News Black Woman Hangs Self In Jail - Evil White Police Being Accused of Murder- Autopsy is Racist

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Slow, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    A black woman was arrested after a traffic stop in Texas. Days later, she died in a jail.

At about 7 a.m. Monday, Sandra Bland got her breakfast in the Waller County Jail in Texas. The 28-year-old woman was being held there after a routine traffic stop the previous Friday led to a charge of assault on a public servant.

About two hours later, Bland was dead. The official cause: Suicide by hanging.

Now, many of her friends and relatives, along with a growing group of social-justice activists, are questioning how authorities say Bland died — and the circumstances surrounding the arrest that put her behind bars three days earlier.

“The Waller County Jail is trying to rule her death a suicide and Sandy would not have taken her own life,” one friend told the ABC affiliate in Chicago. “Sandy was strong. Strong mentally and spiritually.”

At a news conference in Chicago, Bland’s sister told reporters on Thursday that she couldn’t believe Bland would take her own life.

“Based on the Sandy that I knew, that’s unfathomable to me,” Sharon Cooper said, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The Waller County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that an unnamed female inmate wasn’t breathing when she was found in her cell Monday morning, at about 9 a.m.

“CPR was immediately started and Waller County EMS notified,” read the statement, sent to The Post on Thursday. “She was pronounced deceased a short time later.”

An autopsy classified the death as suicide by hanging, Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences spokeswoman Tricia Bentley told The Post, and the sheriff’s office statement said it appeared to be from “self-inflicted asphyxiation.”

“The family of Sandra Bland is confident that she was killed and did not commit suicide,” Bland’s family said in a statement sent to the Tribune by the law firm they hired. “The family has retained counsel to investigate Sandy’s death.”

“At this time, the joint investigation by the Texas Rangers and the FBI is ongoing,” the release stated.

Shauna Dunlap, a spokeswoman for the FBI’s office in Houston, told the Houston Chronicle in an email that the agency would be “monitoring the local investigation until it is complete.”

“Once the local process takes its course, the FBI reviews all of the evidence and if warranted could pursue a federal investigation,” she wrote.

Mathis, the district attorney, told the Tribune that Bland was “down from Illinois” to start a new job. ABC7 reported that she was expected to start work at Prairie View A&M University, her alma mater. An e-mail sent to the university was not immediately returned.

“She was a very, very accomplished young lady,” the Rev. James Miller, pastor at DuPage African Methodist Episcopal Church in Lisle, Ill., told the Tribune. “I just hope that the investigation is very comprehensive.”

Miller told the newspaper that Bland and her family had been members of the church for about 18 years. The Tribune reported that she was from Naperville,a suburb of Chicago.

“Any time somebody dies, it’s a tragic deal,” Waller County Sheriff Glenn Smith told the Tribune. “That’s exactly what this appeared to be.”

After word of Bland’s death spread, hashtags including #JusticeForSandy and#WhatHappenedToSandraBland sprung up on social media, and an online petition calling for a Department of Justice investigation collected more than 15,000 signatures by early Thursday afternoon. On Thursday, Bland’s family said they didn’t want her death politicized, the Tribune reported.

In his Facebook statement, Mathis, the district attorney, said his office “is actively consulting with and monitoring the investigation being conducted by the Texas Rangers into Ms. Bland’s death. Once the investigation is complete the matter will be turned over to a Waller County grand jury for any further proceedings deemed appropriate by them.”

[​IMG] Sandra Bland’s booking photo. (Waller County Sheriff’s Office)
    He added: “Please allow us to do our jobs, and rest assured that Ms. Bland’s death is receiving the scrutiny it deserves.”

Bland’s arrest and death come amidst a larger national conversation about the use of force in law enforcement and police tactics.

One year ago, Eric Garner died after being placed in a police chokehold. His family recently agreed to a $5.9 million settlement with New York City. Last August, protests broke out after the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, who was fatally shot by police, in Ferguson, Mo.

There were protests in Cleveland following the fatal police shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice in November. In April, riots broke out in Baltimore after a man named Freddie Gray died of a severe spinal injury following an arrest.

An ongoing Washington Post investigation has found that police officers haveshot and killed at least 500 people in the United States this year, including high-profile incidents in North Charleston, S.C., and Tulsa, Okla.

Video of a portion of Bland’s arrest, obtained by Chicago’s ABC affiliate, appears to show her down on the ground, held by an officer. She appears to be vocally protesting the circumstances of her arrest during the video, though the recording doesn’t clearly pick up everything she says.

The footage starts after Bland has already been restrained on the ground by an officer.

“You just slammed my head into the ground, do you not even care about that?” Bland is heard saying during the encounter. “I can’t even hear.”

Bland thanked the person filming the arrest as she was being led toward a patrol car, after which the video concludes.

#Icanthear

In 5, 4, 3 ......

[​IMG]

2. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Who's that Shaun King asswipe? Some social justice warrior?

Donkeyboy2190 and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  3. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know what the fuck happened in that jail but who the fuck ends up in jail for three days for not using your turn signal and not putting out a cigarette?

4. Slow

Reputations:
    no clue. the tweet was in the washington post article. looks like a cock mouth from his pic.

did you miss the part about assaulting a civil servant?

5. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Oh well.

6. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah such BS. There is clearly not anymore to the story here

7. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    IfTheyOnlyKnew and Austinchota like this.
  8. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    she wasn't some street thug.
    Something here is amiss. I'm not saying cops killed her, but this is weird

ZevonFan, kingdavid918, JFK and 2 others like this.
  9. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just Turrible Turrible Turrible!![​IMG]

10. Slow

Reputations:
    Mental illness and suicidality do not discriminate between socioeconomic classes. She seemed to be a productive member of society with anger/emotional problems. It's a shame that she took her own life but the outcry and witch hunt for murderous police with an agenda to kill minorities has reached insanity.

11. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
  12. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:

1Vegasgirl and Slow like this.
  13. Slow

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

RenchFries, PI Nate and Limo Wreck like this.
  14. Domo Cup

Domo Cup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    shame. Seems nice a nice lady.

ZevonFan likes this.
  15. Domo Cup

Domo Cup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God blocked it.....:grad:

16. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    why would the cops kill her when the heat is on every police depot. my guess is that she had emotional issues. but i guess the question is why would someone be thrown into jail for not signaling....half of the ancients here in florida would be on death row.

17. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    poor lady....this explains the suicide. she should have gotten help....i think we all need what being depressed can be like.

damn, she seems like a nice lady.

18. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Yeah the OP forgot to mention that there was an entire 52 minute video of the incident from beginning to end.

Drungle, AmericasJudge and SternsEgo like this.
  19. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Shit stirrer from Ferguson

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  20. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    YouTube for those that cant do liveleak

NiggalissCage and SternsEgo like this.