Beware Of Skinny Jeans, They Can Cause Nerve Damage, Ulcers, Low Sperm Count And Twisted Testicles..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Jun 24, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Bleeding muscles,:eek: nerve damage,:eek: heartburn,:eek: ulcers, :eek:varicose veins:eek:. The scary proof that skinny jeans should come with a health warning
    • Super-tight skinny jeans are the height of fashion statements
    • Gwyneth Paltrow, Victoria Beckham and Kate Middleton are all big fans
    • But doctors have issued warnings about shocking injuries they can cause
    • As designs get tighter, wearers are putting themselves at ever greater risk

The term ‘fashion victim’ has never seemed so apt.

News of a 35-year-old woman having to be cut out of a pair of skinny jeans after her legs swelled and she lost feeling in her ankles left many of us lunging for our loosest-fitting, baggiest clothes.

The woman had spent hours wearing the ultra-tight trousers while crouching to clear out cupboards and found that, by evening, her feet were numb and she was unable to stand. She collapsed and was taken to hospital, where she was put on an intravenous drip.

But it was too late: her muscles had become so weak that she couldn’t walk for four days.:eek:

Being injured by your skinny jeans may seem laughable, but doctors — writing about the case this week in the Journal Of Neurology, Neurosurgery And Psychiatry — have issued a grave warning about the shocking effects these super-slim trousers can have on your health.

[​IMG]

Beloved of celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Victoria Beckham, and even the Duchess of Cambridge, skinny jeans are so-called because they cling to every inch of the leg, tapering to show off the wearer’s trim, shapely limbs. They’re almost impossible to get on, even harder to peel off — and leave wearers with a gait remarkably similar to John Wayne.

Yet recent fashions have called for even tighter designs, made from unforgiving, figure-hugging fabric, meaning fans of the skinny effect are squeezing more perilously snugly than ever into skintight trousers.

To some, it’s a ludicrous look endured by those who’ll sacrifice anything in the name of fashion — akin to the discomfort of wearing a corset or G-string — but experts caution that the pain caused by skinny jeans should not be ignored.:)

Leading chiropractor Tim Hutchful, from the British Chiropractic Association, says the side-effects of skinny jeans can be felt from the back to the ankles.

‘Very tight trousers can reduce blood flow in the lower limbs,’ he says. ‘This can make your body ache, a bit like having a stitch while doing exercise, because your muscles need more oxygen than your body is able to give them.

‘Sitting or squatting compresses your body even more, intensifying the effect. People need to be aware of the potential risks.’

Muscles can be damaged internally, too. If worn for a long time — between 12 and 16 hours — the jeans may cause a condition called ‘compartment syndrome’ in the legs.

This occurs when an enclosed bundle of muscles starts to bleed or swell, building up pressure under the skin and causing the area to throb.

Even when the muscles are released — by removing or cutting off the jeans — the discomfort can remain for days on end, limiting movement and dulling feeling in the legs.

Alison Roberts, 41, an office manager from Slough, Berkshire, and self-confessed skinny jean obsessive, knows this agony only too well.

‘I wore a pair of black skinny jeans on a nine-hour flight to Kenya,’ she says. ‘They were brand new, so they were skintight, and I did notice some numbness around my ankles before we boarded.’

During the flight, the loss of feeling started to spread up her legs. ‘I panicked and undid the buttons and zip of my jeans, but that didn’t make any difference. My calves felt as if they were pulsating; my legs got really warm and itchy.

‘Finally, at the airport, I limped to the loo:eek: and tried to peel the jeans down. My legs had ballooned on the flight and they were stuck.

‘I eventually had to use nail scissors to cut them off.’:eek::eek:

Worryingly, that wasn’t the end of her anguish. ‘As my legs began to regain feeling, things got even worse,’ she says. ‘The pain was excruciating. I’ve never felt anything like it.

‘I couldn’t walk properly for the next few days and was so concerned that I went to see a doctor, who told me I’d damaged my muscles. I’ve never worn skinny jeans again.’

It sounds nightmarish, but worse still is a nerve condition called meralgia paresthetica — known as ‘tingly thigh syndrome’ — which has been reported among wearers.

A 2012 study of 2,000 British men found that one in ten have experienced an unpleasant health effect from wearing skinny jeans, ranging from groin discomfort:eek: to incontinence.:eek::eek: ‘Wearing tight-fitting clothing over a prolonged time can lead to urinary tract infections, leading to over-activity of the bladder as well as a low sperm count and fungal infections,:eek::eek:’ says GP Dr Hilary Jones. ‘I have seen several cases of men who have twisted their testicles :eek:due to wearing jeans that are far too tight.’

In 1995, another study found a correlation between tight jeans and men with abnormal sperm, suggesting a link with infertility.

[​IMG]

:eek:
    [​IMG]

:eek::eek:

Dlist, ARM and smichal like this.
  2. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Hint to dudes especially, DO NOT WEAR SKINNY JEANS!! They don't look good…;)Must feel even worse..Ouch

ARM, Quedee, smichal and 1 other person like this.
  3. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    Nerve damage? Ulcers? Low sperm count? Twisted testicles?

Sounds like another Saturday night to me...

Party on, Garth!!!

4. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I posted it yesterday :bigcry:

ARM, IfTheyOnlyKnew and Mulletude like this.
  5. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    He begs to differ..........
    [​IMG]

6. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    You forgot to mention "eye pollution"

[​IMG]

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  7. John Walker

John Walker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think anyone needs to be warned. Let those hipster queens get their balls all twisted in a knot. They'll look real trendy with their bloated, purple junk now won't they?

ARM likes this.
  8. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    compression :grad:

9. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's why I always wear skinny jeans with a cutout for my balls.

Captain likes this.
  10. jcounce1

jcounce1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Low sperm count equals less idiots.

11. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Any guy who wears skinny jeans deserves all of those things. And worse.

12. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    BUFFALO DAVID BITTON Stretch-Cotton Jeans
    Banded waist with belt loops
    • Button and zip-fly closure
    • Five pocket design
    • Cotton/spandex
    • Machine wash
    • Imported[​IMG]
    These Cotton/spandex jeans are the shits, you can't tell they are pajama jeans

13. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    she's the lady in the article that had to cut her jeans off in the airplane bathroom while flying to Kenya because she couldn't feel her legs

14. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    She has a very nice figure :up:

If those jeans had a little spandex in them, that probably wouldn't have happened :dontknow:

Dlist likes this.
  15. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    They can also cause blindness. Case in point - I saw the below photo of skinny jeans and pokes my eyes out. [​IMG]

16. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    skinny jeans <> jeans just too small for the fat chick squeezing into them