Politics BREXIT thread

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by thegroovologist, Jun 15, 2016.

1. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Brexit poll boost as migration fears grow: Out camp takes SEVEN-POINT lead amid warnings of UK population surge
    • Three opinion polls have now given Brexit leads of up to seven points
    • Follows fortnight in which immigration became dominant referendum issue
    • Report has warned UK population will pass 76million by 2035 with most of the arrivals coming from the EU
    The Remain campaign was in meltdown last night over mass migration.

Three opinion polls gave Brexit leads of up to seven points following a fortnight in which immigration became the dominant issue in the referendum.

A report yesterday warned the UK population will pass 76million by 2035 – most of the arrivals coming from the EU.

[​IMG]
    The apparent surge in support for Brexit has been underlined by a YouGov poll for The Time

The study follows official statistics revealing that net migration rose to a near record 333,000 last year.

Yesterday senior Labour figures were called in to shore up Remain support in the party’s northern heartlands. But Gordon Brown continued to insist that EU migration was not ‘uncontrolled’.

Within hours he was flatly contradicted by his ex-sidekick Ed Balls who said Britain needed to ‘restore proper borders’.

The former shadow chancellor also said the deal secured by David Cameron on limiting migrant benefits did not go far enough.

With only nine days until the historic vote on continued EU membership: n European Council president Donald Tusk claimed Brexit could trigger the end of ‘Western political civilisation’;

Figures showed the EU has granted citizenship to five million migrants since 2009 – giving them free access to the UK;

• The Sun newspaper urged its readers to vote Out to escape ‘dictatorial’ Brussels;
    • Academics said the Treasury had been turned into a pro-Brussels propaganda machine;
    • Remain campaigners claimed disability benefits and NHS funding would be slashed after a Leave vote;
    • Martin McGuinness, a former member of the IRA army council, pledged to campaign for In.
    Mr Cameron took a back seat in the campaign yesterday to allow Mr Brown to lead the Labour fightback.

The decision followed mounting alarm that large numbers of traditional Labour voters, particularly in the North of England, are planning to vote Leave, largely because of concerns about immigration.

But the move quickly backfired as the former PM, who once labelled a voter with concerns about immigration a bigot, came under pressure over Labour’s past record. Mr Brown brushed aside the public’s concerns, saying: ‘In Britain we have managed migration – it is not uncontrolled.’

He also said voters were much more concerned about the threat of illegal immigration than about mass migration from the EU.

His comments were criticised by pro-Brexit MPs – including senior figures in his own party – who accused him of complacency.

Last night, his former close adviser Mr Balls added to the chaos with an article for the Daily Mirror.

Mr Balls, who is campaigning to stay inside the EU, wrote: ‘Europe still doesn’t work well enough for Britain. There’s still too much waste and bureaucracy from Brussels and, while a limit has been secured on the benefits paid to migrant workers, I don’t think that can be the end of the story. We need to press Europe to restore proper borders.’

Mr Cameron will keep a low profile again today to allow Jeremy Corbyn to make the pro-Brussels case.

Speaking on a joint platform with militant Unite union boss Len McCluskey, the Labour leader will say staying in the EU provides the opportunity to ‘strengthen workers’ rights’.

Leading Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson said the PM’s decision to make way for Mr Brown smacked of panic.

He added: ‘The Remain campaign are getting slightly rattled now, if you have a relaunch with Gordon Brown that’s got to be some measure of desperation.’

The odds on Brexit tumbled last night after new polling gave Leave a seven-point lead. Experts said it now had an overall lead in the so-called ‘poll of polls’.

A YouGov poll for the Times put Remain on 39 and Leave on 46, with 11 per cent still unsure.

Phone and internet polls for the Guardian, conducted by ICM, show support for leaving the EU is strengthening.

Leave now enjoys a 53-47 advantage once don’t knows are excluded, according to research conducted over the weekend. A Daily Telegraph poll puts the Leave lead at 1 point. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-lead-amid-warnings-UK-population-surge.html

---

[​IMG]

Fatass, Turtle Man, Dorb and 7 others like this.
  2. Rum Balls

Rum Balls VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Brexit? I had pancakes and jelly. What the hell is you talkin about?

[​IMG]

3. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's quite interesting {at least to me} that the people I know who have changed their minds, have gone from wanting to remain to leave, and the reason they want to leave is not because of the brexit campaigns performance or even the real concerns about migration,but all the doing the country down coming from the remain side and also the likes of president Obama telling us we would be 'at the back the queue' with trading agreeements with america. I know for a fact him saying that really pissed off a large amount of people.

