BREAKING NEWS: Led Zeppelin, the greatest band of all time....

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by koam, Sep 13, 2012.

1. koam

koam Playa' Pimp

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Led Zeppelin will release a film version of its 2007 reunion gig at the end of November. Titled "Celebration Day", the film will feature footage from the band's reunion gig in aid of the late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

"Celebration Day" will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17. The theatrical screenings will follow premieres in London, Los Angeles, New York, and other major cities. Tickets for the public screenings will be available on September 13 via LedZeppelin.com. "Celebration Day" will then be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Specific product details will be announced soon.

On December 10, 2007, LED ZEPPELIN took the stage at London's O2 Arena to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band's signature blues-infused rock 'n' roll that instantly became part of the legend of LED ZEPPELIN.

Founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, to perform 16 songs from their celebrated catalogue including landmark tracks "Whole Lotta Love", "Rock And Roll", "Kashmir" and "Stairway To Heaven".

Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band's first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.

Jason Bonham, who has officially drummed with LED ZEPPELIN several times, beginning with the Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert in 1988, told The Pulse Of Radio at the time that he never assumed that the job of taking over for his father was automatically his. "I had to work at it, really prove that I could do it, and not just say, 'Hey, I'm John Bonham's son, I should be doing it,'" he said. "You've got to earn this, 'cause there's a million drummers out there that would love to cut your throat right now and take over.'"

"Celebration Day" track listing:

01. Good Times, Bad Times
    02. Ramble On
    03. Black Dog
    04. In My Time Of Dying
    05. For Your Life (live debut)
    06. Trampled Underfoot
    07. Nobody's Fault But Mine
    08. No Quarter
    09. Since I've Been Lovin' You
    10. Dazed And Confused
    11. Stairway To Heaven
    12. The Song Remains the Same
    13. Misty Mountain Hop
    14. Kashmir
    15. Whole Lotta Love
    16. Rock And Roll

The "Celebration Day" can be seen below.

[video=youtube;VbusDxLekPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbusDxLekPQ[/video]

2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  3. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    Fuckers are cashing in without having to lift another finger.

4. gwartney

Reputations:
    Plant looks like an old woman now.

5. Swayze

Swayze Guest

Reputations:
    Awesome

6. BleedingGums

BleedingGums Fesh Fox Faggot VIP

Reputations:
    Nice

7. TripTo My Taint

TripTo My Taint Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The greatest cover band of all time, you mean.

8. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    ^This^

I was gonna let it go but since someone else brought it up. Fuck them......I don't care that they blatantly copied most everything they did but to take credit for someone else's work and deny the thievery just confirms their assholiness.

9. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    :words:

10. Jack Shit

Jack Shit Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    No Bonzo, no Led Zep.

11. ZosoHitler

ZosoHitler VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's been on bootleg for a while. I'm curious how they'll edit it. It was a damn good show but with some glaring mistakes. Robert's voice cracked during Stairway To Heaven and Page screwed up the violin bow part during Dazed and Confused.

12. gwartney

Reputations:
    I don't know how old you are but those fuckers were massively popular for a long time. Massive. They were more popular than the Stones when the Stones were still putting out some good music. I don't think the fans cared that they ripped off pieces of to whole songs.

13. Lemmy

Reputations:
    I'm 43. Most of my buddies loved 'em but they never appealed to me. I was more of a Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden then on to Slayer, Motorhead, Metallica fan. I never cared for the LZ music but once the theft info came out I learned to hate them. No biggie, I'll not shit up this thread anymore with my ramblings. :toptip:

14. koam

koam Playa' Pimp

Reputations:
    :rolleye2:

Translation: I listen to Howard Stern and blindly formulate my opinions based on the bullshit one moronic guest trying to make a name for himself that has a grudge against the band had to say. The first album, in 1969, was a blues based rock album with a huge Willie Dixon influence, and they did give him credit for those songs. This whole thing has been done since music has been recorded, with riffs being "stolen", etc. It's still being done to this day. To say they "blatantly copied most everything they did" shows you don't know the band whatsoever and just are parroting what you heard on the radio.

15. gwartney

Reputations:
    It's not just from the radio. I never heard it discussed on the show at all. The talk has been around since at least the 80s.

16. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  17. gwartney

Reputations:
    You really need to quote someone so we know who you are aiming your :rolleye: at.

18. Lemmy

Reputations:
    Exactly! My music teacher was playing the original parts (from the blues players) on cassette when I took bass guitar lessons in about 1983/84 and he was a big LZ fan. He knew a bunch of stuff that they ripped off just because he was a HUGE fan of vintage blues and old music in general. I initially thought he was nuts but I later found out there was lots more "coincidences" out there.

KOAM.......keep your opinion of LZ, I don't care....what they did they did great its just not my taste and I dont like the ethics involved. BTW......some people have a greater knowledge base than the HSS FYI.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  19. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's clear. :c

20. SternFan100

SternFan100 Guest

Reputations:
    The Who > Led Zep