOsItchyHem

BethOsItchyHem Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bangkok, just try not to get your kidney stolen in a drunken stupor.

5. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  6. bossofbam

Reputations:
    Eh, do I really need two?

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  7. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    you're a single guy

your entire life is a fucking vacation

Thailand tho

8. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Detroit on Devils Night.....

Bababoey31, fixer and bossofbam like this.
  9. Chrisboom

Chrisboom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Europe dude.....Venice in Italy is really really cool.

10. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    NOT Vegas - it's just depressing and they'll rip you off everywhere you turn.

How about a singles cruise to the Caribbean? I like the idea that you can identify a woman or two of interest - and they can't escape the boat.

11. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Costa Rica. Ocean, mountains, rainforests and pretty, inexpensive whores aplenty.

12. bossofbam

Reputations:
    I always worry about the quality there. I should just say fuck it - what happens at sea stays at sea.

13. bossofbam

Reputations:
    Fun fact - I helped get their last president elected. I was gonna use that down there...then I found out she was the least popular president in Latin America. Oooops.

14. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're a "single bachelor" on the prowl?

Bangkok

Perennially popular Bangkok boasts an established gay scene and, while hotels, restaurants, bars and clubs right across Thailand are welcoming of gay customers, much of Bangkok’s gay society is centered on fashionable Silom Road. The slew of visitor-friendly gay bars on Silom Soi 4 make the perfect spot for people watching, as crowds congregate for drinks on street-side terraces before the grand nighttime exodus to Bangkok’s largest and most famous gay club, DJ Station. A nightly drag performance introduces a playlist of pop remixes, as three floors of local and international revelers dance until dawn.

[​IMG]
    Songkran party madness in Bangkok’s Silom district

Designer Ashley Sutton – known for the Sukhumvit hangout Iron Fairies – is the brains behind Maggie Choo’s, Silom’s elaborately conceived vault of a bar-come-club modeled on a 1920s Shanghai speakeasy. Apparently named after a Shanghai cabaret owner, Maggie Choo’s hosts a gay night every Sunday, where the girls on swings are replaced by topless men in silk pants and turbans.

Just a stone’s throw from Silom’s gay epicenter, gay-owned Eat Me on Convent Road is now a long-stander on the Bangkok dining scene and yet manages to maintain an excellent reputation for its inventive menu of fusion dishes. After your meal, sip on an inventive cocktail – the Siam Daiquiri is loaded with lemongrass, ginger and kaffir lime – as you peruse the art that adorns the interior’s washed-out walls.

Elsewhere, while the curiously named WTF Bar & Gallery in Sukhumvit’s Thong Lor area attracts a distinctly mixed crowd, that includes a healthy dose of gay travelers pulled in by the mix of rotating art exhibitions on the upper floor and the blend of fusion food, craft beers and one-off imported spirits in the downstairs bar – where the atmosphere changes from cozy and intimate on midweek nights to an exciting vibe on Friday and Saturday evenings when the party spills out onto the sidewalk.

Bali
    Cosmopolitan Bali boasts a friendly gay scene that, together with stunning landscapes and its infamous beaches, make it a hit with gay travelers. The Hindu-animist beliefs of the Balinese give for more tolerance than you might expect elsewhere in Indonesia; all the same, locals tend to be discreet given traditional family expectations.

Bali’s action is focused around Seminyak, and particularly on Jalan Camplung Tanduk, where you’ll find Mixwell and Bali Joe, two popular long-standing gay bars with nightly shows. On the waterfront, neither Ku De Ta nor the Potato Head Beach Club are explicitly gay, but both attract a substantial gay clientele and are essential components to any visit to Bali. The two spots offer a stylish ambience in which to enjoy a meal and a cocktail by sunset while being soothed by chill-out music; at Potato Head you can also take a dip in the pool.

[​IMG]
    Bali’s party scene centres around Seminyak

For beach action, Batu Belig and Double Six beaches are known for attracting gay visitors; both are within easy reach of Seminyak and make for a casual spot offering a selection of food and drink, ocean views and friendly company. Another option is Cantina beach, signaled by a rainbow flag on a tree trunk at the Warung Cantina beside the W Hotel. Here again you’ll find a no-frills beach bar and restaurant, with beers and cocktails to nurse as the sun goes down.

Taipei
    With an open-minded, tolerant outlook and a growing reputation as the San Francisco of the east, Taipei is quickly emerging as one of Asia’s most gay-friendly and welcoming destinations. Taipei’s main gay zone is located in the Red House District, a large outdoor complex featuring shops, bars and restaurants.

In the City Hall area, Jump club hosts the weekly sell-out Follow Me and Woof parties with a mix of house and electro music; even more popular are the G5 party nights on public holidays, which attract visitors from across Asia and beyond and for which tickets are often sold out months in advance. Elsewhere, Empress is a trendy bar with a young crowd, while La Boca is just as fashionable and phases from offering afternoon tea and cakes to original cocktails after dark. Of course, a visit to Taipei wouldn’t be complete without a sing-along – Matt Bar is one of the city’s most stylish gay karaoke bars.

[​IMG]
    Taipei’s Gay Pride is one of the biggest such events in Asia

Taipei offers more in the way of culture than many of Asia’s gay-friendly destinations. Among other attractions, Democracy Memorial Hall details the island’s history, and the Lungshan temple is worthy of a visit to appreciate its stunning architecture. The annual Taipei Gay Pride, held in October, is among Asia’s largest.

DiamondGoddess, yaddc and Vagineer like this.
  15. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Big fan of Zihuatanejo. Been going every year.
    Quiet, friendly, inexpensive, not too touristy and very much a Mexican village as opposed to an all-inclusive nightmare.
    Where I stay. This year we did hotel+airfare for two for under $1800USD. The peso is crazy low right now, so your dollar buys mucho gusto!
    www.hotelirma.com.mx/english/

16. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

go to Argentina.... all the women look like this... fuck i miss that place

[​IMG]

17. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    Singles cruise? Get drunk on the beach all day and boat all night?

I met the man I married on a cruise ship. Wasn't a singles cruise, a group of local young professionals organized a vacation on a cruise. It worked out to be about 50/50 couples and singles (singles attended with friends). I was about 4 months out of a relationship and not looking to meet anyone, he was a workaholic that squeezed a short vacation into his schedule at the urging of friends and not looking to meet anyone either. It changed our lives. However, I'm guessing a few other singles in the group hooked up (if finding something casual is more your thing). Everyone came back with great tans.

18. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    My uncle has been going there for years with two buddies as a "guy's trip". The sonofabitch says he's "fishing and hiking". My poor aunt all this time has had a rare form of Parkinsons. Completely debilitating.
    I could kick him his lying zipper.

19. bossofbam

Reputations:
    What are the odds of the Cartel chopping my head off? If it's under 50%, I'm in!

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  20. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    From what I've heard, this is where you want to go if you are single, looking to party, and don't have any issues with spending a little green for a lot of pink.