Booey: "Howard put in the kind of time and preparation like ive never seen before"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by GaryPuppet, Sep 23, 2013.

1. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Booey and Jon Hein kissing Howard's ass as usual. :facepalm:

2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Sickening. I turned it off.

3. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  4. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Sounds to me like there's one more marble heist left to be had. Someone should do a photoshop of The Sting with Stern, Buchwald and Booey.

5. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ball-lapping for hanging out for half an hour. Yeah, Operation Marble Heist to get Howard his las SiriusXM contract is in full effect.

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    All hands on deck!
    Team Stern fighting for next Sirius contract!!!!

7. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    well he didn't ask them about their cocks but did ask a sound man who works with the band...Who's cock is bigger? "everybody wants to know that question"

8. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    They must have posted at least 5 times on Instagram this morning (sternshow), which is unprecedented. Prior to Howard going "all in", if we got 5 photos in 1 month that was a big deal. This all reeks of desperation. Anyway, I have been listening to Ellis during my commute home. I don't think he is as funny as Howard was in his prime, but he has hustle. He's trying.

9. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    That's what I think, too.

Pelican basically failed at television, again. Yeah, AGT was number one (in raw numbers) for its time slot, but the numbers are down. All network crap is down. But the point of hiring Pelican was to mitigate those losses. It appears the numbers did what they were going to do regardless.

I don't think Pelican is back on television next season. Not AGT and not much of anything else. And his appearance is even more bizarre than ever. His face is made for radio.

I think he's gunning for a new K, big time and I think he wants it to remain Sirius. Terrestrial is not the same, even if he wasn't an out of touch old Jewish woman, Pelican can't return to terrestrial. I think he's staying at Sirius and working out some kind of ISDN line thing where he has a studio in-house down in FL like Limbaugh.

10. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I agree with you on the relocation, but practically speaking, how is he going to make that happen? It's awfully difficult to break domicile, for tax purposes, with NY State. I am not a regular Rush listener, but doesn't Rush have his staff down in FL with him? I don't know how he breaks domicile with NY if his show is still based out of NYC, unless he hides behind the corporate veil of his production company. Do they move Booey and company to FL? I don't know how it could work. It's bad enough with Robin not in the studio.

11. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I love Ellis. If he just tones down the skateboarding and extreme sports stuff, he'd have the best show going.

12. sinicalypse

sinicalypse Active Member

Reputations:
    i'd love to see a proper terrestrial return because it'd be the end of the wig. the proverbial wig would be proverbially off because it'd expose that howard stern is a non factor and kill whatever future hopes howard had in the way of relevancy. i could see a little segment on a local TV news program in 2027 asking "whatever happened to howard stern? the one time self-proclaimed 'king of all media' left radio in 2005 to go to Sirius satellite radio and...."

quite frankly, howard needs sirius way more than he could ever let anyone know. they're the only people out there who will pay top dollar for this shit show, and 3 days a week at that?!? AHHAHAHAHA

howard has no desire to put in any work to make the show better. he won't entertain going 4 days, let alone 5, to try and rope new listeners into a daily morning habit of listening to stern..... that whole "listening to stern" buzz was a 90s thing that extended into and died out in the 2000s. whoever didn't check out by ~08 or thereabouts (whenever howard maxed out the subscriber # bonuses in his deal) certainly had to bail when artie left. i've personally been listening just to be there when the pinging noise starts spreading around the titanic, and now this thing's been taking on water for awhile and howard's literally doling out lifeboats by thinking up some gay stunt for his staff members (batman moustaches or whatever? don't even get me started on richard)

of course, since howard totally needs sirius he's going to try and slam them and break them and make them humble like the sheik cuz he doesn't wanna end up with a lowball/recession/retirement contract. has anyone ever worked out the math of how much sirius pays howard to put out one of these shows? it's gotta be ridiculous.... like each individual show is worth ~2-5mil to howard stern, eh? yeeeeeahhhh he's gonna give that up. mmhmm. he might as well broadcast from florida cuz that way he won't have to deal with all of the small people in the way like robin decided not to when she decided to get brave.

13. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I don't think he wants any part of terrestrial and ratings again. Almost all of his old affiliates flipped formats when he left, and THSS no longer would fit them, and at this point in his career no one is investing in him as a new venture. I don't think he could beat Imus anymore, Imus has actually picked up a lot of red state affiliates (and ratings) due to his association with Fox News.

14. Zyro

Zyro Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where would his staff go? To Florida, or would they stay in NY?

15. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I don't listen to Limbaugh, either. But we did have a guy named Boortz in Atlanta who did his show from FL in his last years. They made it work. Jay Thomas does his show from LA or NOLA or Charlotte most of the time, rarely being in NYC, and it works.

The problem for Pelican is his tv shit and staff that does "bits." Howard TV is probably dead under this kind of arrangement.

As for breaking domicile with NYC, it's as easy as claiming a permanent residence. I would think. I don't know NY rules or the NYC rules. But Pelican has access to some good accountants and tax attorneys to figure it out.

Hold on, WTF am I saying? This is a guy whose attorneys apparently can't read a contract well enough to know they lack a case.

16. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Well, Sirius/XM agrees with you, which is why they now have Sabean managing his upcoming channel

17. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    That's like asking Howard to back down on the cock talk.

18. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Howard TV IS dead. It's been announced. Signaling this is exactly what he's going to do.

19. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    My thoughts exactly, who's going to waste time listening to all of the commercial breaks PLUS 2-3 times a week? Him going back to Terrestrial Radio will be a bigger fail than his "edgy" contribution to AGT (Tongue firmly in cheek).

20. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Terrestrial radio wouldn't pay him 70 million a year to do a 2 day a week show. They wouldn't pay him half that to do his old
    5 hour, 5 day a week schedule. You can forget all about all the two week vacations as well. Complete non-starter. Can't happen.
    Like Howard and the lackeys would ever stand for something approximating full time employment.

Howard needs satellite a lot more than satellite needs Stern and terrestrial doesn't need him at all. He's a 90s relic, a literal has-been.
    Don't let the salary fool you. He's a has been. A wealthy has been, yes. But still a has been.