Brad Driver is Back?!?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Ed, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    When Steve Langford "left" Howchie100 News last year, I believe Brad Driver, the News Director, also left. (At the time, both Lisa G and Shuli mentioned "positions" open within the News Team.)

We didn't hear a word about the News Director from before then, until just yesterday. During Tuesday's News update with Jon Lieberman, out of the blue, Jon mentions "the News Director" (I yell out "Who replaced Brad?"), and a bit later, Jon mentions Brad Driver by name.

Was he on a leave of absence? Could he not get a better job, so Howchie hired him back? Was it a suspension? What the fuck happened?

Whatever happened, here's betting we won't hear about it on THSS.

2. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I thought Lisa had still mentioned him from time to time. What mystifies me is that so many people can earn a salary from that little in-joke they call a "news department". It's great theater to let it go on this long, but 3-5 full time employees? Really?

3. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    Thinking about it, they probably hired him back as part of the AGT propaganda campaign. Someone needs to coordinate the fake stories and the on the scene, as Howchie's being filmed, reporting, backstage, as they plug the fuck out of AGT. Brad's salary might be being paid by AGT. Wonder if the propaganda news team got raises, since their work load is about to skyrocket?

4. STR

STR New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    i never knew brad left...i thought he was always there?

5. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    Putz Howie won't pay comedy writers but hires a
    bad driver & a slew of HowardNews 'reporters'? :dontknow:

6. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think Brad ever left. I followed the news of Randy Michaels foray into Merlin Media due to his ties to Bubba (from the Jacor days), and I don't recall Brad's name ever coming up.

7. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
  8. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    On a related note, when Beff was ruining the show the other day, they were talking about that gay dude who hasn't fucked in like 30 years. They brainstormed for a minute, trying to figure out whose shit to get on his dick. Beff immediately threw out the initials "BD" and my mind went straight to Brad Driver.

9. Iceman32

Iceman32 Member

Reputations:
    Absolutely ridiculous isn't it! :facepalm:

10. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    He probably couldn't find other work, can you imagine turning in a resume that stated:

2005-2011: News director at H100 news - responsible for reporting on and creating stories revolving around staff fights and the lives of various disabled, mentally handicapped and just plain stupid losers. All relevant stories surrounding the main show players must either be effusively glowing or ignored so as not to bruise their tender egos.

11. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    Next that Dexter dude will be working in Miami
    as a blood guy for the police

12. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, if the Iraqi Information Minister couldn't get a job, there's no way a non-entity hack like Brad Driver could. Then again, as I suggested before, since Howchie's Propaganda team is gearing up for their AGT campaign, they need a Director of Propaganda to coordinate their assignments. Maybe no one (else) would apply for the job (didn't want to risk their careers), so Brad took the job back, as he was already contaminated?

Still, I wonder. After not mentioning his name, or his job title since he left (October, 2011), why do they suddenly bring his name or job title up 7 times within 2 days? They made sure he was mentioned on both THSS and on TWUS. There must have been some reason for this. Two explanations which readily come to mind are:
    1. damage control - they have plans for him in the future, and are priming the pump by mentioning him, early on
    2. since they've rehired him, they might as well get some air time out of him, but they can't mention he's been gone for 4 months, so they'll just pretend he's been there, all along

Found another mention of him on Wikipedia:
    Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Howard_Stern_Show_staff

"According to sources at Sirius/XM, Driver resigned the position effective October 8, 2011."
    - someone with Wiki edit rights will need to update this page to say he was mysteriously rehired on Jan 30th, 2012.

Brad's departure was never officially announced, on either THSS or on TWUS, although the fact that there were "multiple open positions" within the "news team" was alluded to a couple of times. I had assumed that Tim would take the $ and job title, delegating any actual directorial work back to the "news team" itself ("settle your issues amongst yourselves"), but I guess things got too much for him. At this point, AGT is probably becoming Tim's worst nightmare.

Still... there's something naggingly wrong about this. When has Howchie ever put up with someone quitting, without whining about it on the air, and why would Howchie allow them to hire Brad back? Desperation is the only thing which comes to mind. Might Brad have threatened to do some sort of expose or tell all if he wasn't hired back? But, why did he resign in the first place? Was it related to Steve Langford's departure? Howchie did talk about Langford going over to that news radio station, but didn't mention Brad.

Who investigates the Howchie100 News staff? Page 69?!? Did Brad ask to come back, or did Tim/Howchie ask him?

So many questions, nothing but lies from HowchieCo.

13. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He actually reported on one story some time back from LA for Howard.....forgot what it was, but found it odd that it was rumoured to have left...