British man arrested for killing home invader

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dawg, Jun 24, 2011.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    What a fucked up country. you cant even defend your home or your person.

A father and son were being questioned by detectives last night after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death as he broke into their family home.
    The death comes only days after David Cameron vowed to protect the rights of homeowners to defend their property.
    Peter Flanagan, 59, and his son Neil, 27, were asleep upstairs when four masked men forced their way in through the back door of their terraced home.
    They awoke and confronted the gang and during a violent struggle one balaclava-wearing intruder was stabbed.

His three accomplices helped him as he staggered 200 yards before collapsing.
    Alerted by a 999 call from the Flanagan household shortly before midnight on Wednesday, police dashed to the scene to find the intruder lying in the street in a pool of blood.
    The 26-year-old suspected burglar, who has not been named, was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead

More

2. Bro

Bro Oligarchical Corporatocracy VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I remember hearing that in order to stay out of trouble with the law, before you can shoot a home invader, you have to retreat to the farthest corner of your home. Maybe that's just NY or maybe an old wives tale. :dontknow:

3. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Should have offered him tea and crumpets.

4. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    Even the most ultra liberal friends I have in the UK think this is crazy

They envy our guns laws and right to protect ourselves and property using deadly force

This reads like the Marine comments on the guys robbed that I posted "Asked whether the case raised issues over how far residents can go to protect themselves, he said: 'We are investigating this matter within the legal framework as it stands and I don't want to speculate on political matters at this stage. 'If somebody was confronted by a burglar tonight, I would tell them to ring the police and use reasonable force to protect themselves.'

This isn't political this a quite possibly life and death situation. You have no way of knowing and you can fight or do nothing and see if they'll kill you. The douchebags that would have us fear the consequences of defending ourselves, our families or our homes are the real criminals