Entertainment Bubba and hulk probably did this together! I said it!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, Mar 18, 2016.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why is everyone buying this hulk bullshit? Hulk is one of the greediest people I have ever read about? When on Stern every conversation revolved around money. And bubba loved this guy. We're supposed to believe this wasn't a set up? Guy looking for giant pay day (his own words) hits $115,000,000 settlement. Please. Set up all the way

2. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    splashwut?

doughhead63 likes this.
  3. ALevy

ALevy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Best legal swerve since "Wild Things" back in '98.

dillonmurray.jpg

JumboWop, GQtaste, OV and 10 others like this.
  4. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    "I'm not saying i deserve any of that money, Robin, but they did play tape of my show in the courtroom. That's my content Robin. And then you have sirius, and all these knew listeners at the trial i brought to the Sirius family. And of course they fuck me over too, I'm not going to say anything else about that.

But thats OK Robin, i thought i was doing the trial a nice thing by providing that tape of my show to them. I was america's judge i wanted to help. Is it so much to expect something in return? To be compensated for my work? ........ Ugh i am so tired. Is it time to leave yet Robin? .... Robin? "

5. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    So, you're saying it was a double blue jay?

Humph, icypussy, GLguygardner and 4 others like this.
  6. Fillmore Fingers

Fillmore Fingers Sandy Vag Banned User

Reputations:
    It's not unheard of.

tired likes this.
  7. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    bubba wants his cut of the magillicutty

8. binhphuocngu

binhphuocngu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Get your Bubba terms correct. Is it a work or a shoot?;)

9. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    "Let's say he gets $115 million dollars and that stood. The attorneys get 40 percent off the top and then he also has to pay out the cost of the litigation, which means not the attorneys' hourly fees, but all the cost of the investigators, experts, witnesses. So you can assume in a case this big that the cost of the attorneys is going to be $1 million, and their paralegals and research and transportation and all the cost that will go along with it," Slaten explains.

"And then there's taxes. The IRS treats personal injury awards like this differently depending on the character of the claim. If you are being compensated for a physical injury like broken bones, you can't eat, nausea, physical injuries—those are not taxable. If it's for lost wages then, yes, it's taxable as if that money was wages.

"If it's purely an emotional injury that does not have a physical component to it, then that is taxable—the government gets like half of that portion that is purely emotional. Just like Erin Andrews, Hulk will have tax attorneys working hard on this and they will make the argument to the IRS that he suffered physical manifestations of the emotional injury—that he couldn't sleep, he is having nightmares, he is suffering PTSD, erectile dysfunction, he can't have appropriate relationships, sweats, all the things he could possibly have."

So with all that said, we're looking at roughly $46 million in attorney fees, another $2 million in litigation fees, and assuming the remainder $67 million is taxable (which means half is getting cut), Hogan is left with—drum roll, please—$30-40 million. And yes, that is still a chunk of change, but definitely not $115 million.

Then again, there are the punitive damages, which Slaten couldn't even begin to ball park. "It could be anything. God knows what it will be. I couldn't even start to speculate on that. Frankly I'm shocked at the $115 million dollar compensatory verdict for showing a video for nine seconds."

However, there's a big chance Gawker is going to appeal, which then throws another monetary curve ball into the mix.

"This is a very large verdict and it's going to have to be appealed," Slaten tells us. "In this case, Gawker is going to appeal because Hulk doesn't want to appeal it, he's thrilled he got more than he was asking for—so, Gawker is going to appeal and they will have to put up a bond for $50 million, in case they lose and that money is there for Bollea."

He continues, "That is one of the most difficult things in a lawsuit. You can win a judgment, but that doesn't mean the money just automatically flows into your bank account...He will not see the money for a while—even years."

Additionally, "an Appeals court could easily decide the jury was wrong and cut the award in half. If they felt that no reasonable juror should have ruled that way. Cases get overturned on appeal all the time," Slaten tells us, explaining that they could end up just settling for the $50 million instead.

"And if Hulk and the attorneys are OK with that, the attorneys are walking away with $20 million-plus and Hulk gets $30 million, then maybe they would do it. I don't know. It would depend on what the attorneys think is how viable the claim on appeal is."

Regardless, the large judgment raised a lot of eyebrows today, especially coming after the $55 million awarded to Andrews in her Peeping Tom case against the Marriott hotel in Nashville. And it definitely sparked some interesting conversations on the Internet:

http://www.eonline.com/news/750146/...ow-much-of-the-115-million-he-ll-probably-get

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  10. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Hulk yes, Terry Bollea no way Jose

Biff DiBiase and GLguygardner like this.
  11. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    Heather Clem says she fucked him 4 times but who did she fuck? Hulk with the 10-inch python or Terry with the 5-inch mcguilicuddy?

Slow, GLguygardner, Xent and 3 others like this.
  12. rogmar

rogmar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Of course they did.........
    ...DUHHHHH!

13. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I said this in another thread

Fuck yes it was a scam

Bubba settled for 5000

14. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Now Hulk won't have to do rent a center commercials. Goo Fo Him

[​IMG]

15. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:

GLguygardner and Roland Schwinn like this.
  16. AbeVigoda

AbeVigoda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Absolutely.

It's the age old 'fuck your buddies wife while you are secretly recorded on surveillance video then the footage is leaked to an online blog who posts it online without your permission then you sue them for damages' scam.

One of the oldest tricks in the book

JumboWop, OV, SalsMasterShake and 9 others like this.
  17. Dick Fitzwell

Dick Fitzwell Opinions are like assholes ... and so am I

Reputations:
    It was a two-finger cul-de-sac Jones with a magilicutty chaser on the backside

Muffler, Kah, binhphuocngu and 5 others like this.
  18. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bubba ,Heather, And the Hulk laughing all the way to the bank

Joe Bauers and tired like this.
  19. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gawker should go after Bubba now for starting all this bull shit.

20. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    Wouldn't put anything past Bubba.

kingship, TheWonk, Petal and 3 others like this.