Shop Now At Amazon

Bianca is NOT Unusually Old for an English Bulldog

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Feb 4, 2012.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've met 3 people in the last couple of years who had English Bulldogs who were 10-11 years old and all were healthy and had very few health problems in the past. I spoke to a woman at a pet store yesterday who had several Bulldogs and all lived at least 10 years. She said the ones who die younger usually have congenital heart problems or live in hot climates that make it difficult for them to breathe. I did some checking online and most sites say the AVERAGE lifespan for an English Bulldog is 8-11 years, 12 years is not uncommon, and some have lived much longer (one for 18 years). Seems like Howard is once again trying to give Saint Beth credit she doesn't deserve.

2. Dlist

Dlist Avatar by Pontius Pilot. VIP

Reputations:
    They prob bought from a questionable breeder. I see it all the time. Golden retrievers always getting cancer from certain breeders, hip issues from certain Labrador breeders..wait... I volunteer at the animal shelters all the time...Howard, where is my frickin calendar???

3. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    I'm sure that Bianca would have at least a few more healthy years ahead of her if Howard and Beth could have been less self-absorbed to see that Bianca is overweight in a bad way.

That excess weight is probably the biggest reason as do why Bianca can barely move around at this point in her life.

I have a purebred Chihuahua(she was abandoned, not bought and trained by a breeder...we trained her) and she has joint problems because of her age(11) and her breed. My priority to her is to prolong her life and give her the highest quality of life possible. This includes keeping her at a healthy weight.

Even though I think its adorable when she eats what we eat and gets excited over food, I have to stick to my guns and make sure that she stays at a healthy weight so she lives long and doesn't suffer.

Maybe I should write a book about this...oh wait, that's right, I don't think I'm qualified nor am I delusional and I certainly don't have a rich spouse flushing cash in my non-existent show business career. I'll leave it up to the woman with the fat, suffering dog that she didn't train herself to do those types of things. :rolleyes:

P.S. Sounds like those laser treatments are working like Robin's ear beads. :rolleyes:

4. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I always loved when Howard would hear a news outlet or Regis or someone mention Bianca seems particularly overweight for a dog, he'd cut the clip off immediately and make with the Ray Stern "naaaeeewwuuueehh. NAAAEEWW. listen, diz breed of dog. uhhhhh, ummm. what's dat again rob? umm yeah bulldog or some shit, diz breed. LISSHHHTEN. diz is a chunky breed of dog. Fact is, Bianca's is just the right weight."

Mr. Anorexia can always dish it but can't take it--even if it's directed at a fucking animal. Every celeb on the planet could lose another 15 pounds, but Bianca? NAEEWW. NAAEEUWWW. LISTEN FACT IS.

5. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I also had a purebred Chihuahua who had joint problems and lived to be almost 17 years old. I started giving him supplements called Joint Health and Fresh Factors when he was 6 years old on the recommendation of a Holistic Vet and they worked wonders. In the end it was a heart murmur that caused his death and his joints were fine. The website for those products is www.springtimeinc.com if you want to give them a try. There are a lot of testimonials from satisfied customers.

6. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope they return home from an America's Got Talent taping and find Bianca laying on her back stiff as cardboard.

7. HORSETOOTHED

HORSETOOTHED Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's a common statistical misinterpretation. Average lifespans are always pulled way down by infant mortality. If you can make it through the first few weeks you will likely life longer than 'average'.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  8. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You have one hell of a nerve to challenge the superior knowledge Of Beth O-S. She wrote the bestselling, groundbreaking, compendium of all things canine. She knows all [​IMG]

9. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    They are just prepping everyone so that when they put her down it will be for 'legitimate' reasons and not that she pisses on the white carpet or is an anchor to Mrs. Red Carpet.

10. telecaster

telecaster Active Member

Reputations:
    Sadly, nobody would be interested in buying a book written by you.....someone with real experience with your dog who could probably give proper advice.

11. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    Indeed, and I thank you. I may have more qualifications than The Amaazing One, but I certainly do not have the expertise of an educated and trained animal medicine professional. :)

I appreciate this link. She's a wonderful dog and I want her to be with us as long as possible. Repped!

12. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    75 yeah isa not ole' for cock...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  13. Mr Spigot

Mr Spigot New Member

Reputations:
    If Howard really cared about Bianca he would don some hobnailed boots and kick her in the head for half a fucking hour. If Bianca survives this terrible ordeal, then the little sweetheart clearly has an insatiable lust for life and should then be suitably pampered for its remaining years.

He might want to run over it with his 'limo' just to double-check, though.

14. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just had to bring up the fact that the Osbourne's bulldog died this week at the age of TWELVE, while Howard keeps trying to make it seem like Beth is performing miracles because Bianca has lived to the advanced age of 10. If anything, Beth's responsible for most of Bianca's medical problems by allowing her to become sedentary and overweight.

15. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    you attention whores!!!!!no one loves their dogs as much as beff and howard do!

16. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man New Member

Reputations:
    Isn't Beth the same genius who once stated, "bulldogs can't swim?" I remember going on Youtube after hearing that and finding video after video of bulldogs swimming in pools, bulldogs swimming in rivers, bulldogs swimming in the ocean, etc.

Anyone who thinks Beth has more than zero credibility when it comes to animals is a moron.

17. TrotMeAround

TrotMeAround Member

Reputations:
    Ummmm Excuse me but I think the woman who pretended to write a book about dogs would know what she is talking about.