Sports Brendan Haywood eviscerates Coach K

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by PI Nate, Mar 27, 2016.

1. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Holy crap, finally someone spoke honestly about what a poor loser longtime Duke Basketball Coach Mike Krzyzewski is. After his recent loss to Oregon, the pompous Duke coach chastised forward Dillon Brooks for celebrating too hard, then lied about it at the press conference.

"Clean your own front porch, before you come over and clean mine."

:owned:

2. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    I know a guy that refs for the acc. He told me coach k is the biggest prick he has ever met in his life. He said alternatively, roy williams is the coolest guy he has ever met.

He told me every ref and player that comes through would love to ring coach k's neck. Total phoney.

3. flaflaflunky

flaflaflunky Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Coach K has an even whinier voice than Howard on the Mammary Lane tapes, and that's saying a lot.

4. GLguygardner

GLguygardner WE DA BEST!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Coach Ratface

5. Surf75

Surf75 Member

Reputations:
    Live right between UNC and Duke. Always see Roy Williams out and about. He talks to everyone. Shows kids his Championship rings.

Never have I once seen Coach K. I have seen his assistants and they are cranky as heck. K's players and coaches take on his personality. He should have ripped Greyson Allen for not shaking hands at the end of the game. Bunch of babies

6. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As if there wasn't enough to dislike about Duke basketball.

7. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I just assume most people who make it to the top of the sports heap are probably sore losers/ hypertype a personalities
    who are more often than not unpleasant people in real life

ARM likes this.
  8. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Takes way too much credit for the Team USA wins. Pretty easy to get gold medals when you have the best players out of the NBA every 4 years

9. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Same with his Duke teams every year. How tough is it to look like a genius with a bench full of McDonalds All-Americans.

HotTrash, potroast, redshirt and 3 others like this.
  10. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've always liked Coach K. He spoke at a basketball camp I went to in 1986. He played for/ coached under Bobby Knight and I assume coaches the same way without having the Bobby Knight public outbreaks.

Plus he grew up in Ukrainian Village in Chicago. :cheer:

11. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Brother speaks the truFF!!! This guy is GREAT, trust me!! I talk to Brendan Haywood on NBA Radio once in a while, and he's an excellent listen for insider ex-player stories and opinions. He JUST went off on Danny Ferry the other day and I head my headphones on and started cackling in a store as he went "DANNY FERRY THE NEXT LARRY BIRD???? HELLLLLLL NOOOO...THAT STIFF AIN'T EVEN LARRY BROWN!!"

Doesn't give a shit who he offends and is really nice at the a same time. I brought up Gilbert Areans (who played with on the same gun toting Wizards team) and pitched to him how he should have a 30 for 30 Doc What's Eating Gilbert Arenas. I THOUGHT he'd duck the topic, but instead took the story and ran with it.

But...ALL UNC guys like Haywood innately hate all things Duke, which Krzyzewski exudes more than anyone in existence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They have a very may-way-or-the-highway military general attitude. They're also VERY fond of white players over talent.

In the 1984 Olympics, Bobby Knight CUT....

(NBA legend All-Stars)
    Karl Malone
    John Stockton (Stockton played on Gonzaga and might as well have been black)
    Charles Barkley
    Joe Dumars
    Xavier McDaniel
    Terry Porter
    Chuck Person

And Bobby Knight KEPT...

Jeff Turner
    Jon Koncack
    Joe Kleine
    Steve Alford
    Tim McCormick

DuKKKe, over the years -- although they have regular access to the top 50 high school Americans - as much or more than any other school - they have had an unusual amount of white players from that crop that crap out in the NBA after they're drafted in the top 10 (Bobby Hurley, Danny Ferry, Mark Alarie, Cherokee Parks, etc etc).

It might be an academics thing or a color thing?? Either way, in a sport that's 85% black - it's impossible to argue that's it's not deliberate, and very very strange.

