Brock to host "The Danettes"

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Tommy Lasorda, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Tommy Lasorda

Tommy Lasorda New Member

Reputations:
    DirecTV commercial just showed Dan Patrick's "The Danettes" will have a new host for their show in March- Brock.
    Too F'n bad they didn't pick Jon Ritchie instead!

2. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Not news. It's called The Box Score. It will re-debut on March 10th.

I'm not sure if it's going to work. Brock is/was committed to staying in L.A. and I didn't think he would move all the way to Milford, CT just to host a daily 30 minute show for not very much money. I was thinking he might be connected by satellite feed, but the show won't work well without him in studio.

I wonder how long it will take before they stop being enchanted by his 2 impressions and fire him. He does other impressions and writes childish toilet humor sketches as well and they are all pretty bad.

3. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He does a couple of good impressions, but Brock isn't that funny or entertaining. I watched a few minutes of one of those bits her does for TALS, nothing great there. He must be sucking Ken's cock to land this gig.

I listened the other day to the show where he first calls in, they didn't even try to hide the fact that he was a planted caller. They even "teased" his appearance somewhat earlier in the show as if he was famous or something. Of course Artie wasn't impressed.

4. mnkycum

mnkycum Active Member

Reputations:
    He is just a shitty version of Frank Caliendo, all its going to take is a few people to complain about the "bitch whisperer"or any of the other stupid "bits" he does and Dan Patrick will fire him. He is a huge pussy about anything controversial. His show is like the Regis and Kelly of sports shows.

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't find Brock funny either (his few decent impressions get old fast), but he seems somewhat likable at least. Ritchie and Bocchetti have absolutely no redeeming qualities.

6. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Caliendo was a shitty version of an impressionist, so that's saying something. Seriously, when he was popular for 3 months on some commercials and had a show, I thought it was some kind of "meta" joke. Every voice sounded exactly the same, and none like the intended target.

Brock's fun in small doses and I don't really know what he can or can't do. His 2 impressions are certainly more accurate than any of Caliendo's.

I love what autocorrect did to monkeycum's name. :)

7. Junior

Junior Active Member

Reputations:
    Brock on my TV screen=immediate 4X fast forward

8. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This. Even at 4x speed I wanna throw up when Brock and Bocchetti are shirtless.

9. ronaldjacobs123

ronaldjacobs123 Member

Reputations:
    Congrats Brock. I know you lurk on this forum. With that being said, cut down on the impressions buddy!

10. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Meh the entire show needs a facelift

11. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He gave it his best. Don't think I'll be checking it out again, though.

12. IHateHoward2

IHateHoward2 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

13. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, it wasn't as good as the one hosted by Casey. The biggest problem was because he was doing it from a studio in LA rather than in Milford with the guys. There wasn't a good flow to the conversation.

I was only half-paying attention, though. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Although, my favorite appearance by brock on ALS was when he was in a studio in LA, doing the Andre the Giant "12 Days of Christmas" and Art thought he was drunk. Supposedly he ate a lot of the catering, but his red face was a big giveaway.

14. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    I made it through the first 8 to 10 minutes and had to hit the delete button