Bruce Hornsby on Stern: Audio?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Icculus, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    have always wanted to hear this.

2. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    bruce is a gaye

3. Icculus

Reputations:
    sweet. that makes him the most talented of the gayes.

4. Crazy Marcus

Crazy Marcus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    wasnt a good interview. guy was boring and he played a weird version of the way it is which didnt sound good.

5. Icculus

Reputations:
    only one song? damn. he must not live in the hamptons.

6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I got it Icculus. I've been meaning to put it on my YT channel for a very long time. I've been a Hornsy fan for a while because he crossed 2 cultures equally as well in music and basketball. Very interesting guy to me and got a whole lot more interesting in that his son Keith Hornsby is a big NCAA basketball star for UNC Asheville and leads the NCAA in free throw%.

7. Icculus

Reputations:
    thanks! I was looking around for a compilation of Dead covers I used to have and remembered he had been on Stern, but for some reason it never popped up on my Howard TV.

8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard TV never showed it. I had combed for it for years (and I could even see the cameras in the stills they took for hs.com so I KNOW they filmed it) but it never ever showed on that flimsy menu.

Believe it or not I actually contributed to the interview with a myriad of questions I sent in to Gary, Jason, Will, and Fred about his career and life. I posted them on SFN and sent them to my friends who were listening so they could see what Howard would use in advance.

The Tupac song "Changes" which uses "The Way it Is" like 60% of the time I made sure got in there. And ALL the basketball stuff is from me as well as a question a fan took off SFN about Sean Hannity using his song in his opening as Bruce is a HUUUUGE liberal.

Hornsby's also mainly responsible for "The End of the Innocence" which people think is really a Don Henley song.

This is his son Keith's stats right now;

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56209/keith-hornsby

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/statistics/player/_/stat/free-throws

9. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Use fucking Google or something......
    anything else master?:shit:

10. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Member

Reputations:
    Howard was an asshole to him, talking shit over his music. Totally disrepected him. They never aired it on howardtv. Howard hates the grateful dead and i guess that spilled over to bruce.

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    That's just the way it is.

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ya know what SB, I was skimming through it a few minutes ago, and I thought it was a really cool interview. But he was RUSHED because that day the show overloaded on guests with in addition to Hornsby, there was John Stamos and Aaron/Nick Carter. Hornsby definitely needed to play another song as well.

I'm knee deep into making a YT video out of it, so listen again with a 6 year later perspective. I remember seeing Hornsby's fan site somehow come on my radar and his hardcore fans LOVED the interview because it uncovered several things they were never aware of as well as the clean cut Hornsby in a PI setting.

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here's the actual interview, and I liked alot on a re-listen. Howard's kind of on his old school game here, and you get to hear Artie a bit

[video=youtube;4v41xe8tHsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v41xe8tHsA[/video]

14. Icculus

Reputations:
    much appreciated ARM! howard was rather obnoxious, but he went with it. seems like a lot of trouble to get a piano in there for 2 minutes of playing.

15. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Member

Reputations:
    Cant believe it was six years ago. I was always pissed howardtv didnt air this. Not only not in a daily show, but never, so i guess i was still pissed about that. Shows how out of touch they are that the carter boys were more relevant than a guy who toured with one of the greatest bands in history and had his own big hits.

16. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Member

Reputations:
    Thx ARM for posting. Enjoyed listening to it.

by the way, one of my favorites of his is his "valley road" from 10/30/90 in london. Prob oneof his best perf with the dead.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013