Beth's IMDB Trivia

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by artful dodger, Mar 5, 2014.

1. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [h=4]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0652514/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_trv_sm#trivia

Trivia (13)[/h] Spokesperson for the North Shore Animal League, a no-kill adoption shelter.
    After the 9/11 disaster she helped out as a Ground Zero volunteer.

Named #34 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)

Named #25 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).

Became engaged to Howard Stern on Valentine's Day 2007. He proposed with a 5.2-carat diamond ring.

She was August on FHM magazine's 2005 pin-up calendar (2005).

Had an English bulldog named Bianca. Bianca died in July 2012 at the age of 10.

Step-mother of Emily Stern.

Daughter-in-law of Ben Stern and Ray Stern.

Sister-in-law of Ellen Stern.

Release of her book, "Oh My Dog". [May 2010]

Beth Ostrosky Stern was considered as a host for The View when Elizabeth Hasselbeck left.

Beth Ostrosky Stern, North Shore Animal Leagues spokesperson, is one of the United States top experts on animal care and shelters.

Beth Ostrosky Stern, a former European top model, was voted by Entertainment Tonight as one of New York City's most powerful women.

2. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like a lot of that was written by her or on her behalf. No mention of her modeling career prior to the mid 2000s.

3. keef

keef Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If I ever saw her I would stab her in the face.

4. keef

keef Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm committed to the cause.

5. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth Ostrosky Stern, a former European top model, was voted by Entertainment Tonight as one of New York City's most powerful women.

?

6. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Can Beth get a job as a seat filler at The Tony's like Kramer did? That can be another thing she adds on her IMDB.

7. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. jersery

jersery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Beth Ostrosky Stern was considered as a host for The View when Elizabeth Hasselbeck left. I was considered for lots of shit in life, can I put that on my resume?

9. keef

keef Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You could post a "hater" tag in your sig here and be legendary..here

10. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Pittsburgh Post - Gazette.
    Pittsburgh, Pa.: Apr 14, 1996. pg. J.2
    Section: LIFESTYLE

TWO LOCAL WOMEN LEAD A MODEL LIFE

I was privileged to work with some great models during the years I was covering fashion in Pittsburgh.

Some I knew well. Some only by face and name. Sometimes our connection would be through their mothers seeking information about the proper way to go if young daughters wanted to follow that career.

As you well know, the modeling profession can strike fear in a mother's heart. It is not unfounded. If you read Michael Gross' book "Models," which deals with the ugly side of being beautiful, you would probably try to lead your child anywhere but in front of a camera.

When Gimbels, Horne's and Kaufmann's were up and running, models were kept fairly busy here.

It's always fun to hear about familiar names once they have moved on, particularly when they have kept their heads straight.

Two young women who started careers as models here - Beth Ostrosky and Cara Bernosky - are making names for themselves in worldwide publications and films.

* AROUND THE WORLD: Beth is finding success in Europe after spending two years in New York City with the Wilhelmina agency.

If you happen to catch the recent movie release "Flirting With Disaster," starring Ben Stiller, Beth has the role of Jane. It's her first film.

"It's a crucial scene in the movie, and I am so excited about it," said Beth, who called from Frankfurt, Germany, her current residence. "I never dreamed of doing movies, but after that part I have decided to pursue acting."

While she was at Fox Chapel High School, she modeled through Donna Belajac's agency. Then a former Pittsburgh model, Karen Lee, who scouts for Elite in New York, whisked her off to Manhattan.

She has spent several months in Greece, Paris, Spain, Austria and South Africa on modeling assignments.

"I miss Pittsburgh," she says, sounding homesick, "but my mom and I talk almost every day, and I plan to come back in June to spend some time with my family. Then I will begin to look for an acting coach."

Beth is 23 but says, "I look like 19. Yes, I have to watch what I eat now more than I used to." She is 5-foot-10 and weighs 122 pounds.

She attended Pitt, but is 27 credits shy of her degree. She plans to pick up those credits somewhere along the way.

Meanwhile, she describes the $1,400 she can make in a day as "an insane amount of money." She is saving it, she says, because she is getting anxious to settle down."

11. datchguy

Reputations:
    Pennsylvania native Beth Ostrosky was born in 1972 to an accomplished model who ushered her into fashion shows when she was very young. Ostrosky moved to New York City at 19 and was soon sent to Europe, where she spent four years doing European catalogues and magazines in Germany, Paris, Milan, South Africa and Spain. Upon returning to New York, Ostrosky continued her work in catalogues and national commercials. Although she has appeared in a handful of films, she doesn't consider herself an actress.

12. datchguy

Reputations:
  13. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

14. datchguy

Reputations:
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    That's like 9 classes. A semester and a half. And she bailed on it. :facepalm: