Bonnaroo 2012

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tish, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anyone in? Best weekend of my year every yr. Line up is up!!



Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Never mind

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  3. Chigs

Chigs The finest in the Nation VIP

Reputations:
    I would like to go for the Phish Radiohead Combo. Probably wont though. I went to the 1st three, and said I would never go again.

4. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have been to the last four and said I'll never go again. But every yr I survive the five days I feel like I accomplished something. And of course the great times. But even in a rv it is rough. It's only a hr from here so I'll go. I will have to post some pictures. Crazy ass shit going down.

5. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    Can you bring in your own food and booze or do you have to buy everything? I imagine that would get expensive.

6. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can bring anything in to the campgrounds besides glass. There's lots of drinking, eating and tripping etc going on. Once you get into centeroo they go through your bags. You can't bring liquids, coolers. Your allowed a few bottled waters. So people fill them up with vodka. That said the food is really really good for being on a farm. The beer is super expensive. And we buy the VIP pass that adds to it. But it's just amazing. Everyone is so happy it rubs off on you. There are college kids in bikinis up to 70 yr olds still jamming out.everyone shares what they have. No crime or rape etc. All the deaths have been heat related.

7. Chigs

Chigs The finest in the Nation VIP

Reputations:
    I can deal with the five days of camping, that is not really my issue. I just dont really like the direction the festival itself has gone since I stopped going in 04.

Im sure its still fun, but Im not hip on the indie rock turn its taken. While I enjoy indie rock, I would rather not see a bunch of bands in that sort of setting. I miss the days when it was still the jamband, improvisational style.

8. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    they are announcing new acts today. And it's the biggest jam band is three years.

9. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Got back from Roo tonight!!!!! So much fun. Radio head rocked. Nice weather. Great weekend!!!!

10. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Alllrighty then. No one. Cares. Weird board.I have all sorts of celeb info that's so funny.
    I don't cate either. Tried. Failed
    Good night!!

11. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I saw Radiohead 2 weeks ago and Phish last week. Would have been nice to see them down at Bonnaroo. Did some of the Phish Fests years ago. Not sure i have the big festivals in me anymore. Seriously considering Mountain Jam next year. Need to alot my work time carefully to fit it in.

12. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    I fucking hate radiohead.

But I would really like to attend a multi-day festival like that sometime.