BILLBOARD: Paul McCartney, Billy Joel & More Reflect on Radio's 'Coolest' Jockey

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  2. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Paul McCartney: "I love Howard for his truth, humor and fearlessness whenever I go on his show. He tries to find out how many times I got laid when I was in the Beatles. I find the best way to deal with him is to adopt the attitude of a slightly disapproving elder brother, as questions like that are none of his business. He still asks them and I love him for it."

Lars Ullrich, Metallica: "Howard is the coolest, hands down. You're never being interviewed by Howard, you're having a conversation with him. Two guys shooting the shit. Howard always makes his guests feel at ease and he is without a doubt the absolute best at what he does. The main reason is his authenticity. When I speak with Howard, I'm speaking with Howard; I'm not talking to a persona, or a character. He's the real deal. Both as a listener and as a subject, you never quite know where it's going next and that impulsivity and lack of agenda works for me both as a fan and as a subject."

Billy Joel: "I became friends with Howard long before I ever did his radio show. I liked him right away and wanted to continue our personal friendship – but I procrastinated about doing his radio show for a long time since I thought there was a possibility that something totally 'Howard Stern' outrageous could happen that might endanger that friendship. Turns out I was wrong. He was completely unpredictable in a way I hadn't expected. He knew more about my music than anyone I ever worked with in the entire radio industry. The interview Howard did with me was probably the most astute and insightful interview I've done in my 50-year career."

Pat Monahan of Train: "Howard has been a big influence on me and my bandmates for 20 years. The first time we did his show, I said about three words because I was so blown away to actually be doing his show. It was nuts. Now we're friends and he's one of the greatest people I know. We're all still huge fans. He's a legend!"

Adam Levine, Maroon 5: "One of the most underrated things about Howard is what an incredible interviewer he has become over the years. I put him up there with the best of the best."

50 Cent: "Every time I go to Howard's show I have a ball. He finds a way to force me to say things I want to just say but I shouldn't. I'm trying to clean up my act goddamn it."

Robin Thicke: "Howard is the best interview I've ever experienced. Intelligent, insightful, and void of any BS! He was also one of the first people to support 'Blurred Lines' and helped make it a hit. When I performed on 'America's Got Talent,' Howard stood up and started dancing. If you can make Howard Stern dance, you know you're doing something right. Thank you, Howard, for your enormous talent, generous heart … and unforgettable dance moves!"

:bigcry:

3. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    geez well, that's nice of them. I guess they will all be on the Birthday Bash?

4. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Holy Shit!!!!! Did Stern find a way to buy that rag ??????(without putting up his own marbles no doubt). Or have they become a "pay for play" vanity publication?

5. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    So we're supposed to believe that unsolicited theyre just praising him for no reason? :lmao:

6. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    I liked the dissing Howard Paul better.

7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    ALL IN desperation!

8. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  9. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    6/22: "blurred lines" reaches number 1 on the US charts

7/29: thicke appears on thss

yeah, it was stern that gave the song its 'bump'. :facepalm:

10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  11. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    I figured Paul would phone it in. Never in any interview McCartney did with Howard, did I sense any affection for Howard. Maybe now that Howard is rubbing elbows in the charity circuit he has made a connection?

12. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard is the greatest person in the world...His piss can cure cancer and bring the dead back to life..his six pack abs have actually cured gay people and made them hetro....Right Robin????

13. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Michelle Obama has a better guest for her birthday than Howard's

Beyoncé reportedly performed six of her greatest hits, including "Single Ladies" and "Irreplaceable," for more than 500 guests, including Paul McCartney, Samuel L. Jackson, Magic Johnson, Jennifer Hudson, Gladys Knight, Al Roker, and Mary J. Blige. Sources say Stevie Wonder also gave an impromptu performance that included "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" and "Do I Do," and John Legend sang "Happy Birthday" to the first lady.

14. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    Now that sounds like a good show!

15. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    and they performed for free unlike the paid off "guests" to show up at narcissitc douchefest birthday fuckfest....

16. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    Be real dude.. it's the first lady. There is no comparison. Come on.

17. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Always thought the same thing in his past interviews. It seemed like McCartney was just going through the motions.

18. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Billboard has more Stern propaganda today than Jon and Gary usually create in a week - sounds like the Buchwald agency wrote the text for all of the praise heaped on Howard's interview skills. He's the coolest shock jock who ever had a kitten adoption segment on his uncensored radio show.

19. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    Well he is Paul McCartney after all. :) I admit I was glued to the radio the first time he was on the show.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm:[video=youtube;9QVhxFl9kGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QVhxFl9kGg[/video]