Bygones

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Peau de Soie, May 1, 2014.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I just wanted to take the opportunity to say goodbye to all the good people in this tiny little subforum. With the end of the show and with Artie's little popup on Nick's podcast in the past, there's not much else to talk about. Right now we're mostly getting rubberneckers from other forums and/or former lurkers stopping in to examine the ashes of Artie's latest implosion.

I can't list names because my memory sucks and I'd probably miss someone important, but you know who you are. Thank you for making one of the most civil, funny, and sometimes thoughtful forums I've ever participated in. We differed on minor points but everyone's really been smart, funny, and great to be around. (The general lack of internal forum backbiting has been really refreshing.)

Maybe Artie will reappear on something regularly and we'll all start in again, or maybe the Nick fans will use the forum to discuss his podcast, but for now, thanks to everyone, it's been a fun ride. Thanks to Dawg and the mods for letting us be here.

:)

2. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

hope this long shot kicks ass in Kentucky Derby on Saturday

3. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Well said. Hear, hear!:beer:
    Thanks to Dawg himself for running these forums and creating this forum (and then renaming it when they shitcanned Nick). Now, I'm not sure what the S.O.P. is for what happens to specific show forums when shows die, but I hope this at least gets archived if it can no longer stay open (instead of being trashed/deleted).
    Since my posts are usually overly verbose, I'll leave it with this: :bigcry: :sadbye2:

4. RODFROMBAYSIDE

RODFROMBAYSIDE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think we can get this forum going even though the show is off the air. I like coming in here whenever I can and reading the funny shit you fuckers write and contributing every once and a while.

5. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    I think we try to keep it going also. Artie will be doing enough to keep us busy commenting I am sure...

6. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah, just a re-naming until something else comes along.

7. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Instead of "Daily listening" thread we can have a daily report thread and post that Artie made it through another day or if he making any appearances or rename it "The fucked up shit Bocchetti did today" thread and document his 3 Lb a day weight gain

8. Dicky

Dicky Member

Reputations:
    Down for this.

9. mnkycum

mnkycum Active Member

Reputations:
    I didn't post as much as I read, but you guys made me laugh everyday, I hope it stays going for a while longer at least

10. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    The one silver lining I have from ALS being done is not having to know anything more or being accidentally exposed to news about Mike or his awful life. Please don't deprive me of that. The only news involving Bocchetti that I want to be made aware of is his eventual suicide and/or heart attack. The rest sounds great.
    Perhaps we can use the integrated betting system (vcash) to create betting odds on how long it takes Artie to get a new show, his next hospital visit, his next relapse, date of nuptials, his next weird twitter rant that is subsequently deleted, etc.

11. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll be around checking in here as long as it's up. Or until a better Artie forum pops up. As long as Artie's around there should be a forum for him in one place or another. I'm guessing he'll be doing another podcast or radio show in the not too distant future. This seems to be the way comics survive these days, especially somebody like Artie who's great at it.

12. Partyxanimal

Partyxanimal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I got a feeling Artie won't be without a broadcast job for long , He's been doing it now for over a decade.

13. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    i love you all :bigcry::sadbye::sadbye2::endit:

14. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    How about Norm taking over for Craig Ferguson with Artie as the sidekick??

15. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm numb.

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Artie and a nightly network commitment...?

It would be amazingly funny though. Norm's twatfeed's been on fire with a LateLateNorm campaign.

17. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Norm won't play ball anymore. Unless Les Moonves hands over complete creative control, I doubt he would subject himself to that kind of rigorous schedule. Plus, although I love Norm, the target demographic is too young: they don't remember him and they don't appreciate his comedy. Letterman has the old people, who will go away when Colbert takes the throne, Ferguson has a younger audience that won't stick around for Norm.

The first time he has to interview a Kardashian or a Real Housewife of ___, he'll tank it on purpose.

I don't picture a sidekick looking like Artie doing too well on network tv again. And his gruff, Tom-Waits-esque voice won't work for announcing. When was the last time Norm (and for that matter, Artie as well) wore a suit?

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Well Norm's the one retwatting the crap out of the idea.

Funny, my default image of him is still in a suit.

But yeah you make some strong points. They're both about 20 years too old.

19. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Peau sir you are a gentleman and a scholar, quite the classy thing by starting this thread; I will absolutely miss this shit, it was a part of the whole experience along with listening to the show, you guys were just absolutely brilliant with the real-time posts. Also, if it were not for this forum, and some of you guys in particular, I would not still be posting here on Dawgs. There was a time there for a bit where evidently I was ostensibly singled out (yes I know that shit would happen all the time to people here and not trying to whine just sharing my thought process at the time) for some bs thing and a collective group on the HSS forum would just clandestinely thrash me and inundate with negs signed by divergent users and fucked up comments, to the point where I was like fuckkk this shit I don't even want to bother. However I would come in here and you fuckers would drag me back, "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.." with your just hilariously spot-on observations and comments.

I follow some of you on Twatter, but anyone else just hmu: @jgard

20. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations: