Build the legal case against Howard stern

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard bilked Sirius out of $1billion, contributed to a
    a merger, collude with Mel and ripped off his audience... Provide facts to build a
    case against howie...

2. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i was thinking about this today. the way i see it is hoard an company sold fans on live shows and very few commercials if any. he further went to tell the people that started paying to follow him he had notebooks full of ideas for the channels. in the end he sold you a subscription to an automated radio program.

3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    He repeatedly praised the merger as something that would benefit the fans while saying he had nothing to gain from it. Years later we find out he got a $25 million bonus and expected to get a $300 million bonus that he's still in litigation about. Highly unethical at the least.

4. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Time for a class action lawsuit....just need a willing lawyer and a lead plaintiff...

5. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    I agree, but not. In 2005, he did great, through about 2010. Then something happened and he decided he couldnt afford to fill the Artie chair. Its all been downhill since then. You cant expect him to be 90s Wiggy... people change. But his level of Sterndom was consistent through the time Artie left.

And I agree. This two days a week now (we're fucking paying for FIVE, goddammit!) is bullshit.

6. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    MLaw... you reading this? What say you? And can all us collectively as dawgsaloon.com be lead plaintiff?

7. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
  8. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i was out of sirius 18 months in for non performance of my personal contract with howcie but i do remember lots of people telling subscribers the merger wouldnt effect pricing that it wouldnt change. another load of road apples, snap now i remember mel testifying to the trade or fcc that it wouldnt effect consumer prices and i bet everyone is paying more now that they broke it into packages. is it two compqnies or one blobin?

9. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Howard didn't pay Artie.
    The sad thing is that Howard was to lazy to find a replacement. He thinks that he and Robin is just fine.

When Sirius didn't renew Artie's contract, Howard could have gone to them and asked for another comic. But he didn't.

Then Howard resigned and sued Sirius. After that Sirius wont spend an extra dime on Howard. Each contract that runs out aren't replaced (for example Ferrall)

10. MatthewT

MatthewT Awaiting The Rapture VIP

Reputations:
    same case as CBS had against him; he uses their airwaves to promote other projects he's doing (AGT). CBS beat him; don't see why Sirius couldn't

11. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    I think Howard's contract serves as a good piece of evidence. I agree that e had a good start, but was quickly blacklisted by the broadcasters union (which explains the lack of guests until he settled with krock).

12. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wasn't there an insider trading problem in his early Sirius days?

13. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...thats why chaunce was banished.

14. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Oh?

15. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...imo it was the straw that broke the camels back. iirc chauncy was one of the first to be questioned by the sec because of something he said.

16. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Breach of Contract, failure to live up to the contract.

Quality of the show both production quality and content quality has become blatantly substandard. Failure to produce and develop his three channels (H102 a complete failure). Bad mouthing the company, employees and board members. Taking a second job that is interfering with fulfilling his Sirius job, using Sirius to promote his second job.

If Howard can stretch the meaning and wording of the original contract in his lawsuit then Sirius should be able to do something with the above against him.

17. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I'm sure he's violated at least a few of the Nuremberg laws.

1. sexual intercourse and marriage between people defined as "Jews" and non-Jewish

2. Jews not allowed to employ females under 45

18. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    howard is a fag youre honor

19. 14chimneys

14chimneys Member

Reputations:
    Artie hid how over Howard was... The Movie Bombed & he took years spinning how it didnt bomb, he got a Divorce & Jackie left. That was the state of the show! Thats where Artie stepped in & brought the edge, interesting stories & basically life into the show!

Howards audience went with him to see what the show would be like with swearing, but what kept them is Artie being 5X as funny when he could just swear/talk.

Howard turned into a "host" of his own show? But not in a good way, he just started counting money, he wanted to get to a certain point so he could sell his stock options & if you notice when that happened the stock dropped off the map!

- Having a budget of $100 million for the show a year & not wanting to pay anyone to be on his 2 channels, he's crying over paying someone $300? Doing this he kept getting any wackpacker or whatever who would do a show for free!

- A very little cheap thing was Howard bragging about closing down a Pizza place for Artie's birthday, he kept hitting that point... now when you have $700 million, I wouldnt give a shit about what $40,000? NOW add he brought the Howard Tv crew & made a tv show about it so than Howard Tv paid for it, not Howard!

Howard is like a Auditor! For money... fuck entertainment whatever is the cheapest way to run a show where he NOW does about 8% of the heavy lifting.

Ive listen to the show since 1988 & I NEVER thought Howard would be a lazy, hasbeen? :( Its actually more sad than being pissed.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  20. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Because class-action lawsuits are always a good thing for the actual plaintiffs. :rolleye2: :jj:

:secret: (the lawyers get the lion share of the proceeds. class-action lawsuits are the biggest scam in the legal system)