Stern Show Brandano dating Marci Turk and other Stern Show gossip

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by CrazyPatSherill, Sep 24, 2016.

1. CrazyPatSherill

CrazyPatSherill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There is a guy on Reddit who seems to have a friend who works on the show. His screenname is "ASiriusProblem". He's been mentioned here before. He has tons of great Stern Show gossip- many things he said happened over the last couple of years turned out to be true, including the firing of Lisa G. He broke the news on Reddit the weekend it happened. Here are some juicy tidbits:

Yes, Marci is dating Steve Brandano- It has actually led to complaint to Sirius HR over Brandano getting preferential treatment.

Jon Hein is unhappy and was suspended for a time from wrap up- "He bashes the show a lot. Bitches about the horrible booking of guests (this goes back 8-10 years worth of complaining) and lately it's the lame bits. He's resentful for the time his on air hosting privileges were taken away and given to Leiberman. This was done as punishment and him being briefly suspended for letting a conversation happen on the wrap up show that he shouldn't have let go down." Also, the staff resents Hein for contributing nothing creatively to the show. Here is another quote from

ASiriusProblem on Hein's suspension- "I was told it's because Katharine McPhee was on the wrap up show and someone called in asking about her banging Mary McCormack's husband. Mary called Gary or Howard screaming about letting the call come in and Jon not stopping the conversation. Jon H's hosting duties were taken away from him and the next day is when Leiberman started hosting it for the week. I heard Jon H just sat in the back office moping like a baby while Leiberman took over the hosting duties."

Chuck Zito has been banned from the show- "Zito showed up at the birthday show without an invite. Ross Zapin told the doormen and SIRIUS staff not to let him in. He even hid behind the door so Chuck wouldn't see him - he didn't have the balls to go out and tell Chuck why. Shortly after Chuck left, Ross and his crew were out on the street handing out tickets to anyone walking by."

The ban on talking to Artie is real- ASiriusProblem claims that a big meeting was held where Gary told the entire staff that talking to former staff members is now forbidden. This really happened, not just paranoia on Artie's part. "Apparently after the news of Jon H being suspended got leaked, the shit hit the fan and everyone was screamed at. Now that the news of Marci dating Brandano is starting to come out and that Marci is in trouble with HR, they are scrambling for damage control. I was told Gary is the one that did the threatening and everyone is terrified because they know that Howard is vindictive."

Scott the Engineer lost his space- "Kicked out of his office AKA the "Black cloud diner". Now has a small corner in the old TV room that he shares with 5-6 other people. Per Marci to separate him and Ronnie and to put him in line after he complained a lot."

Morale is at an all time low and people hate working there- High Pitch Mike and Tracy Millman both quit without having other jobs first because they were so miserable. There was a time on the show when no one would ever quit.

A bit of the story on why HTV went away with no replacement- "I posted this a while ago (will tack on some additional Marci info at the end) - I've been told this from someone involved with iN Demand / HTV: 1) regarding the budget for HTV, Howard took 95% of it and everyone had to make do with the rest. That includes salaries and money for shoots, equipment... 2) when the contract was ending, no one else wanted HTV. Howard and Don were demanding too much 3) Don fucked up BIG TIME and missed a line in Howard's SIRIUS contract renewal from 5 years ago. It said that if HTV is not picked up or renewed, SIRIUS then owns the broadcast video rights. Letting that clause in screwed Howard and SIRIUS basically has him by the balls - that's why you still don't see any HTV replacement. The buzz is that Don messed up big time by not catching that line in the contract. Regarding Marci, she and no control over HTV, Doug and how he ran the ship with his employees and she didn't like that one bit. Everyone on the radio side is & was terrified of her, the TV guys from what I hear were not."

2. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. guruhugz

guruhugz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The show is over and has been for years. There is only a small audience for the live shows.

4. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Since we're talking about Howard I just checked his Twitter out of curiosity and what the hell are these #mythreecents tweets?

Does he have dementia now?

5. Donkey Patrol

Donkey Patrol The Mouthy One Gold

Reputations:
    He stole the idea from Larry King, he is just doing it to be an asshole basically

6. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard wanted to make fun of Larry King's tweets...he failed...it was not funny...

7. Donkey Patrol

Donkey Patrol The Mouthy One Gold

Reputations:
    Hey OP, who was Robin making reference to about not working there anymore?

Any clues?

8. rogmar

rogmar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's no way that dweeb Brandano is dating that woman.

9. Skycoaster

Skycoaster Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Brandano Stardust...

10. oldpaddy

oldpaddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Now this is a post!
    :clap: Kudos to you for a great job!
    I'm surprised by Hein, I thought he had drunk the Kool aid. Who knew he has balls?

What the hell happened over there???

11. bobblebooey

bobblebooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  12. Woof

Woof Liver Shots? VIP

Reputations:
    Well.....tweeted to Brandano and asked if he was Marci Turk's bitch.....And if she Pegs him.

If there is a response,it will be interesting.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  13. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    he's having a little fun with the king tweets for sure
    I gotta admit that larry king---I don't know if he's trying to be funny or not
    but it's so silly it's funny

lovetalkradio and Ba Ba Boolio like this.
  14. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :cwl:

SternsEgo likes this.
  15. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Why ban Chuck Zito?

lovetalkradio, babybear and oldpaddy like this.
  16. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    :KJJ:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

17. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's not evolved

larry Darrel, Wiggie, baci and 13 others like this.
  18. hugh jasol

hugh jasol white trash on dope Gold

Reputations:
    Great post! The part I highlighted above - did you mean to type is forbidden? As in there is to be no contact with the Artie's, Jackies etc of the former Stern Show world?

19. Phil McKrakin

Reputations:
    "zip it, snipe"

babybear likes this.
  20. Phil McKrakin

Reputations:
    ^^ ezolved^^