Civilized people vote and support a democracy, except when they lose the vote? Thousands of people have marched through London to protest against the referendum decision to leave the EU. Demonstrators at the "March for Europe" rally, organised on social media, held placards saying "Bremain" and "We Love EU". In the referendum on 23 June the UK voted to leave the EU, with 51.9% in favour of leaving and 48.1% supporting Remain. Critics said that those protesting who lost the vote were "having a tantrum". At the end of the two-mile route, protesters gathered in front of Parliament, and listened to speakers including Labour MP for Tottenham David Lammy, Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron, leftwing commentator and activist Owen Jones and musician Bob Geldof. Mr Geldof urged Remain campaigners to take to the streets, speak to their neighbours and work to stop the UK's exit from the EU. "We need to individually organise ourselves. Organise those around us and do everything possible within our individual power to stop this country being totally destroyed," he said. Pulp singer Jarvis Cocker also recorded a video message for the rally, holding up a world map and saying: "You cannot deny geography. The UK is in Europe." Mr Farron later tweeted: "Wow. So inspiring!!! Such amazing support for Britain in Europe today."