Billy West's Old Nemisis Animates Opening of 'The Simpsons'

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by fland, Oct 25, 2015.

1. fland

fland Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    His style is so friggin' distinct. Dude's a total weirdo.

I used to like hearing him talk about how other animated shows have, like, reaction images that they repeat and recycle constantly, but he never reuses a single frame or some shit, every shot and face is completely unique (or something).

boognishstern likes this.
  3. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    love John K. believe it or not he provided a bunch of art & animation for miley cyrus' last tour.

Music Videos
    A Look at John Kricfalusi’s Animation For Miley Cyrus ‘Bangerz’ Tour
    By Amid Amidi | 02/27/2014 7:29 pm

[​IMG]
    Miley Cyrus’s new “Bangerz” concert tour launched in Vancouver on Valentine’s Day, with the concert’s opening number featuring animated visuals by Ren & Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi. News of the collaboration between Cyrus and Kricfalusi was first announced last month.

John K. provided nearly 2-1/2 minutes of animation for the song “SMS (Bangerz),” which begins after Cyrus opens the concert by sliding down a gigantic version of her own tongue. Kricfalusi’s animation is as colorful and aggressive as the action onstage, and his wildly cartooned Miley reveals a caricaturist in peak form. He interprets some of the song lyrics, like “I’m flying high up on a bird,” literally, while others such as, “I let them know the rents due on the first,” are imagined more whimsically (the latter is depicted by Cyrus punching a giant blonde woman in the butt). The animation, which mostly features Cyrus and a cast of animals ‘strutting that stuff’ per the song’s lyrics, is untied to any grand narrative, but serves its purpose well as an accompaniment to Cyrus’s calculated attempt to be irreverent.

Kricfalusi has posted a bunch of concept drawings and production artwork on his blog, along with credits for who animated what. It’s hard to find a decent version of the sequence posted online, but the following recording shows a fair bit of the action beginning at the 2:28 mark.

[​IMG]

Elsalvador1990 likes this.
  4. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    This explains a lot. I always thought Ren and Stempy was a despicable cartoon, pushing subliminal sexual imagery on children. Watching Howard exploit this painful incident reminds me of how heartless Howard was. How great is it that Billy saw the light early? Old Howard's loss sadly.

5. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Ha, I take it you missed the 'Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon' revival they tried on Spike like more than a decade ago.

Kricfalusi's stripped back the subtext and went full sleeze, depicting them as a total 110% homosexual couple complete with scenes of Ren getting characteristically aggressive and mounting Stimpy at the end of the night.

What light? If Howard offered to pay him like a friggin' human being and didn't have Tom present Billy with that stupid contract making Billy responsible for paying FCC fines related to any character he voiced, Billy would still be there today.

And it's our loss, not his. He probably considers the move well-worth the marbles he pocketed, like all the talent he's lost over the years.

boognishstern and whatsit like this.
  6. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    What was the fight about? I don't have an hour and twenty-two minutes....just yet.

7. Elsalvador1990

Elsalvador1990 Active Member

Reputations:
    Oh brother.

8. Elsalvador1990

Elsalvador1990 Active Member

Reputations:
    That rules. Thanks.