Booey Mumblings on The Wrap Up Show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheLACritic, Sep 10, 2015.

1. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I happened to listen to a few minutes of the Wrap Up Show today and boy does my head hurt. Gary's lack of preparation for the show is non-existent and logic is absent. I captured a portion of the offending dialogue below.

John: …retard or a lot of the other things that are pretty venomous in some of those songs, I’m talking just the songs not the Booey 25.

Gary: Right…

John: He can get under your skin. And Gary I know you spoke about it earlier in the week. But people keep talking about this. In, in a way it’s a tribute to you I feel because…

Gary: Which w…John, John which way is that?

John: Well, because everybody enjoyed it so much. It’s was so…flater.. you know, I think … it’s flattering to have anything dedicated to you for a month on the channel. I mean they renamed the channel after you.

Gary: But, but Why is it flattering to have anything re-named after you if it’s all negative?

John: Because It’s not.

Gary: Right, but I’m just saying. So let’s start with… It is flattering, listen to have the 25th anniversary Like I have no, I don’t sit there and oh my God I’m so sorry I said BabaBooey I think it’s hysterical. It’s a riot. I’m over it. If I was pissed at it for the first two months that’s like long gone, I’ve totally embraced that. So it’s the…it’s you know, you’re right. I, I, I’m more, if someone listens to it and go that Gary takes so much shit he’s such a character. That’s fine, that’s, that’s the best I could expect. But if somebody’s like that fucking guy. He’s such an asshole, I fucking hate him. Sal’s right he’s a fucking monkey that, that would bother me.

John: And rightfully so. But I think what gets under your skin to speak for you for a second is when people take particular glee in what you just said. You know, it’s like Yeah, Gary we love ya… but. Man, I loved hearing, and they fill in the blank with all sort of the meaner parodies.

Gary: Even that doesn’t bother me as much. It’s more like when you look on social media and people just parrot what someone else said. Like, uh, like you know, uh sitting here listening to the monkey, the bad breath monkey you know he’s the worst. And I’m like, well if you think I’m the worst, I can live with that. But If you’re just saying that because, you know, if you just re-tweeted what someone else said you know. You can get your own opinion.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    BeerCanThick, Mulletude, ARM and 5 others like this.
  2. Metalheavy19

Metalheavy19 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's he saying Robin.....Robin?!

3. Tracy

Tracy Little Miss Sunshine VIP

Reputations:
    They're still talking about that today? So every wrap up show this week they're gonna ask Gary how he felt about Booey 100? Wow talk about nothing to talk about :zcoffee:

BeerCanThick, JD's_Nuts, Icey and 9 others like this.
  4. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sal's right. He is a fucking monkey.

5. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Like the wrap up show isn't bad enough...

Icey, Mulletude and reno like this.
  6. Mugsy

Mugsy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :uscratch:

BeerCanThick likes this.
  7. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I looked at their Twitter poll question that they kept yakking about on the wrap up show. They had one response

8. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    You're goddam right!

The day Howard turned that simian into a Sacred Monkey (and stopped Sal from busting Booey's balls) was the beginning of the end for me and THSS.

Now, this past weekend's stupid special (I didn't listen to 1-second of it) is pissing the now High-And-Mighty King Gorilla off. Fuck him!

[​IMG]

9. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A bit of a stumble :grad:

MAC-HINE!

10. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What is the "wrap up show"?

Oh, you must be talking about The Live Howard Stern Wrap Up Show that Marci Turk invented. Okay.

11. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's really funny how they emphasize it's The HOWARD STERN Wrap Up Show but most days it has absolutely nothing to do with Howard or his show. It's usually some no-name guest co-host (who is supposedly a huge fan of Howard) babbling incoherently about his own career and opinions while Hein tries desperately to turn what's being said into some kind of compliment to Howard. Often the "big fan" co-host screws up and says something critical of Howard or exposes the fact that he actually hasn't listened to the show in years and Hein has to scramble to do damage control. The only humor or entertainment is purely unintentional, they completely ruined what was once a decent show.

JD's_Nuts, Icey, ARM and 8 others like this.
  12. bootyclause

bootyclause Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gary is known as the "good guy" of the show but I always found him to be annoying. I truly hate hearing his opinions on things, I don't really understand the programming decision to give him large chunks of air time each week.

BeerCanThick, JD's_Nuts, Icey and 6 others like this.
  13. Straight Edge

Straight Edge Member

Reputations:
    :winner:

BeerCanThick likes this.
  14. RoachCoachJokes

RoachCoachJokes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow I feel bad for the OP for having to listen closely enough to transcribe all that.

Your sacrifice is noted.

LA Critic, We Speak Your Name....

15. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It's amazing that someone with his lips and teeth is determined to talk so much.

16. GloriaGrace

GloriaGrace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Those are the ramblings of someone/people who is/are terrified of every word they speak for fear of incurring the wrath of the wigged bully.
    I put the show on yesterday for the first time in over a year and it was utterly unlistenable. It was an old show where Ronnie hosted some Rick's event and Wig and the gang were scrutinizing the tape of it. What it boiled down to was Wig was pissed-off that Ronnie had fun without him and didn't pay homage to the pathetic wigged freak. He expects any of his employees to constantly suck-up to him whether they are in his presence or not. What a despicable old fart. The treatment people permit and endure for the sake of a buck is astounding. It would be so much different if it was a fair fight, but he picks on the weak and those who lack the vocabulary or emotional strength to fight back.

17. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love it when Wiggy tells everyone else that swearing means they have "a poor command of the English language" but he rarely gets through a show without saying FUCK and uses every expletive in the book when he gets angry.

18. GloriaGrace

GloriaGrace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was going to say that (!). He spits out curse words with such venom, but when anyone else says anything, they're low class.

19. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Christ, this never goes out of style does it

Tatyana, BeerCanThick, Petal and 3 others like this.
  20. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Am I the only one that reads baba Booey in sour shoes impression in my mind now
    I mean that guy fucking nails Gary, it is unreal. I have baba bogeys voice in my head now as sour shoes not even his own.

reno, bznick and TheLACritic like this.