Entertainment Bruce Springstern--------Rebel...Rebel

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So you don't agree with the law, issue a statement in effect and keep cashing those checks and not disappointing fans...Nobody gives a shit what you believe in

'Some things are more important than a rock show': Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concert over state's 'bathroom law'

Bruce Springsteen has canceled his concert in North Carolina, citing the state's new law blocking anti-discrimination rules covering the LGBT community.
    In a statement on his website Friday, Springsteen said he was canceling the concert scheduled for Sunday at the Greensboro Coliseum because of the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act, which critics say discriminates against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
    Springsteen says the law 'is an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress.'
    [​IMG]
    +4
    Bruce Springsteen has canceled his concert in North Carolina, citing the state's new law blocking anti-discrimination rules covering the LGBT community
    [​IMG]
    In a statement on his website Friday, Springsteen said he was canceling the concert scheduled for Sunday in Greensboro because of the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act
    'No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden,' he wrote.
    'Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments.'
    'Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters.'
    Springsteen apologized to his fans, writing that some things are 'more important than a rock show'.
    'This fight against prejudice and bigotry - which is happening as I write - is one of them,' he continued.
    'It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.'
    The House Bill 2 was signed into law by Gov Pat McCroy last month after it was approved by the Republican Senate.
    [​IMG]
    +4
    North Carolina legislators decided to rein in local governments by approving a bill on Wednesday that prevents cities and counties from passing their own anti-discrimination rules
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Director Rob Reiner (left), said he won't produce movies in North Carolina until 'this hateful law is repealed'. Governor Pat McCrory (right) signed the House Bill 2 into law
    The law was in response to a Charlotte City Council ordinance approved in February that would have extended protections to gays and lesbians as well as bisexual and transgender people while at hotels, restaurants and stores.
    It now prevents the state's cities and counties from passing their own anti-discrimination rules and instead imposes a statewide standard that leaves out sexual orientation and gender identity.
    The law orders public schools, government agencies and public college campuses to designate use of multiple-occupancy bathrooms and changing facilities, such as locker rooms, by biological sex stated on a person's birth certificate.
    Transgender people can use the bathrooms and changing facilities corresponding with their gender identity only if they get the biological sex on their birth certificate changed, according to ABC News.
    [​IMG]
    +4
    The NBA said the 'discriminatory law' runs counter to its values and that it could affect the planned 2017 All-Star Game in Charlotte. The Charlotte Hornets basketball team and Carolina Hurricanes both reaffirmed their opposition to all forms of discrimination
    North Carolina is the first state to require public school and university students to use only those bathrooms that match the biological sex written on their birth certificates, according to the National Conference on State Legislatures.
    Springsteen is the first musical act to cancel his show in the state over the bill, but a number of figures in the entertainment and sports world have spoken out against it.
    ESPN had been considering North Carolina for the summer X Games but said in a statement that the organization embraces 'diversity and inclusion and will evaluate all of our options as we seek a new city for the X Games'.
    The NBA also hinted that the 'discriminatory law' could affect the planned 2017 All-Star Game in Charlotte, as the organization is 'dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all who attend our games and events'.
    The Charlotte Hornets basketball team and Carolina Hurricanes both reaffirmed their opposition to all forms of discrimination in statements.
    The NCAA, which is scheduled to hold men's basketball tournament games in Greensboro in 2017 and Charlotte in 2018, said it takes diversity into account when it chooses its event sites.
    When Harry Met Sally director Rob Reiner said he won't produce movies in North Carolina until 'this hateful law is repealed and LGBT North Carolinians are treated with the equal dignity they deserve'.
    Reiner said that he 'will not film another production in North Carolina', until the law that bans cities from enacting their own anti-discrimination protections is done away with.
    He also encouraged his colleagues in the entertainment industry 'to vow to do the same'.
    Google, Apple, American Airlines, IBM, Biogen and PayPal have all condemned the law as well.
    PayPal has already canceled plans to build a global operations center in Charlotte because of the bill.
    CEO Daniel Schulman said the bill discriminated against the LGBT community and said it would cost the state 400 jobs.
    [​IMG]
    +4
    Advocates for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender rights say the law demonizes them with bogus claims about bathroom risks. Demonstrators outside the NC Executive Mansion in Raleigh

DogStar69, ARM, Gusbuss and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  3. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Hes only hurting his fans...

4. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Agreed - this is a pretty shitty thing for Bruce to do.

5. iloveyoubut

iloveyoubut Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Would a rapper cancel a concert because of this issue? No.

6. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    1. Watch other states pass dumb laws and then get hammered to the point of having to rescind the law
    2. Pass your own dumb law
    3. Think there will be a different outcome
    4. Get hammered by people and businesses refusing to come to your state
    5. Change your mind and rescind your dumb law

7. zutroy

zutroy Totally nude. Totally flawless.

Reputations:
    Good looking group here. In particular, the fella on the right showing off his belly and displaying a catchy and original sign.

[​IMG]

8. Princess Kitty

Princess Kitty You Knew VIP

Reputations:
    image.jpeg

My God, what has happened to this country

9. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    Do those dumb fuckin hicks even listen to Springsteen?

10. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    The Boss laying down the law.

:ghp:

11. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Why does no one care about my right to only share a public bathroom with other biological females?!!!

(BTW, they push this gay shit cuz gays don't breed, it's eugenics.)

12. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Buce Springsteen has canceled his concert in Greensboro, North Carolina, this Sunday in protest of the state’s new law that requires transgender people to use public bathrooms conforming to the sex on their birth certificates and restricts protections for LGBT people.

Springsteen explained his decision in a lengthy statement to fans.

“As you, my fans, know I'm scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the ‘bathroom’ law. HB2 - known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act - dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it's an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments.”

The rocker added he felt it was not the right time for him and the E Street Band to perform in North Carolina.

He continued, “Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry - which is happening as I write - is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.”

"Bruce Springsteen is a hero and an icon because he gives voice, both through his music and his advocacy, to those who struggle against injustice and equality," Human Rights Campaign President Chad Griffin said in a statement, reacting to the Boss' announcement.

"It means so much that he has spoken out against this hateful bill on behalf of thousands of citizens whose rights and fundamental dignity are being trampled by the leadership of North Carolina."

Tickets for Sunday’s show will be refunded

Tickle Shits and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  13. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    In his statement, Mr. Springsteen noted the many people and organizations opposing the law, and said that he and his band were canceling the show “to show solidarity for these freedom fighters.”

“Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them,” he wrote. “It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.”

:golfclap:

Pitzarea and Stew Nod like this.
  14. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

God likes this.
  15. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Must have been two concerts.

16. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    @xavier bringin' it again with the thread title!!!

lols

1Vegasgirl and chapped like this.
  17. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Bruce's whole career emerged in and around asbury park....one of the biggest gay towns in the country

I dont understand the law or his stance, dont GAF enough to read or research it really...But I do know he's an uber lib when it comes to the homo thing...probably more than half his friends are gay...I understand

18. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

DuckDong likes this.
  19. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    good.

20. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations: