Bigfoot Bigfoot: A Fifty Year Journey Come Full Circle

Discussion in 'Unexplained Mysteries' started by Drungle, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I've read that people thought a Bigfoot might've grabbed this kid

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/engebretson_derrick.html

Donkeyboy2190 likes this.
  2. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  3. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm mostly a skeptic, but always thought there was something to the bigfoot phenomenon.

A few years ago, I started listening to this podcast Sasquatch Chronicles regularly. It was pretty good. They treated experiences seriously and had a ton of information on the community, its goings-on, internal gripes etc.

At some point I cut way back on my podcast listening and didn't listen to SC for around 6 months. When I came back to it, the whole show had changed. One of the hosts had distanced himself from the podcast and their "third mic", researcher William Jevning, had outright quit.

Turns out the hosts, brothers Wes and Woody German, made up their encounter story and the internet exposed them. They claimed their experience - which was the impetus for the show's creation - had taken place at a specific place and time, describing it in detail several times. They were out in the woods on a clear, full moonlit night and a group Sasquatch surrounded their car.

Then the show got popular enough (they'd even begun charging a monthly fee for bonus content) for skeptics to intervene and point out that the night/location they claimed they were menaced was NOT subject to clear moonlight, but a massive torrential thunderstorm. BUSTED.

Just very basic facts they never bothered checking when they put their story together, I guess.

That kinda soured me on the whole thing.

[​IMG]

I wish I could really believe this stuff. I still enjoy it tho. I just read Lyle Blackburn's book on the Boggy Creek Monster. Though poorly written, it's exhaustively researched and contains virtually every possible eyewitness account of the happening. If you like Bigfoot, you could read worse books.

[​IMG]

True believer Bobcat Goldthwait made a short documentary on the varying characters he found at the Ohio Bigfoot Conference. American Bigfoot is available online for free:

https://www.go90.com/videos/9kBNy9nsRFL

It's entertaining for a 10 minute video. I wonder if he will expand it into a full length documentary?

Rogan's bit is pretty great

4. A Succulent Chinese Meal

A Succulent Chinese Meal Welcome to my underground lair.

Reputations:
    The Boggy Creek creature was featured in a Mystery Science Theater episode.

babybear and Drungle like this.
  5. A Succulent Chinese Meal

Reputations:
    I actually like the idea of a portal for the bigfoots to come through. I just watched this paranormal show on Netflix and they kept talking about shadow people and ghosts and I was thinking maybe we don't know what these things (Bigfoot/ghosts/aliens/anything unexplained) are at all, but it is starting to make sense that we might coexist with several different planes of existence.

I'm not insane!

6. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I like reading the stuff that's poorly written. It somehow makes it more believable.

"We started hunting this 80 acres around 2003. I was sitting in my Deer stand when some dogs came barking through the woods like they were chasing something. They went up into this corner where the woods and the fenceline meet and started rolling around in the dirt and barking so I got down to run the dogs off and to see what they was rolling on and when I got to the corner I could smell something that smelled like dead animal, musky and sour. Then as I turned something across the powerline in the woods approximately 50 yards away let out this deep long growl. I have never heard anything like this in my life so I started backing away and when I got to the path I ran to our truck. After we got home my husband and I looked up growl sounds and I never could find anything that sounded like this it was horrifying to me!
    I also had another incident with my husband back in about 2003 we was going out there to this property and feeding the deer. We was on our four wheeler and we drove to the powerline and the man who owned the property had been there and bush hogged and had moved some tin that was laying there and the grass was dead where the tin had been lying. Right in the middle was a cell phone so my husband picked it up and It have been chewed on by dogs are coyotes or something so he laid it up on the tin which was about 4 feet away. So we filled our deer feeders and left. We come back the next day job to the powerline and the cell phone was back in the dead grass area exactly where we had first found it. So my husband picked it up put it back on the tin. So we check the feeders and left. We come back the next day drove back to the powerline and the cell phone was gone and they're in the dead grass area laid a piece of pipe about 2 foot long so we picked up the pipe and put it on the tin and we left. We didn't get to come back the next day but the following day we came back drove to the powerline and the pole was gone but there in the dead grass laid a little white button. It was the kind of button you see on mobile home ceilings. By this time we was freaking out. So we put the button on the tin and I laid in the dead grass area a ponytail holder I had and also I mint. Nothing took the ponytail holder or mint. My husband found the cell phone again approximately 75 yards up the Powerline about a month later but we never seen the pipe or the button again"

