Bottom Line: Is Howard Stern a "good" person?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by gyp rosetti, Feb 3, 2013.

1. gyp rosetti

gyp rosetti New Member

Reputations:
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD] We all have our opinions on the current state of the show.
    We all have varying opinions on his wife,friends,clothes & hair.
    But strip that all away and lets look at the basic 59 year old man.
    The person behind the personality.
    Is Howard Allan Stern a "good" person,a "bad" person or like most of us a combination of both?

I think he is a cunt.
    [/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard brought three kids in to the world and was married to an intelligent attractive woman that had stayed with him through all the hard times of his career building. When he achieved success he checked out on that marriage and the responsibilities of being a parent by hanging out in his basement with Ralph and chatting with other women on Compuserve. As soon as he had milked the money out of "Private Parts", the love story for his wife, they split up with three young kids at home and he took up residence in Manhattan. Before you know it, he had taken up with a young bimbo that "coincidentally" had tried out for a role in his failed sitcom. That's one example of how this greedy, soulless man has chosen to live his life.

3. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :giggle: this thread :giggle:

is he a good person

:backlol2:

4. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    good people do selfless acts on occasion, name a few Howard has done, and let's throw out donating money to charity, it has to be something he put thought into and had to carry out himself.

5. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    He said "thank you" to a seal. How bad a guy can he be?

Forget that his staff lives in poverty while he lives a lavish lifestyle.

6. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If there was a dollar on the ground that wasn't his, he wouldn't pick it up. :no:

He'd make Ronnie do it.:hhh:

7. dalecooper

dalecooper Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He bought his addict employee a case of liquor as a gift. Not fancy liquor, just the stuff you get from a grocery store.

8. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    He is not a bad guy or a particularly good guy. He seems a decent person and does give to charity without advertising. What is disingenuous about charitable contributions is when he "donates" the Howard Stern Experience, where you get to sit in on the how or wus and may be get to interact for 5-10 minutes. If ever there was a zero sum or effort donation is when celebrities offer these "experiences". Yes they raise a lot of money, but there is absolutely no effort required by the individual. I remember when Howard's best friend Chevy and his were thanking each other for these wonder donations, which other people paid for......

Also, while I will note it is less and less discussed, NSAL and animal charities are sad when they are your most important cause.

Howard seems like a good guy, but there are always little things one questions about him.

9. meanredhed

meanredhed Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I think this pretty much sums up how much of a cunt he is.

10. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Before Christmas he offered to buy Scott that perfect game bowling ring and I thought holy shit, that's actually nice of him to do that. After Christmas Howard bitched about it on air and made it about him. Fucking asshole.

11. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    How is this even up for question? He loves nothing more than pushing vulnerable people (Artie and Hank of course, but even people like JD) off the edge.

EDIT: I may have jumped the gun on this one. Let me try to think of something positive to say. Ummmm, nope, I can't think of anything.:hat:

EDIT: I'll take this opportunity to plug my earlier thread on the subject, in case someone missed it. ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  12. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:
    He made his billions wishing cancer and death on others, making fun of other people's children and exploiting those with physical and especially mental challenges. Of course, he is a good person. :facepalm:

13. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You'd think they would at least manage to have the year of their 'first meeting' in sync. The exact date of their fateful, South African-filled, Mercer Kitchen dinner party (conveniently having no witnesses in this continent) is sometimes 1999, sometimes 2000 & soon-to-be post-9/11. 1st rule of lying, Howard -- get your story straight!

14. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard brought three kids in to the world and was married to an intelligent attractive woman that had stayed with him through all the hard times of his career building. When he achieved success he checked out on that marriage and the responsibilities of being a parent by hanging out in his basement with Ralph and chatting with other women on Compuserve. As soon as he had milked the money out of "Private Parts", the love story for his wife, they split up with three young kids at home and he took up residence in Manhattan. Before you know it, he had taken up with a young bimbo that "coincidentally" had tried out for a role in his failed sitcom. That's one example of how this greedy, soulless man has chosen to live his life.

You'd think they would at least manage to have the year of their 'first meeting' in sync. The exact date of their fateful, South African-filled, Mercer Kitchen dinner party (conveniently having no witnesses in this continent) is sometimes 1999, sometimes 2000 & soon-to-be post-9/11. 1st rule of lying, Howard -- get your story straight!

15. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    Lying manipulator who's under the delusion he owed something MORE, by everyone. He's shit.

16. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    I won't participate in this thread with the exception of the one comment as don't want it to even be insinuated that I'm trolling...
    It's not even remotely my intention here. However, I couldn't let this comment go without a response.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as long as you are fully aware that it's nothing but that, opinion.

Millions of couples get divorced when they have young children for a myriad of reasons. And outside of radical right wing (usually religious zealots), people understand that in many cases it's not only a good thing for the parents but the kids as well in the long run. That doesn't mean divorce is easy or that it's "good" per say, but if the parents love their kids and understand their responsibilities, they'll do their best to get them through the split.

To insinuate that Stern abandoned his family and was delinquent in his responsibilities as a father because he split with the wife and moved out is far from a well thought out conclusion. The fact is none of us know what kind of parents Stern or his ex-wife are. Howard could be a selfish, soulless prick and Alison could be a saint or it could be the other way around...No one knows other than the Stern family and their friends.

As for the argument that he was "hanging out in his basement with Ralph talking to women on Compuserve" as proof he was a bad father, I find it more than interesting . It's funny that Stern fans who now have nothing but negative things to say about him have a selective view of the man. They believe some of the things he has said on air (when it fits their argument) are true but then call him a huge liar when it suits their purpose. Sorry but you can't have it both ways, especially when it comes with a celebrities personal life, since it's something you'll never know unless you're personally involved with the individual.

Is he greedy or a generous man? None of us will ever know. What I do know is that many generous people who give to charity never advertise their work.

So is Stern a "soulless man" or a saint? I just don't care...And this is from a huge Stern fan since WNBC.
    All I care about is if the show is any good and there have certainly been highs and lows there over all these years.
    But I will always remember the great shows and terrific laughs from the Stern show regardless of how much the current product is a shell of the original.

Ok, please go back to talking about things you don't know about and have fun...:hat:

17. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    He fearlessly continued to broadcast on 9/11.
    Not only is he a good person, I argue he is a hero!

18. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    This radical Stern agnosticism shtick is lame. You obviously love the guy, and you're troubled by people in this forum not sharing your opinion of him. So why not just admit it, and start bashing the haters like they are bashing your hero? I'm relatively new here, but I'm pretty sure that's the Dawg's spirit.:beer:

19. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    especially when it's not a real animal charity, such as the ASPCA, but rather a front for millionaires to throw parties, pay themselves money and play with puppies and kittens once in a while.

20. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stern is an evil guy.