Bill Murray Is Making A Televised Christmas Special, Because Santa May Be Real After All

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Oct 14, 2014.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bill Murray Is Making A Televised Christmas Special, Because Santa May Be Real After All
    Posted: 10/14/2014 9:50 am EDT Updated: 2 hours ago
    [​IMG]

Happy future holidays, everyone: Bill Murray is doing a televised Christmas special.

Variety has announced that the star will perform a series of classic carols in a program directed by Sofia Coppola, and it all sounds very, well, them.

“It’s not going to be live,” Murray told Variety of the project. “We’re going to do it like a little movie. It won’t have a format, but it’s going to have music. It will have texture. It will have threads through it that are writing. There will be prose. It will have a patina style and wit to it. It will be nice.”

“We’re working on a Christmas special,” Coppola confirmed. “Not sure when it will air, but my motivation is to hear him singing my song requests.”

In the pair's first collaboration since "Lost In Translation," we're imagining Murray walking slowly down the hallway in a santa hat, pondering how difficult it is to find meaningful human connection: "Do you hear what I hear? But seriously. Do you?"

2. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i love the guy, but this sounds terrible

Ta Ta Toothy likes this.
  3. Bri7

Bri7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds terrible?

Bill Murray : I'm in!!
    Sofia Coppola: I'm in!!!
    Christmas: I'm in!!!

4. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I picture this
    [​IMG]

5. boognishstern

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Shortwave98 likes this.
  6. GIRLY

GIRLY OV

Reputations:
  7. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He wouldn't do Ghostbusters 3 but he'll do this?

8. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  9. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    I think that's the point.

10. boognishstern

Reputations:
    Bill Murray Christmas Special Teased in Sneak Peek From Netflix
    May 22, 2015, 2:14 PM ET
    By ELARA MOSQUERA

[​IMG]
    Bill Murray is seen in a trailer for a new holiday film by Sofia Coppola.
    Netflix/YouTube

Netflix has released a trailer for “A Very Murray Christmas,” its upcoming Christmas special starring Bill Murray that is set to debut on the streaming service's Internet TV network in December.

The 24-second trailer features a signature shrug from the actor while he dons a pair of headband antlers and gazes glumly out a Carlyle Hotel window at the New York City Skyline -- all set to a score of jazz piano.

Written by Sofia Coppola, Bill Murray and Mitch Glazer and directed by Sofia Coppola, "A Very Murray Christmas" aims to pay tribute to the classic variety show and features Bill Murray, as himself, hosting, according to a press release by Netflix.

The streaming special reunites the actor with Sofia Coppola, who last directed him in "Lost in Translation," which earned Murray the first Oscar nomination of his career.

In the special, a snowstorm hits New York City and Murray worries that none of his guests will be able to make the trek, according to Netflix. But with a combination of divine luck and perseverance, he ends up partying the night away with countless A-list guests at The Carlyle Hotel. The cast of partiers includes highly notable names, including George Clooney, Dimitri Dimitrov, Michael Cera, Chris Rock, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Miley Cyrus, Jason Schwartzman, Rashida Jones and more.

Despite all the party promised to come, the brief teaser for the Netflix special sees the star looking pretty bummed out in the "Lost in Translation"-esque trailer:

11. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    my kid was 13 last year
    still believed in santa claus completely
    the kid's simple I fear

12. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I guess no one is immune to shark jumping.

13. boognishstern

Reputations:
    it's gonna be great.
    [​IMG]

14. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Sofia Coppola's a hack, always has been. I gotta be one of the few people who absolutely detested that indie artfag pile of shit Lost in Translation. What a dark era in Murray's career, when he was going artfag to artfag doing the same pensive plaintive stare into nothingness in a cringeworthy bid for Acadamy acclaim.

I love Murray, but it was so lame how genuinely upset he got that he didn't win the Oscar for Translation. A news flash to him and other comic-gone-drama cheerleaders who never watch more than one nominee tops, a comedian going serious is a fun novelty, but speaking in a monotone and going out of your way to be completely serene doesn't warrant a meaningless statuette. It's not acting, it's turning off their natural charm and being disengaged.

But as for Coppola, she's the worst of all the artfags because there's zero motivation or depth to anything she's ever done, because there's been zero motivation or depth necessary for her insulated existence.

Check out the first bit of "art" she ever wrote, her first screenplay directed by big daddy Frances himself in New York Stories. It's about a borderline magical rich girl who has a fabulous life living unsupervised in a plush Manhattan penthouse apartment who saves her rich (yet absent due to work) daddy's prized diamonds from a mean ole thief and becomes a real princess in the process. Bitch wrote it when she was fucking 16.

15. Gunky McShekelstein

Gunky McShekelstein Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Her acting is even worse than her directing. Godfather 3 anyone?

16. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anyone else sick of the Murray craze ? He's a good, actor and all, but christ people make him out like he is some sort of god.

JesusTwinsBiggestFan and yaddc like this.
  17. snowdog212

snowdog212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Man I would love to be in Sofia Coppola

18. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    210. BRAPPP 06/17
    This actor has just hit A-list out of the stratosphere and he seems like one of the nicest guys around, right!?! Well, I do struggle to support the ‘nice guys’ in Hollywood because it’s frequently revealed to me that they’re secretly scum that worship devils, eat babies and have affairs with underage strippers – this guy seems to be different, though. Firstly, he’s not really a Hollywood guy. He works and lives there for his career, but his plans are to leave Hollywood when he’s in the right place career wise. He has a wife and a child/children, so he doesn’t see what Hollywood can offer him beyond a career. It’s the smartest attitude I’ve seen taken to Hollywood and one that is far too rare, but whether he sticks to that. Secondly, he’s a church-going, American patriot that rarely involves himself in politics but always involves himself in charitable work. He’s working with another A-list church-going, American patriot and they’re said to be getting along greatly. Thirdly, I’ve not heard a single rumour about an affair or diva behaviour, despite the fact his TV A-list co-star is an envious diva bitch.
    Actor: Chris Pratt
    A-list co-star: Denzel Washington
    Movie: "The Magnificent Seven"
    TV co-star: Amy Poehler

19. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought the thread title said Bill Cosby was doing a Christmas special. I could only imagine. Spiked eggnog. Benadryl Christmas cookies. Fuzzy memories. Good times.

20. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I admire Bill Murray because he has no problem with the normal process of aging. He's getting old and he knows it, but he chooses to show his wrinkles and his folds instead of resorting to the same plastic surgery that many other Hollywood types use. "Lost in Translation" was actually a very good movie, plus you got a flash of ScarJo's 19 year old buttocks!

boognishstern likes this.