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm a ref, and I speak to D1 college guys whenever I can - that's EXACTLY what I hear as well. Arrogant elitist phony hot-head.

Dean Smith was another really cool dude, and did TONS for that community and civil rights.

14. Gogol Boobdello

Reputations:
    I always assumed the players that went to Duke, had a higher academic goal.

kingship likes this.
  15. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You gotta take with a grain a salt - the guy gets paid ALOT of money to appear at these camps and play that part - be on his bescht behavior.

Wait'll see him in the locker room - down by 6 to Wake Forest at halftime. Krzyzewski is a politician like most other college basketball coaches to get what they want from top recruits and the cameras.

16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I GUESS, but they ALL seem to just go into basketball related things anyway, so it doesn't even matter how high their GPA is. As long as you use the cronyism name, national TV fame and who-ya-know trumps all.

I heard Krzyzewski monopoly of the Olympic teams gives him Duke related players sprinkled around NBA coaching and front offices and have a major emphasis on drafting Duke players.

17. shitba

shitba Shot Dead VIP

Reputations:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Gogol Boobdello likes this.
  18. Gogol Boobdello

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Alaa Abdelnaby at K Academy
    July 28, 2007 -
    Posted By: Dave Bradley

BP: Talk about your decision to come to Duke back in the day?
    Alaa Abdelnaby: Well, when I look back on it, ultimately why I came was because of a deal that I had to make with my parents. My parents being of an immigrant background coming from Egypt, their goal was really education, education, education. So for me, having been able to grow 6’10” and being able to play basketball, that afforded me the opportunity to go to school for free. It was like, “Okay, well now that you’ve gotten to this point, you have to go to the best school possible.” The best school at that time and in my opinion to this day — and I know I’m obviously not objective in saying this — is here at Duke University. So for me looking back on it, it was the best decision I have ever made in my entire life.

BP: Do you have any memories or stories of Coach K and the recruiting process?
    AA: My senior year, first day of class, I was in my homeroom at 8:00 in the morning. My guidance counselor over the loud speaker calls out to my teacher, “We’d like to have Alaa Abdelnaby come down to the guidance office.” Now I’m just a mess. I’m thinking, “Do I not have enough credits? Could I not be a senior?” Then they say, “You know what? Forget it. He doesn’t have to come down.” Then I’m thinking that my mind is whirling. What could have possibly happened in the last five minutes? On my way to my first class a couple of kids who worked in the guidance office and were friends of mine said, “Coach K’s in the building.” I said, “You guys are out of your mind. There is no way he is in the building. Surely he would have called me and told me.” Every other time he had come up I would always get a call. Then a couple other people as the period was over say the same thing. So now I have to go check for myself. It turns out we go down to the guidance office and there he is sitting there with my transcript in his lap. And I look at him and first thing I say to him is, “You never told me you were going to be here.” And he says, and I’ll never forget this, “I’m not here for you. I’m here to see what you’re all about.” And he had my whole life in front of him. What I learned from that was that it wasn’t just about basketball with him. You had to bring everything and he had to make sure that you were capable of finishing Duke, not just getting in to Duke. And I learned a lot about the guy that day because that was who he was throughout the four years.

Donkeyboy2190 likes this.
  19. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't give two shits about how they look, their braggart graduation rates, or how successful they are - I'm not benefiting from it and nor are you. They have pick of the litter and access to 75% of the top high school All Americans - of course they're successful. You could coach a Duke team to 20 wins. It's not like there's a salary cap or a draft.

My interest is my basketball and people proclivities - and I dislike elitism and arrogance on all fronts.

redwolf, Jim Lahey, ljc and 1 other person like this.
  20. Gogol Boobdello

Reputations:
    Paid alot in 1986? It was Jack Curran's Camp , my gym teacher for 3 years, and i'm sure Coach K was there to see the Great Kenny Anderson and other nyc kids.

Donkeyboy2190 and ARM like this.