Entertainment "Boycott 'Star Wars VII'" Movement Launched

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Abner Devereaux, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Boycott 'Star Wars VII'" Movement Launched; Movie Called "Anti-White"
    [​IMG]
    Walt Disney Studios
    read one tweet from an account calling itself "End Cultural Marxism." (A subsequent tweet from the same account read "A friend in LA said #StarWarsVII is basically 'Deray in Space,' " — a reference to civil rights activist DeRay Mckesson. "Jewish activist JJ Abrams is an anti-white nut.")

Another Twitter account, calling itself "Captain Confederacy," similarly griped that"SJWs [Social Justice Warriors] complain about White artists 'misappropriating' culture created by blacks but then celebrate a non-White Star Wars." Yet another complaintread that the movie should be boycotted "because it's nothing more than a social justice propaganda piece that alienates it's core audience of young white males."

A Twitter account named after the hashtag has been set up to promote the hate-filled hashtag and retweet comments posted using it.

Ignoring the fact that, while hardly a bastion of cultural diversity, even the earliest Star Wars movies featured leads of color (James Earl Jones voiced Darth Vader through the entire original trilogy, and Billy Dee Williams's Lando Calrissian joined the series with the second installment, The Empire Strikes Back), it should be noted that this isn't the first time that the more closed-minded Star Wars fans have been vocal about increased representation of minorities in the franchise; author Chuck Wendig responded to some homophobic fans upset at his inclusion of an openly gay Imperial officer in the novelStar Wars: Aftermath by imploring them to "stop being the Empire." (Wendig has also responded to the current situation.)

On social media, other Star Wars fans have responded in defense of the new movie:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/boycott-star-wars-vii-movement-833102?facebook_151019

Mike Huntslooce and stash like this.
  2. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...fuck star wars. i waited in line for hours in the hot summer sun for the drive in to open when the first movie came out. about a half hour in i was livid and tracked down the drive in manager and got my money back and left. dumbest movie ever for all the hype leading up to it.

Chatsworth and Horrorillogium like this.
  3. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think I'd rather just boycott the boycott movement.

4. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    #whitepeoplesproblems

5. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah this is going to have a big effect. Its amazing how pathetic people are now you have to be offend by everything. Country of pussies

6. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

7. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...the mothah fuckers cant swim what makes you think theyre gonna be space travelers?

8. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    What if all the storm troopers were blacks? Would that really be a anti-white message?
    I mean the death star was kind of a corporate slaveship planet, we always assumed it was manned by underpaid, indentured subcontractors and not "inhabitants" like other planets. I kind of see the DeathStar like Qatar, a place where slavery is sanctioned and accepted by the outside world. Would advance civilizations in space need homogeneity not diversity? That's why Lando and Han Solo were the outsiders they were not conformist.

9. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...im heavily clung onto reality.

The Jackie chair likes this.
  10. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
  11. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shoehorning blacks into traditionally white or non-ethnic movies and tv shows just to be PC is fucken bullshit and ruins them. White people never complain about all the shit on BET that are black and all the shit unwatchable black sitcoms on TBS...

Evil Bimba, KDK12, Cunt and 6 others like this.
  12. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    other than lando were there any black guys in the first 3?

I only remember 2 women in the first 3 as well...princess fisher and the chick in charge of the briefing everyone before the attack.

13. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What the fuck, I thought stormtroopers were all clones of Jango Fett.

14. William Shirtner

William Shirtner Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is this about Jar Jar?

Mulletude likes this.
  15. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    I don't know about anti-white but the main actor sure seems lame. He always has that dumb look on his face with his lower jaw sticking out and giant nostrils flaring... the hell?

[​IMG]

Evil Bimba, KDK12, Vagineer and 6 others like this.
  16. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    I wasnt gonna watch the shit anyway. :dontknow:

17. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:

18. trent Johnson

trent Johnson Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The lead in a Star Wars movie can't be black. I have no problem enjoying a movie with a black lead but Star Wars is completely different. This is blantant propaganda after JJ Abrams claimed that the Emmy's were "too white" and wanted more diversity. I fully support this boycott. There has been a trend to erase traditionally white characters and I have had enough. All of the movies where they replaced the white actors have bombed also. I hope this is no different.

People of color should just try to start their own shit rather than wanting to be apart of the white people's creations.

Evil Bimba, RockNRolla, KDK12 and 8 others like this.
  19. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I saw a list of actors on the IMDb and it looked like there are a lot of black storm troopers . You you might be right . Maybe they will add the third lead in the second movie like they did with lando and make him a white dude . To be honest I did notice that a black dude and a broad were the leads but it won't stop me from watching . In a world where we are told we have to call Bruce Jenner , her you have to expect this kind of thing from Hollywood liberals . I don't see them adding Asians in the mix and there are more of them than anyone . So it's all horse shit .

Shadoe Stevens likes this.
  20. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    Wow, there's a lot of racism on this hashtag. Who would do this? Horrible, Robin

[​IMG]