Billionare Stern & beth need not worry but I do! American Nightmare...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, Jul 28, 2013.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    I work and live in NYC so I live slightly above the subsistence level because its normal here.

3. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Thank god Bush has been around the last 5-1/2 years to fix the problem.

4. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    Obama's plan to address this is to make everyone equal: everyone will be equally poor.

5. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    fixed. :hat:

6. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not even reading past the first sentence. Bullshit article.

Yea no shit. During part of anyone's lifetime they are going to not have a job and they are going to make so little they would technically be considered living in poverty.

No job out of college and your first job doesn't pay shit? Guess what you qualify to prove the misleading title of this piece of "journalism" correct. Congratulations deadbeat.

7. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    6-12 month emergency fund do you have it?

8. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Yes.

9. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:

listen everyone is responsible for themselves. I have never received anything from anyone. I served in the military honorably and I work very hard. But it's almost impossible to get ahead and I am worried for the future. not so much for myself but more for my children while I am still responsible for them. I hope to God that will never be us, and it probably wont be, but when my wife tells me that PhD's regularly here in Los Angeles apply for the receptionist job at her work its does scare the hell out of me..

10. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  11. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm 25 and lost my job due to "organisational restructuring", once my unemployment runs out, I am fucked. I've had to turn down jobs because they're 2 hours away (The Woodlands, north of Houston and I currently live in Galveston) and are paying $12.00/hr. I was living a 5 minute walk from my job and making enough to live comfortably. It's just so fucking weird how quickly things have deteriorated, hopefully this country doesn't end up like Spain. You wanna talk about a country that was fucked up one side of the street and down the other, look at those poor sods.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  12. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I expect the 357K retirement plan will become more popular as time goes on.

[​IMG]

13. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Since I have been under an emergency situation since 12/11, Ummm not any more. Don't even get me started on the bullshit of having carried insurance for 30+years then not being able to get any type of assistance because we were responsible and earned a living as long as possible.

14. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    With NSA and Homeland Security buying up every bullet they can find you had better make sure you're stocked up now.

15. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It does seem that the policies being enacted are designed to hurt the responsible, middle class the most.

16. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    i dunno" magnum rounds are really expensive. 20 years ago copper jacket federals were a buck a piece. I'm afraid to price them out now (and wad cutters are really dirty and no fun to shoot).

17. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

That's the part that makes me sick... The people that live honest lives get screwed, while the assholes in Washington pander to the lazy assholes that elect and excuse them.

I recently sold a house, for my taxes this year, it asked me to build up a cost basis to tell the IRS how much we made/lost on the house. Turns out we lost over $125k because we bought during the boom and sold during the crash... No refund for me! It was considered a personal loss and not refundable... Yet, had I made a dime on it, they'd want 4 cents!

18. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Depending what brand you buy, some are still $.69/round and some are $1.50+/round.

19. KjCarson

KjCarson Member

Reputations:
    The President inherited a financial mess but has done NOTHING to improve or repair it over the last 7 years and therefore is equally complicit.

He left the Wall Street crew who has no incentive to change a system that's made them filthy rich in charge of "FIXING" the problem. Why would they?
    A bill proposed to limit how much influence lobbyist could buy was voted down and the list goes on and on....
    [video=youtube;F3AlFe8l4OE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3AlFe8l4OE[/video]
    [video=youtube;CtllmgvoT_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtllmgvoT_g[/video]
    They are older videos but till quite relevant.

Things are so bad that today McDonald's employees (some who need public assistance to supplement their income) have walked off the job to try to get better wages and a few paid days off.
    As the economic divide continues to increase we may have to emulate the citizens of Greece.

* And for those who denigrate poor folks who need public assistance PLEASE do remember that the richest financial institutions in the world were recent recipients of the biggest corporate welfare check in history!