Boston 2024

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    thoughts on Boston 2024 hosting of the Olympics?

To me, I'd love to have the Olympics here, but there's no way there wouldn't be widespread corruption and embezzling... Torn.

Plus, why isn't mitt Romney involved? A friend of mine brought that up and it's a genius observation. Why would they not get involved with someone that ran a successful Olympic campaign?

scoobyla likes this.
  2. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    recall Mitt's dog kennel scandal. He's damaged goods.

Gusbuss and lestanyonethink like this.
  3. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    We don't want it, nothing but trouble. Imagine the traffic. Then the stadiums can look like Bejing by 2026.

AmishGirl, Honkey Donkey and ZevonFan like this.
  4. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe Mitt doesn't think he can get the federal government to donate hundreds of millions of dollars to fund it like Mitt asked them to do for the Utah olympics.

Gusbuss and Butters Stoch like this.
  5. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    The Olympics should only be in big cities

Cunt likes this.
  6. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It will be a disaster in Boston.

We have one of the most corrupt group of state politicaians in the nation.

Over-bloated. Over budget. Traffic nightmare for YEARS.

No thanks.

7. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. aquadog

aquadog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It would be a nightmare here! Too congested. No room for it. Even Fenway is crammed into a busy neighborhood.

FosterKitten and Honkey Donkey like this.
  9. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The Olympics are just as bad for an area as they are good. Unless you have a place with all the facilities already built, you'll have to build a bunch and right after the Olympics are finished, those facilities are left to rot.

10. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    I'm
    I'm for them coming, but the construction unions are foaming at the mouth with the sheer amount of corruption they're about to unleash.

They had a debate with 2 pro-Olympic people and two anti. The pro Olympics person displayed zero fiscal responsibility, requires that Massachusetts signs a contract to guarantee that overruns will be paid for through tax dollars and will not support any sort of limits on these overruns. His only defense was that they will competitively bid the contract. All it'll take is for the corrupt Union to completely low bid it, then slap change order upon change order on it. Since there's zero limits and a guaranteed pay day, a LOT of pigs will be at the trough.

In not for the Olympics unless they limit the overrun guarantee

Head Censor and maroon like this.
  11. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Boston sports fans would rather harass a loser than celebrate a winner, could make for some interesting stadium crowds.

12. Winston Leg-Thigh

Winston Leg-Thigh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It might be kinda fun to see someone challenge the illustrious Chappaquiddick 50 meter freestyle record.

Bubbleguts420, ohmicah, JFK and 6 others like this.
  13. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I wouldn't want the Olympics within 500 miles of me, so ya boston, I hope you get it, you deserve it. let the games begin, :D it will be fun to watch the corruption and mismgt from afar.:cool:

14. maroon

Reputations:
    a guarantee wont do a fucking thing...gov has no oversight when shit goes south in the middle of a project, they just look the other way and sign off, taxpayers will cover it. Olympics are such a historic fucken financial disaster, wtf are those politico egos thinking, dumbasses. jesus christ

15. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    They touted that the last 4 U.S. Olympics were profitable.

The govt has no oversight. Mass is worse than most. The dems run everything with supermajority power. If the gop governor vetoes, the state congress overrides it. The auditors office has been dem for decades. They won't investigate democrat overruns. They'll just use the gop governor as a scapegoat.

Still. If love them here. Just with the Feds would step in and mandate a limited guarantee.

maroon likes this.
  16. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why wouldn't people in Massachusetts want the Olympics? Huge projects in Massachusetts always run efficiently. I mean the Big Dig was supposed be completed in 1998 and cost about $2.8 billion. It had a few slight delays and cost overruns and was completed in 2007 and cost $14.6 billion (and let's not forget that it was started in the 80s so if you factor in inflation it was $22 billion).

I actually have friend who was a traffic engineer in Boston about a decade ago and he went four months billing 8 hours a day at $150 an hour to be a back up to the back up traffic engineer on a portion of the Big Dig. So in other words if the main traffic engineer for a certain part of the project was busy and his back up was also busy, my friend would get the call. So basically my friend got paid four four months to surf the Internet and billed the state of Massachusetts approximately $96,000 for that (he only got to see about 1/3 of that himself). I think he said he got called to a job site about dozen times in four months and each time was only one to three hours of time. He said there were a lot of people getting paid to be on call like that in other capacity getting paid to do absolutely nothing.

I know the Pro-Olympic people are saying the taxpayers won't pay a dime other than for infrastructure, but I guarantee you it will cost the tax payers tens or hundreds of millions when everything is said and done.

BethSucks, maroon and ZevonFan like this.
  17. ZevonFan

ZevonFan VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Big Dig was the epitome of corruption. It went on forever. We can't even fix our infrastructure here, so where is this money gonna come from? We have potholes in the roads that you could bury murdered bodies in, for crying out loud. Anywhere but here. TIA.
    Oh, Mittens Romney isn't "around" because he only lives here when he has something he wants to push people into doing, like voting for him. Carpetbagging POS.

aquadog and maroon like this.
  18. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't forget they just figured out that the MBTA system has been grossly mismanaged due to the horrible winter and probably cost the tax payers hundreds of millions. Nothing is run right in Massachusetts.

RonHeinzkaboot, maroon and ZevonFan like this.
  19. ZevonFan

ZevonFan VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Right. Can't forget that debaucle during the endless winter. Thanks!

maroon likes this.
  20. maroon

Reputations:
    I love it when liberal states have to eat their own cooking, bring those Olympics home for us mass. taxpayers. I'm glad it will be in our timezone as I watch from the couch 1000 happy miles away:D
    politico egos always override fiscal responsibility at the taxpayers expense. maybe you can get a dead kennedy as the mascot.

kingship and RonHeinzkaboot like this.