Shop Now At Amazon

BOR calls out Jimmy Kimmel for stealing from HSS #BZZZZzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shvoogie Button, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button New Member

Reputations:
    Back Office Radio had Wolfie on today to discuss his bit about making stuff up in the news and then asking people on the street for their reaction.

Then Will passively aggressively asked the rhetorical question, "Isn't that Jimmy Kimmel's bit?"

Kaplan snickered, Hehehehehe which translates to bwahahahha.

Am I insane or was the intention of this segment to call out Jimmy Kimmel?

If you don't watch Kimmel his new premier bit, his 'Jay Walking' if you will, is that exact bit mentioned above but called Lie Witness News.

Jason, Will and Wolfie: Please feel free to comment.

Bzzzzz

2. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howig obviously has no fucking balls to do it himself. I was surprised when the boys called him out.

3. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    does wiggy do any bits anymore? his show is the proverbial tree falling in the woods, does anyone hear it? wgaf, its funny on kimmel & people actually watch & know who he is.

i tried to get my 16yr old daughter to listen to a stern bit on youtube, she just rolled her eyes, was bored & left the room before it was over.

4. MGD

MGD Member

Reputations:
    Callers have raised this on multiple occasions. Howard always says it's fine with him and he doesn't want to talk about it because Jimmy is one of the only friends he has. My guess is it's not really fine with him. The fact that the watch dogs let these calls get through is a sign that Howard is trying to tell Jimmy to stop. If Will and Jason have the balls to talk about it on BOR after Howard said not to make it an issue mean one of two things. Howard is trying to give Jimmy a message that it pisses him off or Howard will be pissed at Jason and Will. Either way it should be interesting.

5. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:

kimmel is so above & over wiggy at this point...he idolized wiggy when he was young, then got to know him & has been embarrassed ever since.

6. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Active Member

Reputations:
    Is this a response to howie finding out that the way jimmy treats him is not "special". David Letterman got 10x the ball washing by kimmel on when he did Jimmy's show it seemed to me that sterted to dawn on howie he had been played.

7. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    kimmels a regular guy who likes to work & hang out with his friends, football parties, grillin, cooking etc. what normal guy with money would still be starstruck with a weirdo like wiggy the little girl at this point?

8. Teeney

Teeney Why meee??? Gold VIP

Reputations:
    Howard will not do anything about it. I am sure in his many many years of therapy the subject of his inability to maintain relationships has come up. To him it would almost feel like a failure to lose his friendship. Also Howard can see Jimmy's star rising while his star is fleeting. He will hang on to Jimmy no matter what.

9. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm 45 min into the BOR replay- they asked Kaplan how often he has sex w/his wife and he said "Let me think- well, maybe like once a week?"

Is it bcs of his obesity, or those confidence pills that kill your libido? Jesus Christ, who is a more damaged person: his poor wife or Ronnie's chick? Oh, the humanity.

10. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did Howard ever mention the recent Rolling Stone article that ranked Jimmy ahead of him on the comedy scale?

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    I think Howard may have given some clues into his new understanding of the "friendship" he has with Kimmel. He told one of his guests he thought he and Jimmie were really close, only to realize that Jimmie is the same way with EVERYONE.

I think he may have brought this up as a way of slowly distancing himself from claiming "bro" status with Kimmel, as his fawning over him in the past is embarrassing if he's only really an overgrown aquaintence.

Now that he's realizing Kimmel is lifting what he sees himself as the inventor of ony confirms that. Note, he never says "no, Jimmy did not steal that", he just tells the callers to lay off because Jimmy is a friend.

12. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town VIP

Reputations:
    Jimmy was in the studio one time reminding Howard the origins of "Win Fred's Money". That put an end to the who stole what conversation.

13. SouthernListen

SouthernListen PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Why wouldn't she? It's about as relevant in her generation as these were to ours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, that was kind of weird, hearing Howard talking to Joel McHale about how he thought Jimmy was his BFF....he came off as kind of pathetic, saying "came to find out he treats everyone like that", like it's a bad thing that Jimmy is friendly and has a lot of different friends. He still can't shake the need to be popular, with who he thinks are the cool folks... it's sad. :(

Now, Jimmy's full on A lister - vacationing with Jennifer Aniston, hanging out with Matt Damon.... wonder the last time he called his "idol" Howard. :dontknow:

15. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    He doesn't just need to be popular; he needs to be more popular. Jimmy treating Howard like a bro......................which he clearly has and still does.......................isn't enough for Howard; he wants Jimmy to treat him as his one and only Lord savior.

It's pathetic.

And as Jimmy's star rises so will Howard's demands, because, after all, Howard made Jimmy who and what he is. :rolleyes:

I don't know, but I guarantee you Howard feels "owed" and that he actually owns those celeb friendships Jimmy has, like they're all because of Howard in some bizarre way.

But when Jimmy DID part the red carpets for his ass Howard blew it; he just kept to himself and left early. :facepalm:

And can we please stop this myth that Howard invented anything? The only thing he invented was putting "homeless" or "lesbian" or "stripper" in front of an already established game show, which Jimmy, Leno, and Letterman aren't doing and have never done.

Howard did not invent talking to people on the street.

And even if Kimmel or Letterman ever cops/copped to stealing a Howard bit.................that he probably didn't even invent anyway................they're just humoring him, like the way you'd give a 3-year-old a piece of candy to stfu and go away.

If Howard was 1/100th the innovator he claims to be he'd have something going on right now. And his resume would look a lot better than a few T&A specials, a bullshit mediocre romantic comedy, "Son of a Beach!", and an idea for a remake of Porky's.

Fucking Porky's. :facepalm:

16. SchwoogieBuzzer

SchwoogieBuzzer Active Member

Reputations:
    When callers ask about Kimmel ripping him off, Howard responds with, "I have like no friends, please don't piss off Jimmy."

And to Shvoogie Button, it appears that I have ripped off your handle. It was unintentional. My apologies.

17. Shvoogie Button

Shvoogie Button New Member

Reputations:
    It is the Schwoogie or Shvoogie Buzzer but then Sal called it the Schwoogie or Shvoogie Button.

So it's all of them! We can never have enough buttons to press when 'they' walk in the store.

BZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............. ..........

[video=youtube;MW4TC9ceSB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW4TC9ceSB4[/video]