Bill Cosby endowed professorship suspended by Spelman College

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ving, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bill Cosby endowed professorship suspended by Spelman College
    The Atlanta college distances itself from funnyman Bill Cosby and his $20 million gift, the latest fallout from rape allegations dogging the 77-year-old.
    BY Jason Molinet
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, December 15, 2014, 4:53 AM

[​IMG] ALLEN SULLIVAN/AP Spelman College has cut ties with Bill Cosby (seen at the school in 2006) this week, announcing it was indefinitely suspending the William and Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby Endowed Professorship.
    A historically black, liberal arts women’s college in Atlanta is finally distancing itself from benefactor Bill Cosby.

Spelman College announced it was indefinitely suspending the William and Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby Endowed Professorship, which wasfunded by a $20 million giftby the Cosbys in 1987,the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.

“The William and Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby Endowed Professorship was established to bring positive attention and accomplished visiting scholars to Spelman College in order to enhance our intellectual, cultural and creative life,” Spelman spokeswoman Audrey Arthur told the AJC.

“The current context prevents us from continuing to meet these objectives fully. Consequently, we will suspend the program until such time that the original goals can again be met.”

Spelman didn’t say whether it would change the name of its academic center, which also bears Cosby’s name.

SupermodelBeverly Johnson is the latestin a line of high profile women to step forward and accuse Cosby of drugging her in an attempt to prey upon her. Several women claim the iconic funnyman sexually assaulted them, making allegations that date back decades.

[​IMG] W.A. HAREWOOD/ASSOCIATED PRESS Cosby (left) and Spelman College president Dr. Beverly Tatum in 2006.
    The 77-year-oldCosby resigned from the Board of Trusteesat alma mater Temple University earlier this month.

“I have always been proud of my association with Temple University,” Cosby said.

“I have always wanted to do what would be in the best interest of the university and its students. As a result, I have tendered my resignation from the Temple University Board of Trustees.”

Follow on Twitter@jmolinet

jmolinet@nydailynews.com

monsoon and Box of Rox like this.
  2. monsoon

monsoon Who are you with?

Reputations:
    Excellent. Great news to wake up to.
    I hope this just the beginning.

F mutt

3. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
  4. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This latest one, Beverly Johnson, hard to believe she is 62.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AmishGirl and monsoon like this.
  5. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Professor of Applied Rapology and Theory of Rapology 102?

Nikki likes this.
  6. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    Cos responded "Fair enough, ya bastards. But I want my $20 Million back. With interest!"

Lester likes this.
  7. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wait... I get punishing him but this is going too far. How will he force feed his love elixir to all his students?

8. PelicanBeak

PelicanBeak Shit Mult Banned User

Reputations:
    Pharmacology

9. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
  10. Nikki

Nikki growing a tail

Reputations:
    He just warned the black media to be neutral about this. Ridiculous. He really thinks he has the power to control the media and the women accusing him.

A couple of those women have come under question because of their "histories."
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/12/histories-of-several-cosby-accusers-cast-doubt-on-tales/
    Moritz, 68, recently told The New York Daily News that Cosby forced his penis into her mouth in the dressing room and then threatened her backstage at the Johnny Carson-hosted talk show, which was then based in New York City.

Chelan Lasha accused Cosby of sexual assault in a televised press conference with Gloria Allred on December 3, where Allred demanded Cosby pay $100 million in damages for Lasha and other alleged victims. Reached for comment, Allred directed TheDC to Lasha’s statement from the press conference stating the details of her alleged assault, which she claimed occurred in 1986.
    Public records show that Lasha has long criminal rap sheet.

Former Playboy bunny P.J. Masten claimed in a group CNN interview with other Cosby accusers last Friday that Cosby drugged her and raped her in a Chicago hotel, and alleged that other Playboy bunnies were also raped by Cosby.
    But this isn’t the first time Masten has accused a high profile celebrity of sexual abuse.

Cosby accuser Tamara Green has filed a defamation suit alleging that Cosby sullied Green’s “good name and reputation” by denying Green’s sexual assault allegations against him.
    Several years ago, Green was suspended from practicing law by the State Bar of California and was placed on probation.

So Cosby's Atty is going after anyone who had any trouble with the law to discredit them. He's a vile serial drug/rape jackhole and he can't hide from his crimes.

OV likes this.
  11. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    A historically black, liberal arts women’s college in Atlanta is finally distancing itself from benefactor Bill Cosby.
    Wasn't he counting on the black media to save him yesterday ? Looks like that probably isn't going to work out for him.

12. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    I wonder what Sharpton's clit will say about this??

13. John Coktoaston

John Coktoaston Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this has got to hurt for cosby. one thing he loves to do is put on a robe and speak at college graduations (and collect honorary degrees) I see those opportunities drying up fast

14. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    wow ffckn 62!?!?!?

15. Blur

Blur Alumnus

Reputations:
    So you are saying they're not as well-endowed now?

16. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    and wig thinks he has legacy problems..

17. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    What a great segue to hot mature stars, would smash...:up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]