Stern Show Brendan Murphy Antsy to Donate Large Painting

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Benjamen, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Late last month in a blog post to his portfolio site, brendanmurphyart.com, grifter, social climber and art world conman Brendan Murphy confessed he is still hoping to donate a very large painting of his. He posed next to it (and an attractive assistant) for scale:

[​IMG]

We are hopeful to donate “LETS TAKE A WALK” to a chidren’s hospital or somewhere where children can enjoy this big gorgeous piece. Perhaps a public space, a library, etc. If you have any ideas or suggestions please reach out below. This gorgeous piece needs a home and it needs to be enjoyed by as many children as possible.

It's likely that Brendan is just getting antsy that he won't be able to write off this donation on his 2015 taxes. But I'm sure he'll find an easy mark.

For those of you who don't remember Brendan, he was Robin's partner in crime at the 15 Foundation.

[​IMG]

Some of the foundation's most notable acts of charity include donating a pool table to a boys club in Miami, finding out facts about Guatemala by vacationing there, taste-testing wine in beautiful Sonoma, and teaching smart black New Jersey high school students how to fill out college entry forms.

[​IMG]

Brendan donated the flower logo to the 15 Foundation, and his company, Solfire Gear, sold T-shirts with Brendan's artwork on them to the 15 Foundation for a cool $7,500.

[​IMG]

Robin was so smitten with Brendan that she wore his ugly Solfire shirts to promote his business in a series of cooking videos she taped with chef Gavan Murphy.

[​IMG]

(The web series was called "Vegucating Robin," and came out a couple years before her book "The Vegucation of Robin.")

[​IMG]

Robin had seen other rich people her age with younger blondes on their arms, so she believed she actually had a shot with Brendan.

[​IMG]

But Brendan ... -- how should I put this delicately -- Brendan's was a flower that couldn't stay planted in just one vase (no matter how large that vase was) ... Here he is with a blonde friend of Robin's, moments before giving her his flower.

[​IMG]

Robin and Brendan severed ties, and the 15 Foundation collapsed. The closest Robin came to discussing the matter on the air was saying she was "betrayed" by someone very close to her.

Here's a typical example of Brendan's art thievery.

He took the nonsensical words of Jean-Michael Basquiat --

[​IMG]

Traced the art of Stina Persson --

[​IMG]

And combined the two to make this:

[​IMG]

Back in 2010, I was so inspired by Brendan's counterfeit art that I decided to make a ripoff myself, using Brendan's signature style and incorporating his new muse into the mix. (And with words that are much less confusing than the ones he uses.)

[​IMG]

While the 15 Foundation may be long gone -- its founders having outrun the law years ago -- Solfire Gear is still in full swindling swing. In fact it's now called Solfire World. And I'm happy to see that while Brendan continues to rip off other artists for his personal work, Solfire rips off Nike for their new apparel -- even using Nike's trademark Futura Condensed Extra Bold typeface:

[​IMG]

Anyway, if you work for a children's hospital and want to get in on the ground floor of Brendan's latest scam, he invites you to contact him through his blog: here.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. kingofallmessicans

kingofallmessicans Sandy Cunt

Reputations:
    Fuck I love your posts dude. I wanted to start a topic about how much I hated Robin, but I had no content so I didn't do it. I snooped her twitter for the first time today, and I'm sure it's old news, but this [​IMG]
    fucking infuriated me. Unfunny, untalented, stupid bitch. So glad she got ripped off by this dude, and I smile knowing how miserable her life must be. That fake smile she uses now, I can see pain and frustration in that face, and it pleases me.

3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Brendan dumped Robin for one of her friends, someone that used to work for E, I think. There a picture of the two of them dancing at an event with Robin looking pissed.

4. Benjamen

Reputations:
    Former Howard Stern Media Producer Anne-Marie. :grad:

[​IMG]

5. Benjamen

Reputations:
    Too beautiful to last.

[​IMG]

6. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    @Benjamen was that guy actually juicing Blobbin?

7. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    That's it, I couldn't come up with the name.

Getoninja, codeine and Bye You! like this.
  8. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Imagine the scene at this dude's "art studio".

9. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

...werent they thrown out of there shortly after this pic?

Getoninja, codeine, GIRLY and 8 others like this.
  10. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Didn't Robin sell her own wine to the Foundation to use at a fundraiser?

How, exactly, does that work? People giving to charity are actually purchasing wine from Ms. Quivers?

11. bobblebooey

bobblebooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  12. Benjamen

Reputations:
    I think a grifter at Brendan's level never actually has to have sex with his mark. His grifting game is so strong, the mere promise of sex is what keeps his mark on the hook.

13. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    that's amazing, because she's gotten some prize beef in the past. And she never really looked good...ever.

14. kingofallmessicans

Reputations:
    Damn, I wish I was good looking enough to be a grifter.

15. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    I think the free range kittens at the Beth's furry friends pussy palace for unwanted blind cats that cannot see would just LOVE some faux greenery to pretend that their poor temporary existence matters! Someone please give him Beth's email address! Doltwithblindpussies@chimneymanor.org

16. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

We are hopeful to donate “LETS TAKE A WALK” to a chidren’s hospital or somewhere where children can enjoy this big gorgeous piece. Perhaps a public space, a library, etc. If you have any ideas or suggestions please reach out below. This gorgeous piece needs a home and it needs to be enjoyed by as many children as possible.

I'm quite certain that it would lead to plenty of enjoyment for children. Anywhere they were to hang that giant paint-by-number water color, children of all ages would point at it and laugh at how amateur it is.

* take careful note of the bimbo with the bent knee and flailing 'hey everybody, look at me' arms. I think we may have seen that pose somewhere!

[​IMG]

17. Benjamen

Reputations:
    I'm not sure there will be room at the homeless cat spa for Brendan's donated flower paintings, what with all of Howard's donated flower paintings.

[​IMG]

18. kingofallmessicans

Reputations:
    Story please.

codeine likes this.
  19. Fa Fa Fruit Fly

Fa Fa Fruit Fly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The mock picture with Robin's visage and "my poor penis" has to be one of the best, funniest and most prized HSS slams of all time.

It really is hall of fame material.

As for Brendan... hilarious that he is having a hard time GIVING away one of his paintings. It does go to show, however, that "art" is largely more about marketing and connections than quality.

Muffler, Getoninja, MobyDick and 6 others like this.
  20. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I've been meaning to start a thread asking "What does Robin do all day?" - but this is even better.

The shows on 2-3 times for 30 weeks a year (guessing) and over at 10:30 AM.

What could she possibly be doing all day?

When she had the (bogus) 15 Foundation she was everywhere pumping it as a charity. Then Brendan dumped her, the she got sick. But if she beat cancer - really what the heck could she possibly be doing with all her free time? You never see her in the NYC press.

codeine and kingofallmessicans like this.