Sports Bret the Hitman Hart diagnosed with cancer

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JesusTwinsBiggestFan, Feb 1, 2016.

1. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart announced he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer in a message posted to his Instagram account Monday:

[​IMG]

It's unknown how long Hart has been dealing with the condition. He is scheduled to undergo surgery this week.

"I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles," Hart wrote. "I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all."

While prostate cancer is a serious diagnosis, it is considered among the most curable malignancies. The five-year survival rate for local and regional cancer of the prostate is "nearly 100 percent," according to the American Cancer Society. Roughly 80 percent of prostate cancers are found in the local stage, meaning they have not spread to anywhere else in the body.

"I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying," Hart wrote, adding that he wants to "set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten."

Hart is considered one of the best performers in wrestling history. He was a five-time WWE champion and two-time WCW champion, and he held every other major belt in both companies.

Known as the Excellence of Execution, Hart was renowned for his near-flawless work inside the squared circle. He prided himself on being a safe worker with himself and others, even noting in his Instagram message that he avoided major injuries in his 23-year career.

Hart has also been part of some of the most iconic moments in sports entertainment history, highlighted by the Montreal Screwjob. That moment, in which Vince McMahon fixed a match to strip Hart of the WWE championship before he moved to WCW, remains one of the biggest controversies of all time. Hart, who retired as a full-time competitor in 2000, did not return to WWE for nearly a decade after his departure.

This is Hart's second major medical issue since leaving wrestling. In 2002, he suffered a stroke after being involved in a bicycle accident.

"I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I...stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear," Hart wrote.

2. Asshat13

Asshat13 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. Nick Mondo

Nick Mondo VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's got the buthole cancer. #BretscrewedBret

TallTyrion likes this.
  4. Biff DiBiase

Biff DiBiase Philanthropist and accountant at Larry, Inc. POTY Stern Forum Gold

Reputations:
    He will survive. It seems as though he was put onto this earth so that he could watch his friends and family all die around him.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  5. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    he'll always be Calgary's most famous son to me

YoYo, Senator Rick, baci and 6 others like this.
  6. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fck....cancer is a Bitch....when will the cunt and the bird get on board and start a charity to fight cancer?!?!?!?

7. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

downtheshoreDom likes this.
  8. ALevy

ALevy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Awful, but he's a fighter & will pull through.

YoYo, baci and Babalugats like this.
  9. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
  10. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Get well Champ Jerseys pulling for ya.

ALevy and ljc like this.
  11. ShutUpSitDown

ShutUpSitDown Your Moral and Intellectual Superior

Reputations:
    Those 25:1 odds I got on Bret dropping dead before The Anvil are looking better and better.

Devil's Backbone, Slow and ljc like this.
  12. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Walk it off, faggot.

13. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Was he a steroid user? I don't know. A lot of steroid users die young.

14. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Jake Dog and HorseFanNetwork like this.
  15. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Wiggy, HorseFanNetwork and chapped like this.
  16. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    I'm 100% sure he juiced.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    Vince had issues with Bret long before the events leading up to the screwjob. Vince loved to suck cock. He has never been gay he just really enjoys having a cock in his mouth. Bret was a good looking guy by wrestling standards and Vince wanted him, but Bret wasn't having any of that. Shawn Michaels gladly gave Vince a young cock to suck and they fell in love. Proof in video.

That is the embrace of two men who shared cock (in a non gay way) after many WrestleMania's.

18. JRoyle411

JRoyle411 I want to live in a hamburger bun.

Reputations:
    Explains why he is such a miserable asshole all the time.

Although he did provide one of my favorite wrasslin related moments ever:

EmperorsNewCaps and ljc like this.
  19. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    must be from taking in the ass

20. Dave Jones

Dave Jones Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bret (Hitman) Hart, pro wrestling legend, reveals he has cancer
    Hall of Fame professional wrestler born in Calgary says he will soon undergo surgery
    CBC News Posted: Feb 01, 2016 11:16 AM MT Last Updated: Feb 01, 2016 2:39 PM MT
    [​IMG]
    Calgary-born former pro wrestler Bret Hart says he is fighting prostate cancer and will undergo surgery shortly. (CBC)
    Bret (Hitman) Hart was used to winning battles in the wrestling ring; now the Calgary-born Hart is looking to successfully battle a different foe — prostate cancer.
    On his website, Hart said he "will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already."
    The 58-year-old former professional wrestler is a member of the famous Hart wrestling dynasty.
    His father, Stu Hart, started Stampede Wrestling — "the staple of western Canadian culture" from the 1950s to the late 1980s, said Heath McCoy, author of Pain and Passion: The History of Stampede Wrestling.
    [​IMG]
    Calgary’s Bret (The Hit Man) Hart poses with former Canadian politician Preston Manning at the Calgary Stampede in 2000. (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)
    "Stu Hart had 12 kids — eight boys and four girls — all whom became engrained in the wrestling business in one way or another, whether they married wrestlers or, you know, became referees or wrestlers themselves," said McCoy.
    Hart was in the ring for two decades and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006.
    According to his website, his career ended with a careless kick to the head during a pay-per-view match that caused a severe concussion and then a major stroke.
    In recent years, Hart says he's had "two knee replacements, two hernia operations, surgery on my right elbow, and, just a few months ago, I underwent a four-corner fusion of my right wrist."
    "He did have this gritty, realistic style and he really did put his body on the line a lot," said McCoy.

Hart is a 'fighter"
    "It kind of hit me like a slap in the face today," said McCoy upon learning that Hart had cancer.
    "I think a lot of people are quite shocked today and … pulling for him in his corner."
    There was an outpouring of support on Twitter from the wrestling community on Monday.
    McCoy called Hart a "fighter" and believes he will get through this, just like his previous battles with illness.
    Hart says he will have surgery in the next few days, and "I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying."
    Hart also says he hopes to become a spokesman for prostate cancer.