Beth Namedrops Clooney, Admits she stays in Hamptons- Interview

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by CCMaguire, Apr 30, 2013.

1. CCMaguire

CCMaguire Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Not sure if we've read this one before.

http://voice.fanhattan.com/2013/04/20/exclusive-interview-beth-stern-on-spoiled-rotten-pets/

[h=1]Exclusive Interview: Beth Stern on Spoiled Rotten Pets[/h] By Fred Topel | Apr 20, 2013 09:04 AM

Sometimes even a veteran journalist like me doesn’t always know what to say to people. I was at a party with Howard Stern’s wife, Beth Stern, but what were we going to talk about, Baba Booey? Luckily it was a National Geographic Channel party, and she was the host of their new series Spoiled Rotten Pets. Now those are two things I can talk about: TV and pets!
    I have two cats and I volunteer at a shelter on weekends, but it looks like I’ve got nothing on the stars of Spoiled Rotten Pets. Nat Geo Channel sent Stern to profile people who really pamper their pets, and not just cats and dogs, but exotic animals too. Add Spoiled Rotten Pets to your Fanhattan Watchlist and check out Beth Stern’s spoiled pet stories.

Fanhattan: What do you watch on television?
    Beth Stern: A lot of reality shows. My husband and I like watching The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, America’s Got Talent and I’m just starting to watch the programs on Nat Geo. I love Cesar’s shows. They’re always good, and Locked Up Abroad. I’m obsessed with Locked Up Abroad on Nat Geo. I went to Mexico last week and I’m so paranoid. I had nothing on me but I thought I was going to get pulled over and locked up abroad. I’m having nightmares from that show.
    Fanhattan: Have you met Cesar Milan?
    Beth Stern: Yes. He works very closely with the North Shore Animal League America and I’m the spokesperson for the North Shore Animal League which is the largest no kill rescue and adoption facility in the world. He’s doing a lot with the Mutt-i-grees movement. He’s become the spokesperson of that so I’m working with him and I see him all the time. He’s my buddy.
    Fanhattan: Tell us about Spoiled Rotten Pets.
    Beth Stern: We visit a lot of dogs but we also visit people that have pot bellied pigs that are very spoiled. There’s a man who spoils his reptiles. There are a couple of ferrets I met that are very spoiled so it’s not limited to dogs and cats. A lot of people think that they spoil pets so I think when they watch this show they’re going to think, “I’m not so bad†because these people are really spoiling to the extreme.

Fanhattan: So what is the criteria? How bad does it have to be to land on your show?
    Beth Stern: Do you have pets?
    Fanhattan: I have two cats.
    Beth Stern: And do you spoil them?
    Fanhattan: Yes. I think the worst thing I do is let them eat real food, like if I’m making chicken or fish they beg me for it, so I feed them little pieces.
    Beth Stern: That’s nothing. Tune in. So I think that I spoil my pets. I think spoiling your pets or putting your pet’s comfort before yours, I think we’ve all done. This is a degree that even you, who spoils your pets, will be amazed and you will have to tune in to see.
    Fanhattan: Can you share some with us?
    Beth Stern: For instance, the first episode, there are people with pot-bellied pigs. They literally haven’t gone on vacation since the pigs entered their world. They treat the pigs like their children. Their entire day revolves around these pigs. It’s fascinating.
    Fanhattan: We hear about celebrities like George Clooney with a pet pig.
    Beth Stern: He did, Max passed away.
    Fanhattan: But he wouldn’t have been on Spoiled Rotten Pets for that, would he?
    Beth Stern: Actually, I was speaking to George recently and we were talking about Max. Max was definitely spoiled. I would have put Max on my show.

Fanhattan: What pets do you own?
    Beth Stern: Right now we have four rescued cats from North Shore Animal League. Unfortunately our bull dog passed away this summer, so it was a rough summer for us. We’ll be getting another dog in the spring.
    Fanhattan: With all the work you and your husband do, how can you make enough time for your pets?
    Beth Stern: Oh my God, that’s never an issue. I’m one of those people who puts my pet first. First of all, my pets are very well taken care of, and because of my job, I’m able to be home every night. Most of the shows we tape in the tristate area so I’m with my pets every single night. When my husband has to go away for work, one of us is at home with the pets so maybe I have a babysitter a couple nights a month. So I’m covered.
    Fanhattan: Are they indoor cats?
    Beth Stern: They’re indoor cats, yes.
    Fanhattan: In New York City, is there any other choice?
    Beth Stern: In New York City, no, but I live mostly in the Hamptons. That’s my primary residence so if I have to go to the city, I come home right after.
    Fanhattan: I think any housecat should be indoor anyway.
    Beth Stern: Statistically, they live longer. Growing up we had indoor/outdoor cats and one of the cats got hit by a car. The other one got hit by a car but ended up living longer, but two for two, two got hit.
    Fanhattan: Only bad stuff happens outside. I don’t see the advantage.
    Beth Stern: No, and then my first cat that Howard and I adopted, she was declawed by her previous owners. That is something I am completely am adamantly against, so she came to us declawed and I never was going to let her be an outdoor cat, but I am so extra careful now. God forbid she ever did get outside, she has no defense mechanism so I worry about that aspect as well.

Fanhattan: Just being a pet lover is one thing, but what do you have to know to be the host of a show like Spoiled Rotten Pets?
    Beth Stern: I don’t think that there was a lot of skill required other than my passion for animals comes through and I was genuinely fascinated and it ended up opening my eyes to other pets that I never had interacted with. I think it’s just my love. My love for animals came through. I don’t think I needed any special skills other than having love and passion.

2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "I had nothing on me"

Interesting choice of words...

3. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Lie = She just calls Clooney whenever she wants and shoots the shit with him.

Truth = When she says she lives mostly in the Hampton's.

4. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When she says she is working it means clooney

5. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Her embarrassing show is the gift that keeps on giving:

[​IMG]

6. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    "When my husband has to go away for work, one of us is at home with the pets" Her quote doesn't make sense.

7. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She meant her or Nacho.

8. Mark Harris

Mark Harris Member

Reputations:
    What does she hire a baby sitter for then? She is all over the place when she talks.

9. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    With all the work you and your husband do, how can you make enough time for your pets?

[video=youtube;IH8K0bPc-BE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8K0bPc-BE[/video]

10. bznick

bznick Hustling, Flowing, and Hating! Gold

Reputations:
    If she's mostly in the Hamptons (cunt) how does she & Howard go to bed together every night at 8 .... or watch TV together.... or spend all that time together? Skype?

11. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So basically all this bullshit about how they go to bed together every night by 8PM has been a lie the whole time. They don't even live in the same place anymore...things area definitely on the rocks with these two.

12. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Apple FaceTime . . . :dontknow:

13. AngryWhite

AngryWhite New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    i'm sure clooney appreciates her name dropping. he really needed some wonkey-eyed pittsburgh prostitute's endorsement.

14. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    Five words into the interview she squeezes in "My husband". :facepalm:

15. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Intelligence is a requirement of being a good liar, neither Howard nor his whore wife have it.

16. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    With all the work you and your husband do, how can you make enough time for your pets?

[​IMG]

17. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This explains why Howard says "my apartment", "my bathroom", "my bedroom", etc. for his place in the city.

18. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't you hear? They spend 99% of their time together...

19. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  20. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No wonder Beth didn't mind staying at the party without Howard, they don't even live together. They probably had separate hotel rooms on this trip too, just like over the holidays. Their marriage is a total sham.