It's like the remain campaign want to lose it, I mean they had a german on the other day making threats to us all,and that never goes down well with British people. As I suspect people understand why!

And the US people should really be interested as if we leave the EU, it will have world wide implications. On the stock market, and will have global security effects. The russians for instance really want us to leave as they think us leaving will take the whole thing down. I want us to leave because I think it time we put our own interests first and the EU refuses to allow us to restrict all this immigration and before sovereignty was dripping away. Most people in the UK just wanted a trade agreement nothing else.

4. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "UK Town Lost to Islam

This used to be Nelson, Lancashire in England. Today, at least 50% of the town’s 30,000 inhabitants are Muslim. This is how they celebrate the paedophile prophet Mohammed’s birthday. Actually, this is how they celebrate everything. Any wonder why ‘White Flight’ in the UK is rampant?"

---

"The film followed a group of Britain's most dangerous extremists for two years, giving unprecedented access into the bubbling undercurrent of home-grown terrorism. Documentary maker Jamie Roberts even spent time with Siddhartha Dhar (aka Abu Rumaysah), the former bouncy castle salesman who is now suspected to be the second “Jihadi John”."

---

5. guruhugz

guruhugz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Brits want their borders closed. They are sick of the invasion.

6. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nigel Farage is a great British man.

History will be kind to his legacy.

7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's severely fucking up my European stock profile, dropped from $200k to 170k in the last week alone

8. Finns Wake

Finns Wake Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can increasingly see the appeal of leaving; if I had a vote I very well may come down on that side. However, looking at it purely from my Irish standpoint, which albeit is a very narrow focus, I hope they stay. The implications for the Republic of Ireland aren't great, particularly when you consider cross-border transport and commerce between Northern Ireland and the Republic. These days you would hardly even notice you're crossing the border: speed limit changes from kph to mph and currency from euro to sterling, but it's nothing like the bad old days when you had to have your car inspected by the British army and deal with all of that horse shite. Could have a devasting impact for border towns, like up around Derry. Hardly the biggest consideration, but that's my 2 cents.

Johnnykstaint and RenchFries like this.
  9. Finns Wake

Finns Wake Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just generally would prefer to avoid this if I had to run to the sainsburys in Derry for a chicken to roast or something...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Johnnykstaint and znynick80 like this.
  10. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    My buddy was in Germany a few months ago. Said East Berlin(frmr.) is all Muzzies and ghetto now. Said it made Chicago look good.

11. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    THis was interesting video and I know 19 minutes :facepalm:

12. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

How much longer before Americans see this SHIT marching down Main Street U.S.A.? :facepalm:

[​IMG]

13. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is a no-brainer, they have to leave. If the media, the bankers, and the political elites are overwhelming opposed to an idea, then you know it's a good thing.

14. Chwizas Girl

Chwizas Girl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Don't know about you, but I like brextasis. Bigger the better.

ROR

15. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...you started out saying it wasnt about immigration and you ended up admitting that, it was about immigration. hey i dont blame you people, take your fucking country back. ive seen videos of neighborhoods of these assholes in your country threatening your countrymen as they walk in protest thru their neighborhoods. i say goo for you. great britan will be better off.

16. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I was saying it wasn't about immigration to certain people I know, but anger about how the remain campaign had run their campaign had swayed them to voting out . With me personally immigration was the number 1 factor as I personally think without secure borders and being able to manage your own immigration rules you have no country.

stanggirl, Avery, Stretch5000 and 2 others like this.
  17. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    The EU is an unmitigated disaster of central planning and unelected officals who suck up resources in a huge bureaucracy. It has greatly diminished their standard of living for years but only recently has it become obvious enough for the average person to see it.

They have entire shopping malls only for the EU bureaucrats, where they charge things to the people. It's the most corrupt thing I've ever seen outside of banana republics.

18. Barton Fink

Barton Fink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where are you at? Up around Dundalk somewhere?

19. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Britain has a lot of carve-outs and "special snowflake" clauses in their EU membership agreement. If they leave, then come back in 10-20 years, I doubt they'll be able to get the same exemptions.

What's the solution, then? It would be smarter for the "Vote Leave" crowd to advocate closer ties to the U.S. and Canada.

20. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    IMHO, it would be a huge mistake for Britain.

But then again, they do maintain their own currency already, don't they?

FlatTimmy likes this.