ALSO NOTICED: My brother-in-law was hunting by the creek and something big and black got up out of the creek and walked up the hill. He said it was on two legs and it was huge.

We purchased 40 of the 80 acres two years ago and we were building our house and I found what appeared to be two tracks.

About 12 years ago just up the river from our land our nephew was fishing with his dad and saw a Bigfoot come down and scoop up water in his hand and get a drink. He said it was a blondish reddish color and very very big.

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=56443

babybear likes this.
  7. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't mean firsthand accounts from eyewitnesses, I just mean Blackburn is a poor writer in general.

8. DarkFriday

DarkFriday If yer not cheatin' yer not tryin' Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

/case closed.

9. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  10. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  11. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP Gold

Reputations:
    The same lady that ruined this painted that jacket cover.

[​IMG]

12. A Succulent Chinese Meal

Reputations:
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  13. Cheri

Cheri Girthy Member VIP

Reputations:
  14. A Succulent Chinese Meal

Reputations:

Drungle and babybear like this.
  15. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The guy in the beginning found some interesting stuff. I love when they talk to people in dreams. What does this mean?

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 10.47.56 PM.png

This guy gets some crazy sounding recordings. He's supposed to be legit. In the Bigfoot community

This one is cued up

16. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Ok, fuck him. Anyone who won't allow playback here is a douche

17. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Young sasquatch?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jeff Sheppard:

I spoke with the owner of the trail camera photo who is a 20 year-old local college student at great length. He and his family are avid hunters and the property that the camera was set up on has been in their family for two generations. This is what he sent me, a photo of the photo on his computer screen, the second one is zoomed in on the subject. While I was viewing the picture directly from the SD card onto the young man's laptop, there is tremendous detail that can be seen that does not come out on these pictures sent to me. I feel that this could be a juvenile Sasquatch. I am working on obtaining the original photo.

Edit: Link

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=51005

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  18. A Succulent Chinese Meal

Reputations:
    That was awesome.

Drungle likes this.
  19. Drungle

Drungle VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  20. Mack

Mack Well-Known Member 2010 OG VIP

Reputations:
    So the shop foreman and myself were looking at some property just outside of the Saint Joe National Forest and we brought a couple rifles along to do some shooting. We'd inadvertently ended on Potlatch ground, which isn't a big deal, but neither of us had purchased the permit required for recreating on their property, which is technically private. About 30 minutes into us blazing away a Potlatch security guy pulls in to make sure we were in compliance, which weren't, but this being rural Idaho and both of us being heavily armed he let us off with a polite warning. During the course of our conversation with said guard, he points over to a slash pile and says, "right there is where I saw him". The statement was completely out of context for the conversation we were having about permits, but I was eager to move off that subject, so I obliged this new direction in the conversation.

Me: Saw him?

Guard: Oh yes, plain as day.

Me: Who?

Guard: The squatch.

Me: You saw a squatch right there where we're shooting?

Guard: Oh yes. I've seen him all throughout this drainage.

Me: So you've seen him before?

Guard: Oh many times, in fact my wife hit a deer last week because she was distracted by a squatch.

About this time I noticed the guy I was with already had his shit policed up and ready to go, so I broke off the conversation as politely as possible and followed suit. Once we were on our way back to civilization we had a good chuckle about it.

A few days later I saw this on the internet:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/26/bigfoot-blamed-in-idaho-car-crash.html