Breaking: Jon Hein is considering quitting....Geektime.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  2. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    I care so little I am about to pass out

3. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Please god make it so. I actually like that show except when that gump motherfucker opens his mouth with the trademark awkwardness.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  4. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Next up, he needs to quit The Wrap Up Show, Fast Food Show, What's Worth Watching, and that homo-erotic "Sports" show he does with Booey on occasion.

5. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    Cant listen to it right now, but is it because of that new fast food show he has?

I would think he probably doesnt get paid for geektime. Shocking that someone would quit that for "marbles." he probably wont get tons of cash, but i would imagine that anything makes more money than doing a show for howard.

The real question is: how mad would howard get?

6. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    Wow Kaplin is such a fuckin baby! I love it.

7. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When he never answere Benjy's question yesterday...I knew it was just a matter of time.

8. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In other breaking news, I just took a shit.

9. Morning Wood

Morning Wood New Member

Reputations:
    "I was too busy not giving a shit..." - Artie Lange

10. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
  11. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

:jj:

12. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:

What question Ruff? Im not familiar.

13. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He asked Jon if he WANTS to do the show..... and was interrupted by Booey and the Supremes.

14. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Now if Ralph would quit It would be a good show

15. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:
    :lol:

16. Ipecac

Ipecac New Member

Reputations:
    is this because someone insulted him on it, so he's deciding to quit?

that seems to be his MO, remember when he was offended that he didn't initially get asked to do the Superfan trivia game, so then refused when they asked him later?

17. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I am glad that Kaplan had the balls to call Hein out on his being on every fucking show. I am sure that Kaplan was also speaking for other guys in the office that resent the fact that Hein probably makes more in regular salary than all of them for doing nothing except TWUS and then gets paid to do Geektime, What's Worth Watching, Fast Food Show, etc.

My other theory is that Hein does all of these shows for free because he doesn't need the money and just does it to suck Howard's dick and be in his good graces.

18. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I hope to hell Jason doesn't let him back on GT when when his food show fails. How many shows are already on that speak about fast food? Adam Richman's show that took all the eating challenges was the only interesting one, and he doesn't take the challenges anymore or the show was canceled. Hein eats plain burgers. No veggies, no sauce on side. The show can't help but be a rehash on how great the meat tastes week after week after week.

19. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    There are plenty food and travelogue shows in which the host is never seen eating or drinking the wares. I'm not interested in his show, but I don't think his plain burger fetish is a real problem.

20. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only to the extent of his own job security. Your theory isn't bad in the sense its based on the Hein we hear which is off the charts yes-man, never disagreeing with anyone higher up the foodchain or having any contrarian opinion in any matter that doesn't directly involve stuffing his face or watching TV, but make no mistake John Hein is all about John Hein.

The reason he's wormed his way into so many "shows" on Sirius is due to the delusions of grandeur. He thinks that by making himself prolific he's making himself indispensible. A pure opportunist. And god bless him for trying but he's dull as fucking paint, as painful and awkward to watch in front of a camera as Stephen Hawking on dancing with the stars.

In his mind he's the next undiscovered Seacrest and believes all the lateral movements are increasing his profile. He actually believes he should be the host of a primetime TV show, not unlike spotlight chasers Rachel Fine and BethO but at least their presence on camera isn't completely fucking jarring.

This is no exaggeration, if we go back to 2006 when Mr. Hein sold "Jump The Shark" (a moniker stolen from his college roommate to begin with) website and trademark to TV Guide parent company Gemstar, one of his conditions for the sale was a one-time appearance on a TV show (not unlike an Eric the Midget demand), so they begrudgingly crowbarred him into one of those red carpet pre-shows on the TV Guide Channel, kind of pushed off to the side like a sad bean bag but next to a fairly attractive woman. This was absolutely hilarious to witness in its pure awkwardness, out of place doesn't even begin to describe it.

And Artie, god bless him, for all his faults was the only one willing to highlight the lunacy of Hein's TV appearance and rail him. Artie was awesome in that no matter how self-medicated he was trying to cope with being stuck in a studio with talentless hacks and bores, if you were a no talent he saw right through, and he saw through Hein.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012