CCTV Blind and deaf girl should've listened

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Shocking video shows the moment blind and deaf teen girl is slammed to the ground by airport security while traveling home after being treated for a brain tumor
    3.3k shares
    View comments

A shocking video shows the moment a disabled teen girl was thrown to the ground before being arrested by TSA workers at Memphis International Airport.
    Hannah Cohen, 19, was flying home to Chattanooga, Tennessee on June 30, 2015 after receiving treatment at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis.
    Her attorneys say she had an impairment from radiation and the brain tumor was removed at the time of her visit to the hospital. She is still limited in her ability to talk, walk, stand, see and hear.
    Her family has filed a lawsuit against the airport police and the TSA alleging that security personnel assaulted Hannah at the checkpoint, 'causing her physical and emotional injury as well as emotional injury' to her mother.
    Scroll down for video
    [​IMG]
    +6
    A bloodied and terrified Hannah Cohen looks up at the camera after her mother and attorneys claim she was assaulted by TSA agents at the Memphis International Airport
    [​IMG]
    +6
    A shocking video (above) shows the moment when the disabled 19-year-old was thrown to the ground before being arrested by TSA workers at Memphis International Airport last year
    The incident was sparked when an alarm went off as the teen girl and her mother were going through a security checkpoint operated by the Memphis International Airport Police Department and the Transportation Safety Administration.
    The teenager became disoriented by the alarm and the security workers' attempts to search her, the lawsuit says.
    'The security personnel failed to recognize that she was confused because of her obvious disability and was unable to cooperate with the search,' Cohen's lawyers, Kelly Pearson and William Hardwick, wrote in the lawsuit.
    Her mother, Shirley Cohen, said she tried to tell TSA agents about her daughter's disability, but she was kept away by police.
    [​IMG]
    +6
    Cohen became disoriented by the alarm going off at the security checkpoint and the security workers' attempts to search her. An officer tackled her to the ground (above)
    [​IMG]
    +6
    The officer tackled Cohen to the ground in the airport in an attempt to arrest her (above)
    'She's trying to get away from them but in the next instant, one of them had her down on the ground and hit her head on the floor. There was blood everywhere,' Shirley told WREG-TV.
    Her daughter had nothing on her that should have set off the alarm, her mother said, but security wanted additional screening anyway.
    Shirley Cohen added: 'She was very reluctant. She didn't understand what they were about to do.'
    The video recorded on surveillance cameras inside the airport shows the girl struggling with security officers as her mother tries to calm her down.
    Moments later, one of the officers pushes the girl to the ground to tackle her as her mother is also pushed away by the other officer.
    Cohen is face down on the ground, as the officer tries to grab her arms to place them behind her back, but she struggles.

[​IMG]
    +6
    Hannah has been traveling through the airport to St. Jude's Hospital for 17 years to treat a brain tumor but the trip last year ended with her being injured
    She can be seen trying to fight against the officer's attempts to grab her arms before the short 31-second video ends.
    Hannah was arrested, but the charges were later dropped.
    The federal lawsuit filed by the family is seeking a 'reasonable sum not exceeding $100,000 and costs' for damages that include pain, medical expenses, personal and emotional injury, and embarrassment.
    In addition, the lawsuit alleges that the TSA and airport police discriminated against Cohen because of her disability and failed to provide reasonable accommodation for screening her.
    [​IMG]
    +6
    Hannah's mom, Shirley, says her daughter was disoriented and frightened by TSA agents who didn't understand how to treat a woman with a disability
    TSA spokesman Mark Howell and Jerry Brandon, chief of public safety of the Memphis International Airport Police Department, said they could not comment on pending litigation.
    'Anybody can file anything, and we don't comment on active litigation,' Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority president and CEO Scott Brockman told The Commercial Appeal newspaper.
    'Clearly there are additional facts in this matter, and we won't comment until we address the litigation.'
    The Memphis Airport Police Department has filed a motion to dismiss the suit against them for several reasons, including that they fall under the airport authority.

2. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    I get she's blind and deaf but that doesn't give her the right to push them around. She got what she deserved... :coffee:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  3. Cheri

Cheri Skunk VIP

Reputations:
    She's big and fat, so they had to use some force to subdue her. Don't fly fat

4. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Blind, deaf and a filthy dog humper. Death penalty

tradioguy69 and JesusTwins like this.
  5. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lawyers:slapping:

6. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    1. Good thing the races weren't reversed or the president would be chiming in.

2. She threw the first punch when the guy was calmly restraining her. Can't fault him for taking her down.

7. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Did TSA know she was blind and deaf?

8. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    White people let this be a lesson to you to behave.

9. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck the TSA. What is wrong with people? Refuse to fly, period. Bankrupt the airlines. Refuse this creeping fascist nonsense. They confiscate breast milk and insist that tiny pocketknives are dangerous weapons. You people are fucking SHEEP to put up with this bullshit. And the people standing around while the Sky Pigs beat up that retard should be ashamed of themselves. Dogpile on the TSA assholes and beat the snot out of them while carving "TSA" on their foreheads in five-inch-tall letters.

crazycreep and Butters Stoch like this.
  10. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    whats the big deal. I never have any issue with them. I dont try to bring liquids or a knife. I take my shoes and belt off and move right along.

Slow likes this.
  11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    It's pretty apparently she was neither. They're exaggerating her hearing and vision loss for the suit.

Won't work, her doctors will have to testify and they're not going to toss their careers away for this woman.

Slow, AmishGirl, Cheri and 1 other person like this.
  12. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  13. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    flying to the hospital for 17 yrs and disabled - get priority screening

14. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    her mouth clearly works

15. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    I don't fly because I don't like the treatment from airlines and the lines for security. I've been pulled out and patted down, no big deal.

Don't blame the people trying to keep maniacs from setting fires on planes at 30,000 ft with "milk" And a tiny pocket knife can disable you pretty quickly if taken from behind by surprise.

Blame a nation that doesn't ensure that maniacs aren't going to be here in the first place to put everyone at risk. The 9/11 attackers had no business being here. Student, business, and tourist visas should be given out to people from friendly nations and to others only after extensive checks on their backgrounds, paid for at their expense. Blame a PC nation that refuses to profile for possible dangerous passengers, prefering to have tens of thousands of people wait in long lines rather than a handful be pulled out of line and questioned for a far shorter period than they have to wait in line anyway!

Now that they can just rent a truck and plough through crowds, they'll come up with some other stupid security measures instead of just booting the fuckers we can out, preventing others from getting in with immigration policy and border security, and other measures that make sense.

It's like having plane loads of German tourists and students arriving during WW2. They're not all Nazi spies, but some of them surely are. Insanity.

Here's a couple of innocent asylum seekers we let in. Their family was fleeing a "war torn" nation. Remember Boston anyone?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2c2566-a8e4-11e2-a8e2-5b98cb59187f_story.html

Tovahund and Big Biscuit like this.
  16. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm headed to the aiport early in the morning tomorrow and the TSA scares the shit out of me because they are so fucking retarded. SO retarded. I seriously don't want to fly anywhere. Not looking forward to it one bit.

Vic Tory and Beths Arab like this.
  17. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Wear a turban you'll be fine

Beths Arab, vaporizer and SlipperyVic like this.
  18. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    That is too much to ask of entitled assholes that look for an excuse to bitch and moan about everything.

Wahhhhh why cant i bring a knife on a plane. I have rights.

SouthernListen likes this.
  19. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    About 40 flights into the post 9/11 world, wife has never had a problem. They even found a pocket knife in her carry on bag when she borrowed one of mine and the guy let her toss it in the garbage and keep going.

Slow likes this.
  20. Teeney

Teeney My friends call me Lissette Gold

Reputations:
    lawyers to use twinkie defense