Breaking Bad Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DBo, Aug 19, 2013.

1. DBo

DBo New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I thought it may be pretty important to post up a thread that allows for discussion without the spoilers. Seems pretty necessary since everybody is on a different page with this series and it's popularity on Netflix.

I just finished watching I think episode 6 of season 2. While the show seemed pretty slow to start, it's getting fucking gooooooooooooood. It was nice to see Jesse's human side again, dealing with the junkies' kid.

While it's hard to discuss a show such as this one without spoiling anything, please try and spoiler tag any spoilers that may be posted. While there is the weekly Breaking Bad thread, I've been too afraid to click it in fear of spoiling something. I have a feeling some others catching up may feel the same.

So where are you and what has been your favorite scene up to date?

Also, while there are a mass amount of threads surrounding Breaking Bad, the only one that hadn't had many spoilers was the anticipatory S6 thread. That seemed to die down once the weekly viewing threads popped up but it'd be nice to discuss some of this with all the other Breaking Baddies on the forum.

2. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    my favorite scene in season three is when walt comes home and catches jessie and skylar making out. another good one is in the same season, when his son mumbles shits himself trying to get to the crapper in a restaurant. walt saw a waiter laugh, so he sent a dude to follow him home and rough him up. the guy then held him at gunpoint and said he'd kill him if he didn't shit himself right there. oh, and when badger dies is fucked up. pretty gory for tv.

3. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    My favorite scene is from the 13th episode of Season 5 when Hank and Walt are taking a shower together and Walt drops the soap.

4. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    We already knew that.... Mine is when Walt blows up the meth lab with a fart

5. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gus committing suicide was probably the biggest mindfuck of any season so far. Never saw it coming.

By the way, "F.U." to Netflix johnny-come-latelies and bandwagon jumpers only just now starting into the show because of hype.

--There from the beginning, "bitches."

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  6. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:

7. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    If things were your way, the show would've been canceled. It's precisely because of all the netflix viewers that the season 5 premiere numbers were DOUBLE the previous season premiere.

8. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
    I'm not saying Netflix wasn't a factor. It was.

But Netflix had Breaking Bad last year and the year before.

Yet Breaking Bad never surpassed 3 million viewers until last week, when it had nearly 6 million viewers.

9. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Well, the Gus Fring finale probably really had people all :eek:

10. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
  11. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...I feel like people that don't have cable like to brag a bit about Netflix. I get it cable is expensive. Netflix is a cheap trick.

12. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I fucking LOVE netflix streaming.

13. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...I love cable. no restrictions. Netflix has 0.0 hbo content, I heard the kevin spacey show on netflix wasn't very good and now orange is the new black is a cheap trick to throw some tits on the screen so everybody will say "yaaaay Netflix". I have a friend that would rather cut off his arm than to pay for cable and got Netflix for his kid and he likes to tell me how great Netflix is because its the only thing he has to watch besides what he steals off the internet. if his ip is ever asked to turn over his name hes screwed. im getting tired of the tv struggle cause you either pay thru the nose or twist and turn with Netflix ruku etc etc. ive thought about turning everything off and becoming a Tibetan monk.

14. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I love all the foreign films and documentaries (especially the ones about space and the universe) in addition to all the tv series (the entire Star Trek catalog, etc.).

I could watch nothing but netflix all weekend long. :jj:

15. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...I already sawr star trek when it aired the first time. :grouch: Im not a foreign films kind of guy but if you want to see a good one look for Un prophete (a prophet) from 2009. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1213205-prophet/

16. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Orange/Black is good to very good and House of Cards is excellent. I don't put all stock in Emmy awards but 9 nominations for HoC has to say something.

17. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...ok I believe you I haven't seen either one.

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    And I loved Orange is the New Black. Check it out.

19. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...I just looked at Netflix content, if I had a young kid at home maybe id subscribe to this but for orange black and hoc im not feeling motivated. breaking bad might make it worth it by itself but I already have amc and boardwalk empire coming up that's also a show I like. I don't like paying they cable company, they eat their young, but I get content that's current. theres no winning when you have to pay to watch tv. http://movies.netflix.com/WiHome

20. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...I can get it from my friend ill read some reviews see if I want to see it.