Bricklebeery of Son of a Beech?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by psxpirate2k3, Sep 12, 2013.

1. psxpirate2k3

psxpirate2k3 Member Banned User

Reputations:
    After Howard was taken a big shit on Yuko the Clowns TV series, made me think Which one is more successful?

2. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Brickleberrry has more seasons under its belt I think. Plus its funnier than Son of a Beach.

3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    This one of that one?

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Robin, Son of a Beach was the most successful show on FX, but we couldn't come to agree on terms of budgets so I pulled the plug."

Ever notice that nothing Howard does is ever canceled or a failure. I heard on one of the replays last week that Howard still claims that he quit the Channel 9 show and that Channel 9 beat him to the punch by announcing they canceled the show.

He also said that he and Don learned from that experience that you have to be the first with the press release. Kinda foreshadowing his inevitable announcement that he decided to leave AGT before NBC can announce that they have decided to pass on his for a third season.

5. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Brickleberry DID just get renewed for Season 2, so I'd say we have a winner!

:winner:

With that being said, I always thought Son of the Beach was funny in a corny sort of way, and Leila Arcieri was soooooo fap worthy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  6. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    I love Tim Stack and was mildly amused with SOTB, but Howard is just a cunt for shitting on Yucko's shot at show biz success.

7. Crazy Marcus

Crazy Marcus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    no, son of the beach was on for 3 seasons. also has had dvd releases and aired in reruns on spike, it is more successful than brickleberry.

8. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    You are correct, sir! SOTB was on for 3 seasons!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_the_Beach

If Brickleberry can last one more season, they'll be tied (as I am sure that DVD/BRDs will follow...)

9. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Brickleberry isn't a bad show at all, it's very up and down (some episodes are awful, some are really great Yucko-esque humor). I think it could be far better on an HBO or Netflix though, you can tell a lot of scenes are handcuffed by being on basic cable, I'd love to see what Yucko produced if he had free reign. I do think he's a really talented guy, the clown character is just played out, and he's too odd looking to make it as anything other than a writer/producer.

10. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Brickleberry is mediocre

Son of the beach was just bad its only saving grace was hot chicks(not beth apparently tee hee)

However latching his career to the Daniel Tosh train was the best thing Yukko did.

Who is more relevant in today's world?

Daniel Tosh

Howard Stern?

With Daniel tosh being one of the 3 serpent heads of Comedy Central(Daily Show, South Park, Tosh.0) brickleberry will be on for as long as they want to please Tosh.

11. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I didn't realize yucko was involved in any way. Good for him. Executive producer, huh?

Brickleberry is up and down for me. It's had some really great episodes but also so many mediocre and bad one's. I'll record it I my dvr is running low and hen fast forward depending on the quality of the show.

Son of the beach was pretty good for what it was. I attribute most of the funniness and quality to Tim stack though. That show was his humor. I remember he had a fake talk show before SOTB that had hilarious episodes. I think even Howard gave Tim stack the credit for the show when Tim came in with the cast a few times to promote. I feel like SOTB could have aired for more seasons as a dopey, fun little show with the usual female eye candy per episode.

12. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    The reason SOTB was cancelled was that FX had gotten what they wanted; cable networks back then weren't adding the station, and they used that show and Howard's audience (which was still sizeable at that point) to call up and ask for it to be added. They got what they needed from Stern, and then went towards serious TV.